Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV (76654 Views)

Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa / Ontv, A New Tv In Lagos. / Tv In The 80's (nta) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by segello58(m): 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
its a good news to subscribers firstly its not going to be business as usual As we will be rolling with lots of interesting channels you ve always loved and new channels you'd love to watch, secondly on the new location Astra 2b 12565, 30000 H, you will be able to access the JOY TV channels free. And the surprising and most interesting news is the consat now named as PLAY TV is merging with FREE TV

‘Free TV’, which is being rolled out in partnership with Nigeria’s National Broadcasting Commission, has the potential to become the biggest free-to-air TV platform in the world, and will eventually be available to over 20 million homes and 150 million individuals. ‘Free TV’ was launched in Jos earlier this year, and launch in Abuja as the second phase of the roll out.

Inview is providing the software and technical capability inside the ‘Free TV’ set top boxes which are the cornerstone of the new service. Inview will also operate the EPG and a range of broadcasting applications such as news, public service information, advertising and video on demand.

Nigeria will be adopting a model based on the UK’s Freeview which means customers will only pay for a subsidised set-top box that will cost in the region of $7 and a TV licence fee of approximately $5 a year, instead of paying a monthly subscription fee. There will also be a pay TV option for an additional cost.

As well as providing consumers with a broader range of high-quality TV, including 30 channels with digital
quality picture and sound, the new digital TV service will help to underpin growth and job creation in the manufacturing, advertising and TV production industries. All the set top boxes and associated technology will be built in Nigeria and the new service is expected to drive demand for locally-produced content.

The adoption of digital TV will also benefit the Nigerian economy, as it will help to drive diversification from oil to the media and communications industry, while providing the Government with the opportunity to sell off c.$1bn of spare spectrum, as digital channels take up much less spectrum than analogue ones.

Among those losing out will be DVD pirates, as ‘Free TV”s channels are encrypted, so money that could have been skimmed off by pirates can go back into Nollywood and Nigeria’s media industry instead (estimated at c.$250m per annum).

Nick Markham, Chairman of Inview, said: “Free TV’ will bring a world of great entertainment to millions of Nigerians and, thanks to the agreement with Inview, it will all be delivered at an affordable price. At Inview, we have been developing expertise in the mass adoption of digital TV for over 15 years which means we have an unrivalled level of technical, commercial and operational expertise that makes us the ideal partner for this sort of project and others that we are working on in territories around the world.”

for more inquiry
you can email, sms or visit us at on shegllon@yahoo.com, 3 Toyin street Ikeja Lagos Nigeria
07066462606/09090001043

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by Tapiya(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2014
You didn't seem to have gone thru the market properly before going into it, what's keeping your competitors in the market is the sports, most especially the premiership, if you want to get thru to use give us some football.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by seunfly: 10:04am On Sep 01, 2014
Tapiya: You didn't seem to have gone thru the market properly before going into it, what's keeping your competitors in the market is the sports, most especially the premiership, if you want to get thru to use give us some football.
You re right my brother, i was hoping this will compete with dstv but without EPL, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, FA CUP and probably la-liga this will not pull crowd and Dstv will still have free ride.

1 Like

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by danizjo: 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
with time i know this will get better but you should have started with more sporting channels because this is just the season.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by wiseass: 7:17am On Nov 05, 2014
What goes tthrough the minds of all these people delving into satellite tv? The channels are so lame ! As seriously mtv india?!! Are u kidding me ? I'd rather buy gotv abeg make I know wetin I dey do in life

3 Likes

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by segello58(m): 10:56am On Mar 30, 2015
welll thank you all for viewing and commenting and I believe that definitely will give us more idea of what our valued customers are expecting from us.
we wouldn't want to put too much stick in the fire at a time.
once we have our customer base and other operations perfect without issues, definitely sports and more new entertainment channels will be added.
in that case we can be successful at a long run without going bankrupt and close business just because we are starting with just sports in view.
thank you all

3 Likes

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 01, 2015
CONSAT---TVC
DAARSAT---AIT
STARTIMES---NTA

Still scrap to me

1 Like

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
Alexpissu:
CONSAT---TVC
DAARSAT---AIT
STARTIMES---NTA

Still scrap to me
Smh
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by segello58(m): 7:41am On Apr 25, 2015
Alexpissu:
CONSAT---TVC
DAARSAT---AIT
STARTIMES---NTA

