Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,448 members, 7,954,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. (5334 Views)

Nollywood Actors & Actresses' Value / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Most Annoying Nigerian Actors/Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by kadman(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2008
According to Forbes,in the last year past 2007 - The highest paid actors in hollywood were :

ACTORS -

1. Will Smith - $80 million
2. Johnny Depp - $72 million
3. Eddie Murphy - $55 million
4. Mike Myers - $55 million
5. Leonardo DiCaprio - $45 million

ACTRESSES -

1. Cameron Diaz - $50 million
2. Keira Knightley - $32 million
3. Jennifer Aniston - $27 million
4. Reese Witherspoon - $25 million
5. Gwyneth Paltrow - $25 million

Surprisingly Angelina Jolie did not even crack the top 10 highest paid actresses,she made $14 million last year. How the hell is she going to support her 85 kids on that measly salary ??
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by motunrayo4(f): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2008
kadman:

According to Forbes,in the last year past 2007 - The highest paid actors in hollywood were :

ACTORS -

ACTRESSES -

Surprisingly Angelina Jolie did not even crack the top 10 highest paid actresses,she made $14 million last year. How the hell is she going to support her 85 kids on that measly salary

LOL. . . . .Im soo happy for Will and Eddie
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by iice(f): 2:16am On Jul 24, 2008
Which film did Jen Aniston do last year? undecided Can't remember.

kadman:

ACTORS -

ACTRESSES -

Surprisingly Angelina Jolie did not even crack the top 10 highest paid actresses,she made $14 million last year. How the hell is she going to support her 85 kids on that measly salary ??

Hmmm it depends on the movies she made last year. Probably the turn in from the animated production she was in. She is though one of the highest paid, paid 15 mil or so per movie. So if you don't make any movie, then no pay. LOL am sure she has money saved tongue
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by HCH3COO: 2:25am On Jul 24, 2008
iice:

Which film did Jen Aniston do last year? undecided Can't remember.
I can't remember either. She was a guest star on dirt, wasn't she?
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by iice(f): 3:05am On Jul 24, 2008
HCH3COO:

I can't remember either. She was a guest star on dirt, wasn't she?

Yup. And i doubt she ranked in 27mil for some episode undecided.
Funny how Courtney is the one with all the TV roles these days. Goes to show, don't always believe the hype cheesy
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by kadman(m): 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2008
Iice, Wonder what Jen Aniston did to you,you're always on her case. No need to get at me am just saying,
And as for Jen Aniston having no roles,

Management - 2008
Traveling - 2008
Marley & Me ( with Owen Wilson )
He's Just Not That into You ( with Drew Barrymore,Ben Affleck )
Gambit - 2008
The Senator's Wife - 2009

These are her upcoming films,so as you can see she's booked for the next two years,Courtney Cox does TV,Jen Aniston does only movies,she has stated repeatedly that she will not do any TV show ever again.
So goes to show, believe in Aniston's hype.

And Jolie has NEVER made 15 mill in ANY movie.
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by iice(f): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2008
Lawd have mercy! grin

kadman:

Iice, Wonder what Jen Aniston did to you,you're always on her case. No need to get at me am just saying,
And as for Jen Aniston having no roles,

Management - 2008
Traveling - 2008
Marley & Me ( with Owen Wilson )
He's Just Not That into You ( with Drew Barrymore,Ben Affleck )
Gambit - 2008
The Senator's Wife - 2009

These are her upcoming films,so as you can see she's booked for the next two years,Courtney Cox does TV,Jen Aniston does only movies,she has stated repeatedly that she will not do any TV show ever again.
So goes to show, believe in Aniston's hype.

And Jolie has NEVER made 15 mill in ANY movie.

I will get on your case tongue jk but erhhh did i say she didnt have film roles? And if she's not doing tv shows ever again, da heck she doing guesting in one? undecided

Mind you i have seen some of her movies and the only one that stood out was the one with Gyllenhaal - she tried in that one. Do you even remember the hype when friends was ending, she was hailed as being the next big star - still waiting for that to happen oooo. I don't care if she's booked for roles, many people get booked for roles - depending on the script, the budget and sometimes even if everything looks alright the outcome can fall flat. So till i see what she can bring to the table in terms of her 'acting' and how much star power she will garner from the movies, i will keep up my opinions!

