Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) (21729 Views)

Ten Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender 2016 / 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender / Unilag Releases Revised Academic Calendar For The 2013/2014 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by mancanoe: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2013
So i wil renew my rent, undecidedSo i wil renew my rent,
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Inyanga(m): 10:26am On Nov 30, 2013
Unical, what'z keeping you..... I think we Malabites and Malabress need to protest
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Richiez(m): 10:41am On Nov 30, 2013
Richiez: The management of The University Of Abuja (Uniabuja) has released an official statement signed by the school’s registrar Mallam M.B Modibbo, directing its students to resume academic activities on sunday, the 1st of December, 2013.

Speaking with a top management staff this morning (name witheld), Academics Nigeria gathered that the publication of the statement came as a follow up of the directive of The Federal Government (represented by Pro-Chancellors) that all Federal Universities should re-open for continuation of academic activities.

Academics Nigeria has also received calls from students who re-affirmed that the date of resumption has been aired out both on radio stations and television stations.

However, one is not certain that academic activities will continue as usual as calls to the University’s ASUU chairman Dr. Clement Chup to react to the directive was not answered.
During an interview with political platform(A progrramme organized by Ray Power) this morning, Dr. Clement Chup said that ASUU did not close down federal universities and so will not be responsible for re-opening them.

Most lecturers in the university who spoke to Academics Nigeria said that although it is their wish to return back to the classrooms, they will not do so until all issues between them (ASUU) and the Federal Government has been resolved.

Meanwhile students of the university can seize this opporturnity to continue their course registration and screening exercises.

Below is the proposed revised academic calender for 2012/2013 academic session.

Monday 2nd December, 2013 – Lectures resume for all students

Saturday 21st December, 2013 – Christmas Break (2 weeks)

Sunday 5th January, 2014- Lectures resume for all students

Monday 6th January, 2014 – Lectures resume for all students

Saturday 18th January, 2014 – End of First semester lectures

Monday 20th January, 2014 – First semester examination begins (3 weeks)

Saturday 8th February, 2014 – End of first semester examination

Sunday 9th February, 2014 – First semester break (2weeks)

Sunday 23rd February, 2014 – Second semester begins

Monday 24th February, 2014 – Second semester registration (1week)

Monday 3rd March, 2014 – Second semester lectures begins

Saturday 24th May, 2014 – Second semester lectures end

Monday 26th May, 2014 – Second semester examination begins

Saturday 14th June, 2014- Second semester exam end

Sunday 15th June, 2014 – Second semester break (2weeks)

READ FROM SOURCE
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Authorkawiyu: 10:44am On Nov 30, 2013
WWW.PROUDLYSUCCESS.TK THE LATEST 9JA TRENDING SOCIETY FOR HOT EXAM EXPO
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Evasmillingguy(m): 10:50am On Nov 30, 2013
Richiez: The management of The University Of Abuja (Uniabuja) has released an official statement signed by the school’s registrar Mallam M.B Modibbo, directing its students to resume academic activities on sunday, the 1st of December, 2013.

Speaking with a top management staff this morning (name witheld), Academics Nigeria gathered that the publication of the statement came as a follow up of the directive of The Federal Government (represented by Pro-Chancellors) that all Federal Universities should re-open for continuation of academic activities.

Academics Nigeria has also received calls from students who re-affirmed that the date of resumption has been aired out both on radio stations and television stations.

However, one is not certain that academic activities will continue as usual as calls to the University’s ASUU chairman Dr. Clement Chup to react to the directive was not answered.
During an interview with political platform(A progrramme organized by Ray Power) this morning, Dr. Clement Chup said that ASUU did not close down federal universities and so will not be responsible for re-opening them.

Most lecturers in the university who spoke to Academics Nigeria said that although it is their wish to return back to the classrooms, they will not do so until all issues between them (ASUU) and the Federal Government has been resolved.

Meanwhile students of the university can seize this opporturnity to continue their course registration and screening exercises.

Below is the proposed revised academic calender for 2012/2013 academic session.