Still scrap to me

Well what ever is the best to you today started somewhere, and when they started they were no anywhere better compared to the way CONSAT, DAARSAT AND STARTIMES started, and no other foreign satellite company competing and also buying exclusive right like they are doing against upcoming indigenous company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by Atk01(f): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
@segello58, is that 278 KSB world or KBS world? Is it available on the N1000 bouquet?
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by chiejik(f): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2015
please can we get it in Abuja here
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
all I need is KBS2 HD, ABC, n HBO. LOBATAN... I don't mind paying 10k a month for those 3 channels alone. watching dem on iptv is a data killer.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by segello58(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2015
HURRAY! FOXSPORT 1&2 UP ON CONSAT TV..LALIGA COPA DEL REY LIGUE 1 WRESTLING BOXING...AFRICA MOVIE.NET MITV FOX CRIME FOX ENTERTAINMENT FIX N FOX NAT GEO ARE THE LATEST ADDITION ON CONSAT.. ENQ: 09090001043 WHATSAPP:08034738408.HAPPY VIEWING!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by mygee33(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2015
hope this is not another **sat from another country to syphone yours truly's pocket from where DSTV finished
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by Jummymine(f): 12:11pm On May 31, 2015
[quote author=segello58 post=33758522]HURRAY! FOXSPORT 1&2 UP ON CONSAT TV..LALIGA COPA DEL REY LIGUE 1 WRESTLING BOXING...AFRICA MOVIE.NET MITV FOX CRIME FOX ENTERTAINMENT FIX N FOX NAT GEO ARE THE LATEST ADDITION ON CONSAT.. ENQ: 09090001043 WHATSAPP:08034738408.HAPPY
can you list the channels on consat for me.their website seems to be under maintenance.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by Atk01(f): 12:15pm On May 31, 2015
segello58:
HURRAY! FOXSPORT 1&2 UP ON CONSAT TV..LALIGA COPA DEL REY LIGUE 1 WRESTLING BOXING...AFRICA MOVIE.NET MITV FOX CRIME FOX ENTERTAINMENT FIX N FOX NAT GEO ARE THE LATEST ADDITION ON CONSAT.. ENQ: 09090001043 WHATSAPP:08034738408.HAPPY VIEWING!!!
Can you list the various bouquets, and the channels in each of them?
Thanks.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by dsquare33: 10:39am On Jun 02, 2015
Where is your office at Ibadan.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by litaninja(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
Not everyone is interested in sports, and not everyone interested in sports is interested in soccer. Basketball, Motor-Sports, Extreme Sports channels are missing in action here. Also, Movie and Tech Documentary channels seem lacking. Till then, na IPtv yo...
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by ecoheight: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
How can someone host or start a new channel on Consat
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by nyrol(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Consat will win so many people over from dstv if they can bring on EPL and Champions league on board. For me its consat all the way nothing more

2 Likes

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by georgee(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
segello58:
I am thinking of buying CONSAT. I noticed no channels for kids. I have a 3yr old son who watches Nick Jnr, JIM JAM , Boomerang and Disney on DSTV. What channels do u av on consat that can make my son happy and educated? Me am a football fanatic, I am dropping DSTV ds month. I know Consat doesnt have EPL right yet, buh from we can hear, they will bid for 2016/2017 season for EPL. I will be visiting veiwing centres to watch my darling chelsea every weekend. Help wit website for consat also
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by olumide4christ: 11:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
georgee:

I am thinking of buying CONSAT. I noticed no channels for kids. I have a 3yr old son who watches Nick Jnr, JIM JAM , Boomerang and Disney on DSTV. What channels do u av on consat that can make my son happy and educated? Me am a football fanatic, I am dropping DSTV ds month. I know Consat doesnt have EPL right yet, buh from we can hear, they will bid for 2016/2017 season for EPL. I will be visiting veiwing centres to watch my darling chelsea every weekend. Help wit website for consat also

Why don't you try Startimes or Starsat? I was previously on DSTV Compact plus bouquet for 4 years up till 6th of July this year when I ported to Starsat Super Bouquet (the highest bouquet) for just N3600. They dont have EPL/LA LIGA, but have Bundesliga, at least 5 sports channels, [b]many channels for children (Nickolodeon, JIMJAM, POP, Baby Tv, Smile of a Child, Da Vinci Learning, etc; [/b][b][b][/b][/b]many documentary channels - Nat Geo Gold, Viasat Nature, History, Explore, Crime; many movie channels - ST Movies 1 & 2, Fox, Fox crime, Fox Fx; at least 4 Indian channels including Zee Cinema, Bollywood Tv... so many more.. at least the Super bouquet has like 100 channels. I have access to so much more channels on Starsat than on DSTV Compact Plus. Even Fox was put on DSTV Premium, not Compact Plus.. can you imagine that??