Kindda like Ben Affleck! - most overhyped rubbish actor.

Jolie makes 10-15 a movie well according to recent ET reports. Again depending on the movie and the star power and budget, the fee fluctuates. There was a time Halle was getting 15 upwards a movie especially after she won the oscar, but recently i think she has slipped to between 10 -15 a movie - probably because she hasn't been doing so many movies of late and not many of her movies have generated 'megabucks'
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by Gamine(f): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2008
Gywneth PAltrow

Reese Wither-away Spoon

Jen Aniston??

WHAT!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by iice(f): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2008
rofl @ away spoon

Yeah her star power increased with winning the oscar and besides she can be commercial, so can command lotsa money.
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by Gamine(f): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2008
Im sure Angelina must have turned down enough roles.

She no be desperado now.

Kiera Knightley, that girl just dey fly
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by Seun(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2008
So I was correct when I hailed Will Smith as the "hottest movie star right now, black or white". Cool. cheesy
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by kadman(m): 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ iice

Aniston guested in one show,as a personal favour to her best friend Cox,  So that's cleared.
She isn't in a lot of films,but the few she is in brings in a shitload of money, And she is the breakout star from Friends,the rest went on to TV (all of which have flopped),but her MOVIE carrer is doing well,as you could see from what she's being paid,  Hey i didn't make up that list.

Another had a recent survey of Actors with the most value,please take time out to read it :

According Forbes magazine, funny man Vince Vaughn has topped a list of Hollywood stars giving studios the best returns on their investments.

Forbes says it compiled the list by looking at a star’s last three films that opened wide before January 1, 2008 and were made in the past five years — and were not animated.

The mag then took half of each film’s box office income and added the first three months of wholesale DVD revenues, subtracted the budget, and used the star’s gross income to work out payback.

Vaughn's films earned $14.73 for every dollar he was paid.

Pretty impressive!

Until recently he wasn’t paid the mega-bucks of other actors and the films he starred in, like Wedding Crashers, had modest budgets but awesome box office returns.

Here's Forbes' list of the top payback stars:

1. Vince Vaughn - $14.73
2. Tobey Maguire - $13.44
3. Julia Roberts $13.19
4. Brad Pitt $12.73
5. Naomi Watts $12.16
6. Matt Damon $12.16
7. George Clooney $11.56
8. Jennifer Aniston $10.48
9. Hugh Jackman $9.90
10. Ben Stiller $9.50

As we can see Angelina Jolie still did not crack this list.
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by iice(f): 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2008
Broken record! I know what budgets and box office are - having already mentioned that in my posts.

Which of her movies made shitload of money? The one with Vince - but we already know Vince has been the man since old school not my man anyways. Aside from that one i don't remember any other movie except for derailment which i only watched for Clive another rubbish movie. Again - what movies did she do recently and i don't mean what she's going to do. If people can't even remember what she did - she must be really flourishing rofl.

I reiterate

Do you even remember the hype when friends was ending, she was hailed as being the next big star - still waiting for that to happen oooo.

Yes she was the break out star of friends not that i like Rachel ughh but am yet to see her flourish like they all predicted her to do. Understandably she made alot of money from friends afterall David Schwimmer advised them all to battle for a raise.

BTW Courtney is doing just fine even without the hype. She has been cast to appear in a few episodes on Scrubs. Nothing wrong with doing TV especially if it's the right one.
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by kadman(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2008
Hmm you don't seem to be making any point,all you're doing is putting her down. There has been two lists i put up showing her being one of the richest actresses in Holly.,and you still cannot dispute that,or the fact she's making mega money,you just keep going on and on and on, about nothing specific,now who's the broken record ?
You said before she wasn't the break out star,now you're saying she is, Stick to one point

And Cox Dirt show was CANCELLED, so a few Episodes of Scrubs ?? Scrubs ?? all the way from Star in FRIENDS ! DOWNGRADE !! . I'd rather be making 27 Mill. Thank you very much.

