Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

After Her Heart - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / After Her Heart (1860 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Her Heart by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
This is my first official story.I have been scribbling down things since i was eight;things only I could understand though grin.So take it easy when criticizing this work.Constructive criticism and appraisal will be highly welcome.Feel free to air your views as regard to my writing style.

RIGHTS RESERVED:-No part of this story may be reproduced,stored or transmitted in any form without the prior permission of the author,neither will it be circulated in any form or style other than that used by the author.

Note:-The plot and characters employed in this story are purely a figment of the author's creative imagination.The story is simply a true life fiction and any resemblance whatsoever to persons or events living or dead are surely coincidental.
**********************************************************************************************************
EPISODE ONE
The streets of Ikeja were as busy as usual filled with people from different walks of life,people rushing to get buses to their places of work,heavy traffic,vendors selling their wares,conductors clamoring for passengers.The Abule Onigbagbo bustop was noted for its heavy influx as it was close to the kingway stores and the Ikeja shopping mall.It was in this traffic conjestion that a newspaper headline carried by one of the vendors caught Adaora's attention.It read "CHIKE ONUORAH HAS A LOVE CHILD WITH MISTRESS"

Chike Onuorah is the only son of Chief Marcus Onuorah,the C.E.O Marcus group of companies,an enterprise known all over Nigeria as one of the leading enterprises in terms of money.Chike was born when all hope of having a baby was lost in the thirteen year old marriage.His father gave him the best of things and even insisted on sending him abroad for his education.Chike after his high school decided it was better for him to come home to Nigeria for further studies in order to get acquainted with the culture of his people.At first glance,he would seem to an observer the most handsome young man in Nigeria.He is lanky,has messy black hair,deep blue eyes and 6'2'' tall.His cheeks are curved like a finely carved Michelangelo statue,his nose perfectly symmetrical,his lips slightly full;the kind that end in a cute little smirk at the corners.He was the dream of every girl;rich,intelligent and handsome.

Chike is a first class graduate of business administration of the University of Lagos where he did his degree programme.One admirable thing about him is that despite the wealth amassed by his family was humble contrary to many people's opinion.He was never a player,infact he was the rich nerd who never dated or courted any lady in school.Most people misunderstood this for him not being straight.But people close to him knew he was not gay but that was the path he has chosen in order to stay focused.During his days in the university,he ran for the students union presidency and won because the students believed in his team spirit and ability to deliver.He was also various time faculty and department president.His leadership ability was in born.
***************************************************************************************************
-OUTSIDE IKEJA MALL
11:04am

Raindrops shine and glitter as they fall down.They drip onto the ground forming small puddle here and there.Traces of rain lingers of the leaves of flowers and trees.It was raining heavily at Ikeja that morning.The air full of moisture felt heavy to breathe.Adaora,a tall and dark lady in a pretty dress with her hair rolled up in the popular doughnut style was relaxing in her car parked infront of the mall to stop.Tapping her well manicure hands on the steering wheel melodiously in resonance with the newly released 'skelewu' by Davido drifted into oblivion.

A gentle knock on windscreen woke her up.She opened her eyes and so a tall lanky fellow obviously rich from the way he dresses.She wined down her glass and lowered the music.She looked at her wrist watch,it was exactly one hour since she was there.It was still raining.
"Hello" she said to the man standing by her window with an umbrella.
"Hello,I have been watching you sitting here for long waiting for the rain to stop","I have an umbrella that could protect us both from the rain to get into the mall if you are interested" he replied with a sense of authority in his tone.
Adaora heaved a sigh of relief mumuring inaudible sounds as she alighted from her car to join him.Both headed into the mall together.When they got inside,he dropped his umbrella picked up a cart and proceed to begin shopping when she called his attention.
"Excuse me,can I atleast know your name?"
"Oh,forgive my manners,am Chike and you?"
"Adaora,thanks for helping me earlier"she replied.
Chike acknowledged and both proceeded to do their shopping.

