Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Origin Of The Igboman - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Origin Of The Igboman (3854 Views)

What Is The Origin Of Clapping/applause And Why Is It So Widespread? / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 2:49am On Jul 24, 2008
The story will normally say that the Igboman came from West Africa to the south of Nigeria.
that isnt enough to say where he originated from.

The Aro-Chukwu long juju also found in Isreal
NRI in Anambara also found on the Cross of Christ in Isreal
Ta nwata kulite nu'ura also spoken in Isreal (with same meaning) by Christ Himself to Tabita Tali takumi
The Igbo karate and temperamental reaction similar to Jesus' active karate at the temple when He caught people selling and buying
how we are hated by the whole world excluding Isreal is similar to how the world (excluding Biafra and US) hates Isreal
How Isreal helped Biafra during the Biafran war

All point to Igboman's link with Isreal not "to Isreal" as people claim we are Isrealis. I think that We were the original owners of Egypt. we probably were the real Egyptians before the Arabs stole the place from us.
remember all the similarities with Isreal might have occured when we took them to slave. Remember Jesus lived in Egypt when He was a Baby and might have learnt our language.

Consider all our other idol worship and that of Egypt of old. our Oha/Ora Anya awu vs the sun worship in Egypt of Old.

Add your idea lets trace our old kingdom please
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by ifyalways(f): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2008
fresh-B:

The Aro-Chukwu long juju also found in Isreal

am intrested in this.Pray,tell me more
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2008
Oh yeah man. That was the first suprise the oyinbos had when they landed in Aro-Chukwu. and remember the Aros began takin and sellin into slave (my apologies) their victims who went to enquire from Abiama. just as they did when they were in Egypt in which time the world (including Rome and Greece) would come to learn the Egyptian mysteries
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Ibime(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
So how come una no sabi build pyramid again?
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2008
we did. now we still do. if read me koolly youd understand i mentioned oha/ora anya'awu. we use the natural trees such as the oha/ora to worship the sun. we stopped buildin the pyramid maybe because our forefatrhers thought that it might be another wasted resources and time as we suffered a huge loss after the Romans and the world looted our pyramid and took them to Rome. Go to Saint Peters in Rome, that thing (pyramid) you see there is ours
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by tpia: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2008
hmmm- anyone following this guy as a result of some misplaced tribal enthusiasm, will only have themselves to blame when he reveals the true nature of his mental ailment.

yes, I'm saying this because I'm an Igbo hater. undecided
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2008
you hate Igbos? you mean you hate the Chosen Ones? since the entire world couldnt, you are on zero over 1000000
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Queenisha: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2008
I hear they found symbols similar to symbols of the ancient Israelite tribe of Naphtali in the Igbo ukwu escavations.
let me see if I find the link
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by toshmann(m): 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2008
there seems to be so much controversy over this israel thing. me, i am igbo. i consider myself igbo. period. i really am not keen on this israel thing at all. i like israel, yes, but i don't want to be claiming another person's race. i'm igbo and proud of it. i love being igbo.

however, something has caught my fancy since i came to the US last month. BabyO may be u can help me out here. . .
i heard about the "igbo landing" have you heard any such story? it was said to be in I803 when igbo slaves from africa chose to commit suicide instead of a life of slavery. they drowned off the coast of south carolina. is it true?

i hear it is being celebrated by some blacks in south carolina. is it true?can you feed me in on this?
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Queenisha: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2008
Yes Toshman,the Ibo landing story is so true.
I hope to visit that place someday.
There's also an Ibo something in Haiti and I heard from a Haitian that their history has it that the Ibo slaves from the Americas were very defiant and fought against their owners before they were shipped off to Haiti
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Queenisha: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2008
Ibime:

So how come una no sabi build pyramid again?