Monday 2nd December, 2013 – Lectures resume for all students

Saturday 21st December, 2013 – Christmas Break (2 weeks)

Sunday 5th January, 2014- Lectures resume for all students

Monday 6th January, 2014 – Lectures resume for all students

Saturday 18th January, 2014 – End of First semester lectures

Monday 20th January, 2014 – First semester examination begins (3 weeks)

Saturday 8th February, 2014 – End of first semester examination

Sunday 9th February, 2014 – First semester break (2weeks)

Sunday 23rd February, 2014 – Second semester begins

Monday 24th February, 2014 – Second semester registration (1week)

Monday 3rd March, 2014 – Second semester lectures begins

Saturday 24th May, 2014 – Second semester lectures end

Monday 26th May, 2014 – Second semester examination begins

Saturday 14th June, 2014- Second semester exam end

Sunday 15th June, 2014 – Second semester break (2weeks)

READ FROM SOURCE
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by indoorlove(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Unibuja?is that a school or creche?Some primary schools are far far better than Unibuja,I pity those that attend that glorified secondary school
Unibuja is not the best, but definatelly not a "glorified secondary school" as u claim.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by lookingfly: 11:03am On Nov 30, 2013
ABU abeg make we resume too cos i don tire for house o.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Kingspin(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2013
brosun: What other demand? Try and be abreast! After the 13-hour marathon meeting with the President, every grey area was adressed and agreed upon by both parties. ASUU shifted ground and FG did too. Hopes were high that the strike would be suspended in no distant time. ASUU held congresses where majority of the members voted for the strike to be suspended. BUT with conditions: that FG must show commitment that it was ready to implement the agreement reached; that agreements are good in priciple, but their non-implementation had always led to ASUU going on regular strike. That FG must show this commitment by lodging the money it said it had approved in the Central Bank; that it include an important issue agreed upon with the President at the marathon meeting: that the 2009 agreement would be negotiated in 2014 (the permanent secretary who took the briefs at the meeting had cleverly omitted it when communicating decisions reached to ASUU). ASUU also requested that the attorney general of the federation be a signatory to the agreemnt to lend more weight to the document and that in the spirit of reconciliation and no-victor-no-vanquished all the seized four months salaries of the striking workers be paid to them.
These whole processes has become childish. Is no longer news ASUU has join politics. Since the last meeting with Mr president, ASUU categorically has not made any official statement or brief the populace or open up the issue the manner which they had been going about it before- all other things about ASUU is now in secret. Remember FG, said thing is going to be in phases and released 130billion. What is still holding ASUU to call off their strike. No doubt, they have join politics period. And as it stands now force may come in.

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Ochhie(f): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2013
@Richiez, I never knew u were a student of unabj. Pls this question goes directly to u and others who are students of uniabj. Will uniabj admit direct entry students who chose them as second choice or do they admit second choice direct entry candidates??
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2013
Kaydem: ...bros did you just mentioned LAUTECH...if you are a stalite you will understand that outside the ongoing strike our lecturers are the most loyal servant to laziness...even if ASUU should call it off today, expect them to use up to two weeks to wake from there slumbers...LAUTECH i hail thee...!!!
lol, Bro my department ls different ooo. my Lecturers are hyper active.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by youngchief1: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2013
Thanks To almighty God "okaka" in phyno voice
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Godwin305(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2013
One thing abt unibuja is dat they dnt follow their academic calendar. So all dis one na wash. Mtcheeew glorified secondary school.........
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by brosun(m): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2013
Kingspin:
These whole processes has become childish. Is no longer news ASUU has join politics. Since the last meeting with Mr president, ASUU categorically has not made any official statement or brief the populace or open up the issue the manner which they had been going about it before- all other things about ASUU is now in secret. Remember FG, said thing is going to be in phases and released 130billion. What is still holding ASUU to call off their strike. No doubt, they have join politics period. And as it stands now force may come in.
You appear not to have been following but are being merely conjectural! Perhaps you could name the political party ASUU has joined! You seem to have forgotten that two days after the union held its congresses it fixed a meeting for NEC; you forget too why that NEC meeting could not hold. Perhaps you are being too emotional not to realise that in the spirit of unionism the death of a union member MUST be mourned. Would it not have been irresponsible, if not irreverent, for ASUU to have gone ahead and held a NEC even when a prominent member of the union and a member of the negotiating team lost his life in the struggle? I wonder what ASUU had kept secret ever since then. Perhaps the anxiety of we Nigerians to hear that ASUU called off the strike especially when congresses had met made us blind to the fact that due process must be followed! Were the results of the decision of the congresses secret? Many of us are being fooled by FG propaganda, and it's a big shame that you are asserting here (as if you have the evidence) that FG has released 130 billion naira to ASUU. WHO TOLD YOU SO As at today, the only amount the FG has released to the universities is N30 billion and this is for earned allowances. I stand to be corrected. The other amounts are promises which ASUU has found necessary to request government to show commitment that it would keep its promises by lodging an instalmental payment in the CBN. To now begin to forcefully open universities, as if ASUU closed them in the first place suggests that FG is not only insincere but does not have the financial muscle to implement the new agreement negotiated by the president himself. People die because they lack knowledge. Try get some knowledge man before you open your mouth in things you do not know!
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Annaka(f): 11:55am On Nov 30, 2013
Taylor184: As if Unigwagz is a good skul
Fu.cked up school.....Bleep Adelabu
go hug transformer na
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sharrrap! Gay!!
IYA NGBALI: don't get worked up for being told the truth,unibuja is a glorified secondary school. What do you people have and where are your half baked products?
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by nairacodedcom(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Let's get this Fact : Universities are not CLOSED, its just the Academic Union that are on strike. Uniben libraries, Labs and hostels have all been open thru' out. Infact, there are still few students there, with School providing both light and water. Even if FG or Sch MGT ask students to resume and we all do so, if there are no lecturers to teach, then nothing has changed. FG better match actions with words or else they will be a laughing stock. As for me, I JUST DEY LOOK THEM for now.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ochhie: @Richiez, I never knew u were a student of unabj. Pls this question goes directly to u and others who are students of uniabj. Will uniabj admit direct entry students who chose them as second choice or do they admit second choice direct entry candidates??

