Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,562 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? (554 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by simplyOJ(m): 11:24am On Nov 30, 2013
I was in Apo mechanic village in Abuja this morning to do a minor repair on my car and beside me was seated under a shade a very huge man also waiting for his car to be fix. Not far from us was a man preaching the good news of Jesus about the consequencies of not repenting that could lead to spending eternity in hell if you happen to die a sinner. The preacher went on further to say God in an instance would destroy the whole world with everything in it. This one got the man seated by me so....so uncomfortable and he muttered some words under his breath.... I beg make God no do am o....! Oga why na.. I ask; he never answered me. He could not bear hearing the words of the preacher any further i guessed, he left quitely and said.. O boy make i check something for corner.....he never came back. The question now is, do you feel uncomfortable hearing a preacher preach the gospel of christ especially that one you hear around your neibourhood while you are still on your bed very early in the morning.
Re: Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by DKJaleel: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
i surely do feel uncomfortable cos, aside from the noise they make with their bells, the so called gospel is so full of lies and deceit, forbids one from thinking logically and utilizing fear as its fuel..
Re: Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by simplyOJ(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
DK Jaleel: i surely do feel uncomfortable cos, aside from the noise they make with their bells, the so called gospel is so full of lies and deceit, forbids one from thinking logically and utilizing fear as its fuel..
just wondering. How do you know what is preached is full of lies. I believe one thing, If you hold on to what you believe in, irrespective of what others say; true or not, hold on to your conviction. For the noise you complained about made by the bell or mic used, both christain and islam are guilty of that.
Re: Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by DKJaleel: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
simplyOJ:
just wondering. How do you know what is preached is full of lies. I believe one thing, If you hold on to what you believe in, irrespective of what others say; true or not, hold on to your conviction. For the noise you complained about made by the bell or mic used, both christain and islam are guilty of that.
logical reasoning proves that...
Re: Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
DK Jaleel:
logical reasoning proves that...

What logic, what is the yardstick or standard, or what is even true?
Re: Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
@ op, the man did that, and many more are uncomfortable with the gospel today 'cos they knew something is definitely wrong somewhere. God had wired in us the concept of eternity, so either we believe or not, there something within always yearning for it, though many has succeeded in suppressing it.

It is beautiful how God has done everything at the right time. He has put a sense of eternity in people's minds. Yet mortals cant grasp what God is doing from beginning to the end time.
Ecclesiastes 3:11
Re: Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by larrymoore(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
DK Jaleel: i surely do feel uncomfortable cos, aside from the noise they make with their bells, the so called gospel is so full of lies and deceit, forbids one from thinking logically and utilizing fear as its fuel..
I tell u, the most annoying part is when some of them walk in ur street say around 5am and 6am to come and disturb with the megaphone with its unclear message. I just feel like having a pit bull to wade them off so I can leave my life without fairy tale message of the old tradition.
Re: Are You Uncomfortable Hearing The Gospel Of Jesus? by simplyOJ(m): 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
@ Pastor Olu T. I totally agree with you. We mortals most times wants to assume to always be in-charge and finds it difficult to accept that we are accountable to a Superior being somewhere somehow irrespective of our different religious convictions. As we age, it begins to dawn on us that they may just be a life after the NOW.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Discripancy Between A Catholic Priest And A Penticostal Pastor. / DO YOU KEEP NEW YEAR RESOLUTION / God’s Providence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.