Take a look at these pictures taken in 1935 from the archives of a universityhttp://csweb.bournemouth.ac.uk/africanlegacy/culture.htm

Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by toshmann(m): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
wow, na wa o
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by ifyalways(f): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2008
fresh-B:

Oh yeah man. That was the first suprise the oyinbos had when they landed in Aro-Chukwu. and remember the Aros began takin and sellin into slave (my apologies) their victims who went to enquire from Abiama. just as they did when they were in Egypt in which time the world (including Rome and Greece) would come to learn the Egyptian mysteries
oh yeah gal cheesy
"taa nwata kulie",another hilarious line cheesy
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by freshB2: 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2008
Ya its truelly hilarious but truelly said. I do know that a very high number claim we are Isrealis and i should to think so. but second thought tells me that God foretold that all Hebrew in a foreign land where He scatterd them to will surely make an Aaliyah (thats returin to the Holy Land of YAHWEH. To me the real Isrealites have been returnin from Poland, Germany, Us etc. No Igbo race has made any Aaliyah.

To me those similarities in culture occured during the slave period when the Hebrews lived in Egypt.
I never saw those pyramid posted here before. those were the great work of the Igboman as he did in Egypt.
In Ezekiel 23: 20, God talkin about Oholibah's and Oholah's promiscuous lives refered to the Egyptain's genitals as those of donkeys and whose emission like that of horses.
Please tell me who else could have such huge and hard manhood with such fluid. Remember that both in Nigeria and other parts of the world we are clearly and distinctively known to have such Gift
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Freewilly(f): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ Poster,

Very interesting thread, I guess we the Igbo youth learn new things about our culture they never thought us in school everyday.

@ All the young Igbo girls in America, run and hide because *TOSHMANN* aka woman wrapper is now in America. The guy although nice is a womanizer and will do anything possible to get you under the sheets [ Run and don't look back] tongue tongue grin

@ Queenisha,

I see you don change your name again. Anyways how your body and your oga hope say heat no dey hammer una for there.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Ibime(m): 11:17pm On Jul 24, 2008
Queenisha:

Take a look at these pictures taken in 1935 from the archives of a university

These look like Yam storage houses, not pyramids grin grin grin

They are barely double the size of the woman standing there and they are not in homage to any dead person or God.

There is nothing Egyptian about the Ibo. We were born here and we will die here in West Africa. Firstly, we do not have desert features. We have wide nose and squat broad shoulders. If the Ibo were in Egypt and Egypt was invaded, they would settle in Sudan. Nobody from desert regions comes down to settle in tropical forests. The black people of Egypt are still there in Kush, Sudan. Many people all over the world worship The Sun God aka Nimrod, from Babylon to Iceland to South America, so it is not unique to the Ibo. If you want to look at pyramid structures, the Inca, Aztecs and Mayans have a lot more in common with the ancient Egyptians, even having their own pyramids and worshipping The Sun God as their one and only God.

However, I have a question - why are some Ibo fair skinned?
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by DeepZone: 12:14am On Jul 25, 2008
These look like Yam storage houses, not pyramids Grin Grin Grin

They are barely double the size of the woman standing there and they are not in homage to any dead person or God.

There is nothing Egyptian about the Ibo. We were born here and we will die here in West Africa. Firstly, we do not have desert features. We have wide nose and squat broad shoulders. If the Ibo were in Egypt and Egypt was invaded, they would settle in Sudan. Nobody from desert regions comes down to settle in tropical forests. The black people of Egypt are still there in Kush, Sudan. Many people all over the world worship The Sun God aka Nimrod, from Babylon to Iceland to South America, so it is not unique to the Ibo. If you want to look at pyramid structures, the Inca, Aztecs and Mayans have a lot more in common with the ancient Egyptians, even having their own pyramids and worshipping The Sun God as their one and only God.
Ok

However, I have a question - why are some Ibo fair skinned?

Most of them are fair skinned because they have a questionable genomes. I heard(na rumor) the white slave masters got many of their women pregnant during slave trade and that is why majority of them are fair skinned. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by grafikdon: 2:02am On Jul 25, 2008
DeepZone:

Ok

Most of them are fair skinned because they have a questionable genomes. I heard(na rumor) the white slave masters got many of their women pregnant during slave trade and that is why majority of them are fair skinned. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Say what. . .?