Push your question to the link below, I'm sure they'll help you better.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: keep dreaming,you would be shocked down to your system when you go back to school
Who is this one again?
Go back to your salon, your customers are waiting, quit doing things you're not good at, I'm sure you have some hairs to wash.
Oya! Gerrrrrroutta here!!!
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: don't get worked up for being told the truth,unibuja is a glorified secondary school. What do you people have and where are your half baked products?

Hairdresser, at least they don't have you. You are so engrossed in the price of shampoo and how to comb your customers nice that you can't even dream big, the only thing big about you that I see here are your BIG b r e a s t s., quit trolling on good threads when your customers aint coming, at least, make sure your gen is working, by the way how is business today?
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
adino:

FAGgay and his nASUU lecturers will see hell, by the way which school is that FAGgay guy lecturing self, I pity that school.
BUK.
The dude is suppose to be selling cows somewhere in Jalingo, unfortunately, he is rearing fellow cows in a ranch called ASUU.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Adetula1(m): 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
grin
tobechi20: One by one.....universities are spliting from AASU ,

at the end only Aasu president dr Faggae will be on strike
grin
tobechi20: One by one.....universities are spliting from AASU ,

at the end only Aasu president dr Faggae will be on strike
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by IYANGBALI: 12:59am On Dec 01, 2013
gcfr.com:
you re the one getting yourself worked up, cos the students know its glorified nursery school, so wtf.
thank God that you agreed with me that unibuja is a creche for adults like you
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2013
IYA NGBALI: thank God that you agreed with me that unibuja is a creche for adults like you

[b] a creche eh? How so? What makes it a creche? Is it the fact that feeding bottles are used to nurse her students? Was it because you were denied admission? Is it because they have the guts to call ASUU's bluff? Why are crying more than the bereaved? You sound unschooled in many ways, could that be that you were schooled there? Did you study hair dressing in Uniabuja? From the way you spelt Uniabuja as Unibuja, I have the feeling you have had a rendezvous once in the school, sorry if you weren't admitted? Being an hairdresser isn't such a bad thing after all, at least you can browse with the paltry MB mobile networks gives you once in a while. Its amazing how you've turned your life around, from being denied admission to a big
B R E A S T E D hairdresser who actually can browse. If you are so sure the school is a creche and all her students are babes who still suckle from feeders, why not call on their attention for a duel, there are tons of them here on this thread. Maybe after you have been trounced and made to look like the big breasted fool that you are, you'll calm down and go about your daily routine of soap, shampoo, combing and hair drying.
I'm allergic to schmurks like you.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by ztob(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2013
unibuja students, visit this link to find out the latest news and happens in your skl http://unibujatwits.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jamb Cut Off Mark / Unilorin Post Ume Latest News- The Questions / Unizik Admission Status Is Fully Out. No More Admission Is Still In Progress For Admitted Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.