As i said you're still not making any point,
1. Aniston is the 3rd best paid actress in Hollywood
2. She has 5 films in the works
3. She is the 8th best payback star in Hollywood.

You're the still not making any argument in the main issue. You don't like her films,so what ? The people who paid her 27 mill last year don't care what you think.
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by kadman(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
And,

Yes she was the break out star of friends not that i like Rachel ughh but am yet to see her flourish like they all predicted her to do. Understandably she made alot of money from friends afterall David Schwimmer advised them all to battle for a raise. 

And if being paid 27 Mill in one year,and being no 3 best paid actress in Hollywood is not flourishing,  I wonder what is ?
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by iice(f): 5:37am On Jul 26, 2008
According to MNBC - the highest paid actresses since last november - it hasn't changed yet - are

The Hollywood Reporter has comprised a list of the 10 highest-earning actresses in Hollywood. The top ten leading ladies include names that have dominated the screen for several years. Let's check out how much these A-list actresses are demanding per movie,

1. Reese Witherspoon -- $15 million-$20 million
2. Angelina Jolie -- $15 million-$20 million
3. Cameron Diaz -- $15+ million
4. Nicole Kidman -- $10 million-$15 million
5. Renee Zellweger -- $10 million-$15 million
6. Sandra Bullock -- $10 million-$15 million
7. Julia Roberts -- $10 million-$15 million
8. Drew Barrymore -- $10 million-$12 million
9. Jodie Foster -- $10 million-$12 million
10. Halle Berry -- $10 million

Aniston made her money from TV not movies. I have never seen her on the list of highest paid movie actresses which ET and E! like to tell us every few months.
Again what were the movies that generated the 27 million? And you are missing my point - i don't need to put her down rofl like she knows who i am or like i care cheesy So aside from derailment - what movie did she she do last year that?
Making money is no doubt good - Vin Diesel and Keanu Reeves do that grin

There is a difference between being the highest paid actor and highest paid movie star. Isn't Jerry Seinfield on the list? Aside from Bee Movie, what movie has he done? His fortune came from Seinfield and cookbook whatever. As long as those shows are still running and being bought - he'll still be up there on the list.
BTW where is the link to where you got your info? I seem to be seeing some other list on forbes undecided
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by kadman(m): 11:58am On Jul 26, 2008
Actually you must care about Aniston a lot, You come replying my thread every other minute.

Hmm must i break this down for you again ?
She has 5 films slated for this year/next year,do you think she would be paid the money the day she starts the films ? No,hence the reason she made so much money last year,this is the list of highest paid , It has nothing to do with friends.

These are the links -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7522308.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7522308.stm

The link calling her the 8th best payback star -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25821415/

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/24/forbes.starpayback.ap/index.html

Yet another link calling her the 10th richest female entertainers of all times.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2007-01-19-forbes-women-entertainers_x.htm

http://www.forbes.com/2007/01/17/richest-women-entertainment-tech-media-cz_lg_richwomen07_0118womenstars_slide_4.html?thisSpeed=15000

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Oprah_Is_Richest_Female_Entertainer/3609932

My links are from CNN & BBC based on Forbes ranking which is a whole lot more accurate than E !
Aniston made all the lists,so I still don't see what your point is ?

Except another of your rantings in 5, 4, 3, 2,
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by iice(f): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2008
This is my last post in this thread cheesy cheesy Since i am not supposed to reply because it maybe constituted as 'caring' cheesy. I do no see anything as her being the highest paid - just a high earnings.

Ta Ta cheesy same as the others cheesy
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by kadman(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2008
Then you probably did not read well, Most of the links showed her as the highest paid,but anyway thanks for 'caring' wink
Re: Top Paid Actors & Actresses In Hollywood. by AMUOMON(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2008
WILL SMITH=$80M THAT IS ALL WHAT I KNONW ABOUT HOLLYWOOD,BUT NOLLYWOOD I KNONW ABOUT THEM AND THERE PAYMENT TOO

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nollywood Actress, Chika Ike, Goes Mad! / The Portrayal of Africa/Africans in Hollywood Movies / Game Of Thrones Season 2 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.