Chineke God of Saudi Arabia!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by toshmann(m): 4:00am On Jul 25, 2008
Freewilly:

@ All the young Igbo girls in America, run and hide because *TOSHMANN* aka woman wrapper is now in America. The guy although nice is a womanizer and will do anything possible to get you under the sheets [ Run and don't look back] tongue tongue grin

my enemies . . sad they have pursued me . . even in america . . . my enemies are widespread cry
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by ifyalways(f): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2008
@Freewilly  shocked shocked shocked shocked kiss
where have u been?
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by tpia: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2008
some say they are fair skinned because of an albino gene. I don't know about that, since there are plenty of (non-Igbo)families with fair skin and green/hazel eyes who have no albinos among them.

Moreover, Tanzania seems to have an unusually high number of albinos in their population, but I don't know what percentage of the population is fair skinned. Even the Indian I know from there, is dark, talkless the blacks themselves.

personally, I'd think its more related to the environment.

@ Fresh B- yes oh. Igbo hater na my title. So take note.  And take your medication. You went to Rome, and they told you the pyramid in St Peter's basilica is from your side?

are you my good friend aba4life?
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by DeepZone: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2008
some say they are fair skinned because of an albino gene. I don't know about that, since there are plenty of (non-Igbo)families with fair skin and green/hazel eyes who have no albinos among them.

Moreover, Tanzania seems to have an unusually high number of albinos in their population, but I don't know what percentage of the population is fair skinned. Even the Indian I know from there, is dark, talkless the blacks themselves.

personally, I'd think its more related to the environment.
fair skin has nothing to do with albino gene. That's just a flawed science and even the environment will not hold because ibos born and bred in Ilesha are very light skinned while most of my people including me a very dark skinned. If environment is the factor, that means those ibos that were born and raised in the west should be considerably dark skinned and those yorubas born and bred in the east suppose dey yellow.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by grafikdon: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2008
DeepZone:

fair skin has nothing to do with albino gene. That's just a flawed science and even the environment will not hold because ibos born and bred in Ilesha are very light skinned while most of my people including me a very dark skinned. If environment is the factor, that means those ibos that were born and raised in the west should be considerably dark skinned and those yorubas born and bred in the east suppose dey yellow.

You're really pushing your 'white man copulation' concept, aren't ya? Let's assume for one drug induced moment that it is true, do you have any idea how many Igbo women that will 'copulate' with oyibo for that to happen? That would be impossible considering the ration of the two back then (Oyibo vs Igbo women) except if the small number of oyibo men have 'wee wee' that can function non stop even when they 'quench' 'on top'. grin

B- t - w that Igbo 'light skinned' thing I believe is another stereotype, just like the black man with the big wee wee. . . if not you, wanna tell me why I see chocolate when I look at my skin? Abi Oga God forgot about me when he was dipping others into the strawberry and orange mixing pot?
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by DeepZone: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2008
You're really pushing your 'white man copulation' concept, aren't ya? Let's assume for one drug induced moment that it is true, do you have any idea how many Igbo women that will 'copulate' with oyibo for that to happen? That would be impossible considering the ration of the two back then (Oyibo vs Igbo women) except if the small number of oyibo men have 'wee wee' that can function non stop even when they 'quench' 'on top'. Grin

B- t - w that Igbo 'light skinned' thing I believe is another stereotype, just like the black man with the big wee wee. . . if not you, want to tell me why I see chocolate when I look at my skin? Abi Oga God forgot about me when he was dipping others into the strawberry and orange mixing pot?
Of course you and I know I wasn't serious about the ibo women and white men copulation. But stereotype or not, about 70% of ibos, ibibios and efiks are light skinned and we want to know why people from that SE/SS area of Nigeria are like that. Are they related? to further push the argument, look at the Itsekiris that are pseudo yorubas and you'll notice that over 80% of them are dark skinned like us even after centuries of emigrating from yorubaland. Why are itsekiris generally looking different among the Delta people?
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Planner(m): 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2008
Of course you and I know I wasn't serious about the ibo women and white men copulation. But stereotype or not, about 70% of ibos, ibibios and efiks are light skinned and we want to know why people from that SE/SS area of Nigeria are like that. Are they related? to further push the argument, look at the Itsekiris that are pseudo yorubas and you'll notice that over 80% of them are dark skinned like us even after centuries of emigrating from yorubaland. Why are itsekiris generally looking different among the Delta people?