TO BE CONTINUED LATER.FORGIVE MY SHORT UPDATE,WILL TRY TO MAKE MY NEXT ONE LONG.DROP YOUR COMMENTS AS IT WILL INSPIRE ME TO WRITE grin grin grin grin
Re: After Her Heart by Oyenibi: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
am currently following u nt bad keep it up, just dont let me wait 4 update
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yeah!!!I won't disappoint you..Tnx :DYeah!!!I won't disappoint you..Tnx
Re: After Her Heart by bquin2all(f): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
#grabs a drink...Rushes to front row...Sees 1st n 2nd seat has bin taken...Throws drink in anger n seats grudging on the 3rd#
Was finkin I'll b the first to follow but network don spoil my show.
Nice story yhu gat coming.
Followin yhu ALL THE WAY
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
bquin2all,take it easy,u can see from all sides of the theatre.*Picks drink and gives back to him.Hopefully I will update a long post tomorrow but to get the story firsthand U can chk my blog from 1 a.m.Thanks
Re: After Her Heart by tijehi(f): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
will follow to the end. Please be consistent with updates o, abeg. I don't want to read for one year. I am not preparing for WAEC neither am I interested in any Tinsel-like story.shaaa try your best. Beautiful intro
Re: After Her Heart by tijehi(f): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
What's you blog's addy?
Re: After Her Heart by tijehi(f): 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
What's your blog's addy?
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
EPISODE TWO
He looked again at the mirror,adjusted his tie,smoothened his shirt's collar and brushed his hair.Satisfied by what he saw,he smiled to himself.He was on a body-fit blue window pane shirt,a cute knotted red tie of gleaming silk brocades,a leather knit trousers with a matching black suede shoe.He picked his car key and briefcase and hurried out of the room.He lived in a big house,the kind in which most people dreamt of growing up.Secluded among trees on Victoria Island,it had balconies,a screened-in front porch,a free-standing garage and a pool.It was one of the houses his father gave him after graduating from school.

Few minutes later,he arrived at his office in Ikoyi.He immersed himself in the work load on his table.Chike has always been hardworking,a virtue which made his father resign and left the running of his business empire to him after he graduated.Jay-z's Forever young which he used as his ringtone lifted his attention from his work few hours later.He picked his cellphone and checked his caller's ID.It was an unfamiliar number.He dropped the phone.On the second ring,he decided to pick up.
"Hello" he said
"Hey,Chyco What's up" replied the voice with a cute british accent from the other end.
"Tony man,Is that you?Are you back in the country?" he replied as he picked up the papers spurning out of the printer.
"Yea,I flew in yesterday.I was actually calling to inform you of a little party that will be taking place at my house this weekend in honour of my return" replied Tony
"Yea man,that's good.You know the guys need to update you on certain things you 've missed out in" said Chike.
"You know what's on my mind.There is a lot of catching up to do.See you then"
"Yes bro,missed you.Will be there"Chike said as he dropped the call.
His secetary entered immediately he dropped the call.A very fair fair lasy with curves that could make you turn twice to look at her.But all those endownments didn't stirr Chike for a second.The secetary having failed in all attempts to get his attention resigned to fate.
"Helen,what can I do for you?"Chike queried in a calm melodic voice.That voice that makes butterflies jump in the tummys of ladies.
"Sir,the new marketing manager needs your signature on these papers to proceed in sealing off the deal with the Excon Motor Parts Industry" she replied.
"Okay,drop the file and return in the next thirty minutes to pick them.Tell my P.A to see me on your way out" he replied in a tone that exudes authority.
Adaora seated in her sitting room was lost in thoughts.The room was furnished in a way that could make you want to stay on earth forever.The walls were painted cream,with paintings adorning the walls.The room was tiled and has a perusian rug to embellish it.Adaora found herself doing what she has sworn not to do:thinking about a man especially after the incidence with Richmond.A guy she spent almost all her lifevsavings on in order to send abroad for his Masters.He ditched her on completion of the programme.She had been having dreams of Chike since their encounter in Ikeja mall.She had dismissed it at first as a mere dream but after repeating itself for more than two weeks consecutively.She knew ther was more to what the eye can see.
"Arggh,what is happening to me?am I falling for yet another guy?" she mumurmed under her breath,At that thought of that her face turned red in anger.She decided to visit her friend,Angela at Maryland and tell her what was disturbing her.
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
@tijehi.The address is http://www.bookelites.
Re: After Her Heart by bquin2all(f): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2013
"Arggh,what is happening to me?am I falling
for yet another guy?" she mumurmed under
her breath,

See love o!!!
Re: After Her Heart by noble4d(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2013
hmmmm....honestly,the narrative technique u implored is complex on da surface.is it third person omniscient or third person point of view?....well I love da story
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
noble4d: hmmmm....honestly,the narrative technique u implored is complex on da surface.is it third person omniscient or third person point of view?....well I love da story
Pls i don't know what a third person omniscent or point of view..Can u pls explain so i can make necessary adjusments where possible..Tnx
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
bquin2all: "Arggh,what is happening to me?am I falling
for yet another guy?" she mumurmed under
her breath,

