Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) (21715 Views)

Ten Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender 2016 / 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender / Unilag Releases Revised Academic Calendar For The 2013/2014 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Clemzy16(m): 12:10am On Nov 30, 2013
tobechi20: One by one.....universities are spliting from AASU ,

at the end only Aasu president dr Faggae will be on strike
It's ASUU

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Akby(m): 12:12am On Nov 30, 2013
alexdidi: I rep unibuja joor

K
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Akosbaba(m): 12:12am On Nov 30, 2013
Unilag no try dis kind thing o,second semester exams shouldn't start earlier than february or else......
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by kambili999(f): 12:13am On Nov 30, 2013
Akby:

Just 3weeks into 2nd semester before the strike started so nothing to scare ma'am *tongue*
*holding the tongue out n cutting it lyk kpomo*
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Akby(m): 12:16am On Nov 30, 2013
kambili999: *holding the tongue out n cutting it lyk kpomo*

*yawns*
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 12:18am On Nov 30, 2013
This is a fabulous move. Chup or whatever China-man name that ASUU branch chairman has, resume work or be sacked, that's how simple it is. Nobody is quarreling, Uniabuja ASUU was factionalized way before this national strike, mark my words, 1/3 of the lecturers in the pro-vc faction will resume, some percentage from the FAGgay ASUU faction who are lilly livered will resume too. Leaving the extremist Abokis and communist oriented striking lecturers in a minor subset, this subset will be made a scapegoat so that all renegade lecturers now under the aegis of nPDP nASUU will learn what they teach but don't know.
ThankGod GEJ has quit dangling the carrots to them, they are animals, herbivorous ones at that, what they need is the stick approach, FAGgay and other like-minded extremist incline lecturers need the stick approach, that's the only language their lot will understands.

3 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Exponental(m): 12:19am On Nov 30, 2013
Fadelex:
just 50k for outright payment but 70k in installments 30k upfront then the balance b4 daybreak. cuz by 6:00am this space will be costlier than Mona Lisa
pls send ur atm number/ card, password, bank, full name and address for e-payment.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Oskyworld(m): 12:20am On Nov 30, 2013
I am a master student, I overheard d lecturers discussing in sch today and I percieved fear of FG latest decision in dia talk even as dey joking told me and a colleague to go and get our cv ready so as to take over from dem..
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sakaguchi(m): 12:21am On Nov 30, 2013
Taylor184: As if Unigwagz is a good skul
Fu.cked up school.....Bleep Adelabu
Go to the gallows, hang your head in shame and die. Thank you, the world could do with one less fool moving about.

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by kambili999(f): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2013
Akby:

*yawns*
seen
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by isi4(m): 12:23am On Nov 30, 2013
Dust handouts...dust books..collect xmas money as transport fare...get a map to locate my University...Call my VC to know what level I am currently!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Fadelex(m): 12:23am On Nov 30, 2013
Exponental:
pls send ur atm number/ card, password, bank, full name and address for e-payment.
just send ur atm card number... I don't need password. I will debit it myself.[b]
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 30, 2013
This threat can work if the focus is just on one school like the Unilorin 44 saga. But on a national scale, it can't fly.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by sparkleRed(f): 12:50am On Nov 30, 2013
Godwin10: Uniben Waiting o..
U go wait tire cos uniben na after iyayi burial cry
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by duni04(m): 12:56am On Nov 30, 2013
Richiez:

Monday 20th January, 2014 – First semester examination begins (3 weeks)
See sucide! unleashing exam just like dat on pple dat av bin @ home 4 almost 6months.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Swaginton(m): 1:03am On Nov 30, 2013
Godwin10: Uniben Waiting o..
wait wela...uniben wey carry this strike for head like gala

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by phoneport(m): 2:24am On Nov 30, 2013
ASSU please Go And Die
Comrade speaking
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Greatpooss(m): 2:46am On Nov 30, 2013
Team UniAbuja. Wake up!
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Richiez(m): 2:51am On Nov 30, 2013
Oskyworld: I am a master student, I overheard d lecturers discussing in sch today and I percieved fear of FG latest decision in dia talk even as dey joking told me and a colleague to go and get our cv ready so as to take over from dem..

Richiez: The management of The University Of Abuja (Uniabuja) has released an official statement signed by the school’s registrar Mallam M.B Modibbo, directing its students to resume academic activities on sunday, the 1st of December, 2013.

Speaking with a top management staff this morning (name witheld), Academics Nigeria gathered that the publication of the statement came as a follow up of the directive of The Federal Government (represented by Pro-Chancellors) that all Federal Universities should re-open for continuation of academic activities.

Academics Nigeria has also received calls from students who re-affirmed that the date of resumption has been aired out both on radio stations and television stations.

However, one is not certain that academic activities will continue as usual as calls to the University’s ASUU chairman Dr. Clement Chup to react to the directive was not answered.
During an interview with political platform(A progrramme organized by Ray Power) this morning, Dr. Clement Chup said that ASUU did not close down federal universities and so will not be responsible for re-opening them.