I think it is just a happenstance. Just like the mediterianians tend to be darker than the Scandinavians.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by DeepZone: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2008
I think it is just a happenstance. Just like the mediterianians tend to be darker than the Scandinavians.
I still think it's genetic. Does it mean that the genetic composition of an ibo man who is a negro is different from that of a yoruba man who is a fellow negro? God performed wonders in His creation.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by 4Play(m): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2008
Only cretins believe Igbos originate from Israel or Egypt.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by tpia: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2008
DeepZone:

I still think it's genetic. Does it mean that the genetic composition of an ibo man who is a negro is different from that of a yoruba man who is a fellow negro? God performed wonders in His creation.

before I joined nairaland, I never knew Osun indigenes are supposed to be generally dark. I know quite a few of them who are, but to me, its like saying all hausas are dark, when some of them are not. Or like saying all Fulanis are light, when in reality they have both light and dark people, and its hard to tell if the lighter skinned ones outnumber the darker people.

However, since the general consensus here seems to be that Osun people are darker than normal, I'll go with that. They have some dark and sexy males, though.

DeepZone:

By environment, I mean the soil. Some parts of Igboland have reddish earth, which seems peculiar to the area. As a kid, I used to wonder how their yams grew so big in red soil, because the soil in the west (Yorubaland) is dark loam, and I noticed the difference.

Anyway, its just a theory of mine - nothing serious and neither is it set in stone.

@ the white men getting black women pregnant theory: yes, some people along the coast could have some Portuguese, British or Spanish  genes somewhere in their genealogy, but that doesnt quite explain the abundance of light skin. And there are parts of Yorubaland where people tend to have lighter skins as well. Some Nupes are also light. unless we want to attribute the lightness in these places to Arab/tuareg influence from the north.

In any case, light skin coming from a non-black ancestor, tends to fade if the white blood isnt continued. ie its not as pronounced in third and fourth generation, for example, unless the biracial marries a white. Look at Obama's kids- They are neither light nor dark- just medium. So without a direct injection of white blood, the offspring tend not to have the same degree of lightness as their biracial parent. barring native soap of course.

However, if the biracial population is intermarrying steadily, then there's more chance of the light skin popping up all over the place. This doesnt seem to be the case with the light skin we're talking about here. it seems to be occurring naturally among blacks without any obvious white blood, and also seems more common in women, though plenty of men are also light skinned.
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by toshmann(m): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2008
grafikdon:

You're really pushing your 'white man copulation' concept, aren't ya? Let's assume for one drug induced moment that it is true, do you have any idea how many Igbo women that will 'copulate' with oyibo for that to happen? That would be impossible considering the ration of the two back then (Oyibo vs Igbo women) except if the small number of oyibo men have 'wee wee' that can function non stop even when they 'quench' 'on top'. grin

B- t - w that Igbo 'light skinned' thing I believe is another stereotype, just like the black man with the big wee wee. . . if not you, want to tell me why I see chocolate when I look at my skin? Abi Oga God forgot about me when he was dipping others into the strawberry and orange mixing pot?

grafikdon cheesy
abi o, when i look my skin as i black like idi amin grin i come de wonder wether i no be igbo grin grin
abi i be hybrid cheesy
pls there are dark skinned igbos too . . .like me. and the majority of igbos are dark skinned. igbos may have more light skinned people than . . say . . hausas or yorubas . . . but the majority of igbos are dark skinned. i belong to that majority. and i love my skin cheesy

i am handsome cheesy
yes, na me talk am cool
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by 4Play(m): 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2008
@Toshmann

Check your parentage well lipsrsealed
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by Ibime(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2008
Infact, just like I suggested, we all came originally from Sudan. Every single one of us in Nigeria:

If Niger-Congo is a branch of the Nilo-Saharan proto-language, as has been suggested, then it gives credence to the argument that the ancient language differentiation of Africa took place in prehistory in the regions of the Nile-Valley and the Old Sahara grasslands, and not in the vicinity of the Niger-Benue confluence. Since, according to the language studies, Ijo and Dogon branched from the Niger-Congo at a very early stage (5th generation) it demonstrates the relative antiquity of the Ijo and Dogon language groups in time, compared to Yoruba, Igala, Edo and Igbo which formed in the 8th generation. Cultural and language studies of the Ijo and Dogon link them up to the founders of the Ancient Nile Valley Civilisations from about 10,000 BCE. Thus it seems that the language differentiation of Ijo and Dogon from a parent language derived from the Nile-Saharan proto-language, took place in the ancient Sudan in the valley of the Nile from whence the ancestors dispersed to different parts of the African continent. Of course other factors were at play that led to language differentiation, such as the use of specific cultic terminology. What the aforementioned demonstrates is that the ancestors of the Ijos have lived in isolation of the Yoruba, Edo, Igbo and Igala for generations before meeting up again in the vicinity of West Africa (Niger Benue region). If the language differentiation took place in West Africa there would not be a deep time separation between Ijo and the rest of them. Thus the languages were already differentiated before the ancient people met in the Niger/Benue region.

The absence of the anatomical remains of early human beings, and the lack of evidence for stone-age and bronze age cultures in the West Africa region, rules out any claims by a group of people, to be truly autochones or aboriginal to West Africa. All West African peoples migrated to the area at one time or another, from, either North, East
or South Africa, as such, West Africa has been peopled at different times by successive waves of migration from East Africa and North Africa/Sahara region respectively.

Taking the combined evidence of language studies, ancestral tradition, anthropology and archaeology, it is certain that by at least 2000 BCE the West Africa region was being peopled. As to who arrived first is of no consequence as the land-mass is too vast for any one group of people to lay claim to ownership. By 1000 BCE we have the emergence of the Lake Chad civilisation of Daima and the Nok Culture of the Niger/Benue Confluence.

We can also discern a number of ancient peoples who entered the area of the Niger & Benue roughly about the same time. They include the following:

The Ancient ORU People: From language and cultural studies they seem to have been related to the Dogon and the founders of the Great Nile Valley civilisation complex (and possibly the lake Chad complex).

The Ancient KWA People: who seem to have been the founders of the Nok civilisation complex. The ORU and the KWA people belonged to the branch of African people often referred to as Sudanese or Nilotic Negroes.

Lastly the Ancient Bantu: who migrated from East/Central Africa. The ORU people are the proto-ancestors of the Ijos, while the KWA people branched out further to produce[b] the UGBO people (proto-ancestors of the Yoruba, Igbo and Igala) and the EFA people (proto-ancestors of the Edos).[/b] The Bantu and Semi-Batu people were the proto-ancestors of other Nigeria peoples that live side by side with the Major Ethnic nationalities of Southern Nigeria. There were, of course other ancient peoples who were migrating into the West Africa region, but the aforementioned ones serve the purpose of tracing the origins of the Ijos, Yoruba, Edo and Igbo.

These ancient people have been identified thus:

1. The ORU PEOPLE they were mainly an aquatic based culture,
settling the banks of rivers and watersides. They were indigenous
to the Nile Valley and Lake Chad regions before migrating to the
Niger/Benue region in antquity.

2. The UGBO (also known as OOYELAGBO), they were land based. They
were originally indigenous to East Africa, before migrating to
the Niger/Benue region in antiquity.

3. The EFA, they were also land based. The EFA & UGBO descended from
a people once known as the KWA or KWARA people, who inhabited the
Middle Niger region (hence its original name of Kwara river).

4. The BANTU & SEMI BANTU of unknown names, also from east and
central Africa

http://www.ijawdictionary.com/menu/TheIjoGenesis.pdf
Re: The Origin Of The Igboman by toshmann(m): 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2008
@4pay

what else can i expect from a man u fanatic tongue

we are 6 in my family, three are light skinned . . mama, first son and first daughter.
three are dark skinned . . . . papa, 2nd son and 3rd son

toshmann collect dark skin share grin
abi i no be igbo again grin grin grin

(1) (2)

Mysterious Child Who Is Believed To Be A Reincarnated Queen Who Died In 1980 / Africas Got Talent!! / Should Christians Pay Bride Price For Non Virgin Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.