See love o!!!
lol the story is just beginning..keep following
Re: After Her Heart by oruchechuks(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
hmmmmm make I quickly go pik my younger broda from skul before I settle down read dz story ....#grabs car key
Re: After Her Heart by noble4d(m): 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
third person point of view: the narrative are reported by a seemingly neutral,impersonal observer.e.g using he,she,they

third person omniscient: an all knowing narrator not only reports the facts but may also interpret events and relate the thought and feelings of any character.

third person limited: a narrator reports the facts and interpret events from the perspective of a single character.

example of first person point of view: check my write up. (secret of love)
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
noble4d: third person point of view: the narrative are reported by a seemingly neutral,impersonal observer.e.g using he,she,they

third person omniscient: an all knowing narrator not only reports the facts but may also interpret events and relate the thought and feelings of any character.

third person limited: a narrator reports the facts and interpret events from the perspective of a single character.

example of first person point of view: check my write up. (secret of love)
Thanks for the explanation.I think am using the the third person point of view and the third person omniscent.Hope to get more corrections from u as the story progresses....Hopefully I will update by evening

1 Like

Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
oruchechuks: hmmmmm make I quickly go pik my younger broda from skul before I settle down read dz story ....#grabs car key
@ chuks,be fast oo..before the theatre fills up
Re: After Her Heart by oruchechuks(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
yeah!!! just finished reading d story, I'll follow dz to d end. #piks seat on the third colomn and places bag on d next seat. abeg make nobody sitdown hear ooo, I dy reserve am for princesa, she go buy ugwu!
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
EPISODE THREE
The journey to Angela's house was hitch-free.It was a duplex located in that part of Maryland reserved for the people who controlled the dough.She knocked and the house maid ushered him in.
"Good afternoon,Aunty Ada.Madam no dey house",she greeted and chipped in without being asked.
"How are you,Ibinabo?Where did my friend go to?"Adaora replied.
"Am fine ma,she commot now,say she dey go buy something for shop wey dey down the road" she replied in her pidgin English.
"Okay I will wait for her in the living room then"Adaora replied
''Okay ma,make i dey go back to what am doing" Ibinabo said and left to continue with the chores.
A few minutes after she relaxed in the room and was watching the music showing in MTV Base on the television,Tony came downstairs to pick his car keys and go visit his friends at Apapa.
"Hey beautiful,what's up?"he asked in a beautiful british accent.
"Oh hello,am waiting for my friend,Angela" she replied in a perplexed voice.
"Okay,am Angela's older brother,Anthony" he replied.She loved the way he said his names in full unlike most people who would say their names in shortened forms as if their tongues will be bitten off he they said it in full.
"Am Adaora" she replied in an angelic voice that caused goose pimples to him
"Meanwhile,what would you like to take while we wait for my sister" he queried just to keep the conversation going between them.
"Just water" she replied.
"Com'on noway you are taking water in my house when my bar is stocked with all kinds of exotic drinks" he replied with pride.
Adaora blushed and requested for anything soft which was provided.And while they were chatting,Angela came back.She apologised for keeping her waiting and told her there was an emergency she needed to attend to at her office.Anthony offered to drive them outvsince their desrinations is enroute his.Angela alighted at the nearest bus stop to get a bus that will take her down to Oshodi where her office was located.

Left alone with Adaora,he decided to strike a conversation between them once more.
"What do you do for a living and what's your daily schedule like?" he asked
"I save lives and I do that on daily basis when duty calls" she replied.
"You mean you are a medical doctor.I always have this feeling that doctors are old and fragile looking men and women.You know the normal kid's fantasy.Seeing you has changed that notion.Am impressed" he replied with a 'wow' look on his face.
"You are so funny.I will take that as a compliment,you naughty head.So you,where do you work?" she replied.
"Well,I just came back from Canada where I was sent for a 3-year training course.Am a civil engineer with the Rochella Construction Company" he replied.
"So,that is where the funny accent comes from?Anyway that's impressive" she replied.
"Well,am british by birth.My mom is from 'Tennesse,USA.I came back to Nigeria after collegecto get to know my roots well"he replied.
"Oh!So am with an Onyibo self.Am honoured" she replied with sacarsm in her voice.
"Hehehehehe,funny girl.Actually,am having a party at my house by weekend to celebrate my return with my friends and family.So am inviting you" he replied.
"Oh!the one Angie talked about.I already told her I will be busy on that day.Thanks for inviting me anyway" she politely turned down the invitation.
"Oh God,am asking you this as a favour,pleaseeeeee" he pleaded.
"Okay,i will try as much as possible to be there.Are you okay now?" she replied.
"Of course,I am.Thanks and I owe you one" he replied happily.
He dropped her off later and continued with his journey.
Tony's house
Sunday 8pm