Most lecturers in the university who spoke to Academics Nigeria said that although it is their wish to return back to the classrooms, they will not do so until all issues between them (ASUU) and the Federal Government has been resolved.

Meanwhile students of the university can seize this opporturnity to continue their course registration and screening exercises.

Below is the proposed revised academic calender for 2012/2013 academic session.

Monday 2nd December, 2013 – Lectures resume for all students

Saturday 21st December, 2013 – Christmas Break (2 weeks)

Sunday 5th January, 2014- Lectures resume for all students

Monday 6th January, 2014 – Lectures resume for all students

Saturday 18th January, 2014 – End of First semester lectures

Monday 20th January, 2014 – First semester examination begins (3 weeks)

Saturday 8th February, 2014 – End of first semester examination

Sunday 9th February, 2014 – First semester break (2weeks)

Sunday 23rd February, 2014 – Second semester begins

Monday 24th February, 2014 – Second semester registration (1week)

Monday 3rd March, 2014 – Second semester lectures begins

Saturday 24th May, 2014 – Second semester lectures end

Monday 26th May, 2014 – Second semester examination begins

Saturday 14th June, 2014- Second semester exam end

Sunday 15th June, 2014 – Second semester break (2weeks)

READ FROM SOURCE

I really can't wait for monday, to see how things unfold... I'll post Live updates here too...hmmm, if FG wins on this one, it's gona be a big blow to ASUU, the VC Adelabu is very good at manoeuvring the lecturers...some of them are very loyal to him.

2 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Bunker(m): 4:37am On Nov 30, 2013
Others what are u waiting for, b4 u guys re-open...or have u guys lost the key? Am talking to IMSU
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Biodup: 4:42am On Nov 30, 2013
liaslo++:
Lautech what are u waiting for?
i pitty u, schools in south west will be the last to re-open. These corrupt lecturers get strong head pass anything.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Cmfrt001(f): 5:26am On Nov 30, 2013
kolaawole: Waiting 4 ABU to do d same
you can go back if you want to ooo the school gates are not shut but one thing is for sure that lecturers ain't gonna lecture. Why? Because, their demands have not been met. You can imagine you going to Dubai for shopping then after 2weeks, you return with nothing to show for it, perhaps even worst than you left the country. That is exactly what you guys want ASSU to end up doing. I mean, it will do us more harm than good if they call-off now and maybe in January or February next year they embark on another strike for the same course. It won't make any sense. So it is better to fight ones and for all. Moreover, I am tired of sitting on the floor during lectures. FG we need facilities or else, there will be no education in Nigeria and that will only means that the state is a failure.

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by leonshom(m): 5:33am On Nov 30, 2013
Schools wuld be reopened doesn't mean lecturers r goin to teach, like it has been said dat,they were not responsible 4d locked up,skul management did,so,skul myt be reopened buh lecturers myt not teach
tm-tech:
I am very sure some other schs will soon join them....making it very easy for govt to deal squarely with the adamant union staff......they are no longer 2geda, this gives the govt a huge advantage .......ASUU is a union filled with pple of unparralleled ideology.......#SMH

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by LMAyedun(m): 5:34am On Nov 30, 2013
Richiez:

I really can't wait for monday, to see how things unfold... I'll post Live updates here too...hmmm, if FG wins on this one, it's gona be a big blow to ASUU, the VC Adelabu is very good at manoeuvring the lecturers...some of them are very loyal to him.
Let's wait till Monday... But as for the students in ASUU chairman's dept, Dr. Chup. (Geography dept) nothing for them cause the lecturers in that dept are ASUU fanatics but for other depts, we can't really predict what monday holds for them. UniAbj ASUU Chapter has been in factions even before the strike.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by holarmideh(m): 6:03am On Nov 30, 2013
liaslo++:
Lautech what are u waiting for?

I don't understand for lautech ooo.
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by JECBOSS: 6:15am On Nov 30, 2013
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Lumic(m): 6:21am On Nov 30, 2013
roommate need ,opposite obanna ,interested fellow reply "GUY"oooo
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by tpapi: 6:21am On Nov 30, 2013
Uniuyo wat r u waitin 4, abi u na neva finish renovating vc office
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by IYANGBALI: 6:22am On Nov 30, 2013
Unibuja?is that a school or creche?Some primary schools are far far better than Unibuja,I pity those that attend that glorified secondary school
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by IYANGBALI: 6:25am On Nov 30, 2013
Lumic: roommate need ,opposite obanna ,interested fellow reply "GUY"oooo
room mate need?na wa o,anyway that is unibuja product for you. My friend go back and correct yourself
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by luvbeloved(m): 6:28am On Nov 30, 2013
undecided ASUU don lose public symparty already naaa....this one don too much undecided
Re: UNIABUJA To Resume Dec. 1st (with Revised Academic Calender) by Atigba: 6:35am On Nov 30, 2013
I can't wait to see federal universities recruiting...am fully ready to take over from those vampire striking lecturers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa 1st Blackman With 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / Kendra Jumbo: First Class ABSU Med. Lab. Science Best Graduating Student (Photos / Unilorin Post Ume Latest News- The Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.