I think Starsat or Startimes is better for now if you aren't crazy about EPL/LA LIGA!

1 Like

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by matt4real(m): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
There's nothing DsTV offer Nigerians that other PayTV doesn't except football. As a result, they have taken advantage of our love for football by inconsiderately increasing the monthly subscription on their bouquet. They didn't stop there, they even went as far as to force the hands of Nigerians to pay for the premium bouquet by rendering other bouquet irrelevant including the compact plus. Unlike before, on compact plus, you get to see most of the football matches including EPL but it is not so anymore. Only few selected games are on compact plus which has SS3.

I haven't subscribed and I have decided not to subscribe on any of the DsTV bouquet until they bit down their subscription to a considerable fee. I have told my friends and those around me to do the same. A season or two without football/DsTV will not harm, it will only make DsTV realize that Nigerians have the final say and no company/organization is stronger than the people. Dstv need Nigerians more than we need them because there are always alternatives to get what they offer us and there won't be a Dstv without the people.

Please join this course and support it by convincing the people you know and tell them to also convince the people they also know not to pay their Dstv subscription. We can make this sacrifice now and make things better.

For those thinking and asking themselves, how can I cope without football? I can't do without football... There are other alternatives to watch football which are more economical and cheaper than subscribing on dstv. You can watch live football matches and other live sporting events through online streaming.

Let us do this Nigerians.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by georgee(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
olumide4christ:

Why don't you try Startimes or Starsat? I was previously on DSTV Compact plus bouquet for 4 years up till 6th of July this year when I ported to Starsat Super Bouquet (the highest bouquet) for just N3600. They dont have EPL/LA LIGA, but have Bundesliga, at least 5 sports channels, [b]many channels for children (Nickolodeon, JIMJAM, POP, Baby Tv, Smile of a Child, Da Vinci Learning, etc; [/b][b][b][/b][/b]many documentary channels - Nat Geo Gold, Viasat Nature, History, Explore, Crime; many movie channels - ST Movies 1 & 2, Fox, Fox crime, Fox Fx; at least 4 Indian channels including Zee Cinema, Bollywood Tv... so many more.. at least the Super bouquet has like 100 channels. I have access to so much more channels on Starsat than on DSTV Compact Plus. Even Fox was put on DSTV Premium, not Compact Plus.. can you imagine that??
I think Starsat or Startimes is better for now if you aren't crazy about EPL/LA LIGA!
Thnx..Is Starsat different from startimes?

1 Like

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by exactly77(m): 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
Alexpissu:
CONSAT---TVC
DAARSAT---AIT
STARTIMES---NTA

Still scrap to me

Go start ya own.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by engrfaruq(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
How do I make paymentCONSAT.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by segello58(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
engrfaruq:
How do I make paymentCONSAT.

that is very simple

easy way to make payment from anywhere you can access the bank

use your name/card number/c N4000 for classic s N1000 for style banquet your account will be credited immediately we receive the alert eg

barrack obama/206812345654/c
You will get payment message if you include your phone number

ACCOUNT NUMBERS

BANK NAME A/C NUMBER
FIDELITY OLUSEGUN OLUWOLE 6010964894

GTB OLUSEGUN OLUWOLE 0002704468

STERLING SHEGLLON COMM SERV 0026443509

ECOBANK OLUSEGUN OLUWOLE 3311110236

1 Like

Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by josea4577(m): 7:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Please, how do I get your decoder and what is the price, I will do installations myself.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by DejiofGod: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2016
Pls Any body in the house that has use IPtv? How does it work? And pls what is the cost implication?
I will appreciate your swift response.
Re: CONSAT SATELITE IS REBRANDING TO PLAY TV, IN COLABORATION WITH FREE TV by segello58(m): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
consat is back on air now

(1) (Reply)

Ozo Touches Nengi's Backside As Housemates Spend Time In Jacuzzi / Alhaji's Snake Entered Polytechnic Runs Girl's Vagina In Glamour Girl (Throwback / Erica And Kiddwaya Party Together. Kiki Osinbajo Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.