Adaora watched from the corner of her eyes the good looking young man in a perfectly tailored grey suit with an expensive Italian shoes matching his outfit.He reeked of perfection.She wondered who he came with,probably a beautiful and gracious lady who would pass for a beauty queen.She turned jealous at the thought.She guessed he was handsome as well as she couldn't see his face which was hidden under the dim light where he stood.

She was still thinking when Tony came and touched her.He took her and introduced her to some of his friends and business associates.He told her to make herself comfortable while he attends to other guests.People were dancing to "Don't take the girl" by Mcgraw.She was enjoying this view when she was touched by someone.She looked up to see the guy on grey suit who turned out to be Chike.
"Hey pretty lady,what's up?You disappeared on me the last time we met" he said in that voice that made butterflies arise in adaora's stomach.
"Says thecman with a Ph.D in disappearance" she replied with sacarsm in her voice.
"Com'on,I was only joking.Actually I was in a hurry that day that we didn't get to talk about much" he replied.
Before she could reply,he held her by the waist,drew her to meet him halfway,held her face with the free hand while staring deep into her eyes.He said in a low tone "dance with me" as he led her to the dance floor.At first,she was reluctant but the lyrics of Aerosmith's I don't wanna miss a thing that filled the air drowned her instincts and she danced away completely throwing cautions to the winds.
Re: After Her Heart by tijehi(f): 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Maryland and Mushin?
Re: After Her Heart by bquin2all(f): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
whizbrain: EPISODE THREE
The journey to Angela's house was hitch-free.It was a duplex located in that part of Mushin reserved for the people who controlled the dough.She knocked and the house maid ushered him in.
"Good afternoon,Aunty Ada.Madam no dey house",she greeted and chipped in without being asked.
"How are you,Ibinabo?Where did my friend go to?"Adaora replied.
"Am fine ma,she commot now,say she dey go buy something for shop wey dey down the road" she replied in her pidgin English.
"Okay I will wait for her in the living room then"Adaora replied
''Okay ma,make i dey go back to what am doing" Ibinabo said and left to continue with the chores.
A few minutes after she relaxed in the room and was watching the music showing in MTV Base on the television,Tony came downstairs to pick his car keys and go visit his friends at Apapa..
"Hey beautiful,what's up?"he asked in a beautiful british accent

Z D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ all
E small na!!!
Bia Whizbrain...Remember I amu seated emm on de frnt row.
Ama burst dis screen if ah dnt get an update SHARPALY
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
bquin2all:

Z D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ all
E small na!!!
sorry my system submitted before I could finish typing.Modified ,read joyfully grin
bquin2all:

Z D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ all
E small na!!!
sorry my system submitted before I could finish typing.Modified ,read joyfully
Re: After Her Heart by bquin2all(f): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
O sotoh (datz Chinese meaning ITZ OKAY)
Nw ah gat ma update...
Intriguing
Re: After Her Heart by tijehi(f): 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
Na wa o. Please come and update naa. The story is too new to keep us waiting.
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 09, 2013
I need comments.They re my motivations.Sorry I will update soon shaa...Been busy for the past days
Re: After Her Heart by oruchechuks(m): 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
waiting patiently while chewing my chewing stick
Re: After Her Heart by tijehi(f): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Maybe if u put up more post it will attract a large (commenting) base.
Re: After Her Heart by tijehi(f): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Maybe if u put up more post it will attract a large fan (commenting) base.
Re: After Her Heart by bquin2all(f): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bia!!!
WhizBrain...
Wat z av happen na
♍Ε̲̣̣̣̥ z av bin expectin emm upudate since...
Biko where @ thou?
Re: After Her Heart by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
The Apology

Hello readers,

This is to apologise for my absence for some weeks now.It's just that I have been busy with school works and others.Ah promise to release 3 long updates whenever am gona update.Kindly visit my blog and read up the musings there while waiting.

Yours,
Whizbrain
Re: After Her Heart by D9ty7(m): 8:24am On Dec 17, 2013
Following

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Player And The Cele Girl (short story) / My Life In Hilton High School / A Fiction: Sex Village (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.