Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Can U Solve Dis? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Can U Solve Dis? (716 Views)

Is There Any Wise Man In The House To Solve Dis? / Solve Dis..... / Logical Problem (can U Solve It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Solve Dis? by Sowhizy(f): 10:34am On Dec 02, 2013
Mr. A, Mr.B, and Mr.C are fighting in a duel.
They each get a gun and take turns shooting at each other until only one person is left.

Mr. A, who hits his shot 1/3 of the time, gets to shoot first.
Mr. B, who hits his shot 2/3 of the time, gets to shoot next, assuming he is still alive.
Mr. C, who hits his shot all the time, shoots next, assuming he is also alive.
The cycle repeats.

If you are Mr. A, where should you shoot first for the highest chance of survival?
Re: Can U Solve Dis? by nedu2000(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2013
He should shoot himself
Re: Can U Solve Dis? by Sowhizy(f): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2013
nedu2000: He should shoot himself

If he shoots himsef den he can't survive
Re: Can U Solve Dis? by nedu2000(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=Sowhizy]

My point is dat with a shot rate of 1/3 I'll purposely not shoot B,so that B shoots C and with C dead I'll promptly kill B ,lolss
Re: Can U Solve Dis? by albacete(m): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Common sense suggests that you shoot C first.

If u miss your shot, and B gets his shot, u will get another chance to shoot B (assuming the probability is with replacement and u are given another 1/3 chance)

If u miss your shot, and B misses his shot too, then u are a goner. But the chances of that happening is almost non-existent.

If u get your shot (@ C), and B misses his shot (@ you) then u get to shoot again (assuming the probability is WITH replacement and u are given another 1/3 chance). Without replacement, u then say your last prayer.

If u get your shot (@ C) and B gets his shot (@ you), then u know wassup... cheesy cheesy

But if there is an option to let your chance slip, why do u think B or C will not let his chance slip too? cool

(1) (Reply)

Strange But True Story!!! / Please Make Me Laff(pmml) / Ofego What Some Guys Pass Through When Choosing Life Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.