Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Osho And The Widow. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Osho And The Widow. (1435 Views)

Black Widow (prologue) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
This is a figment of my ever wandering , 'busy body' imagination.
Nothing in this write up ever took place. Any resemblance to real life characters or places is entirely coincidental, Or 'you're seeing things'.
And please do not copy the content of this work without my express permission.
This is dedicated to my family. Mum especially. And then princesa, my E-crush.

1 Like

Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Critisms and comments are very welcome.
------------------------------------------------------------

Osho the governor of benin state, had been terribly angry that morning. 'how dare they potray me, in that light to the public?" he asked his special advicer on media, Mr onome yerima. They were in one of the numerous living rooms of 'white house'. The official residence of the governor of benin state.
Mr Onome just stared critically at his principal, in deep thought. "i could arrange a press conference to debunk the claims" mr onome offered. Governor Osho didn't blink. He seemed to be in deep thought, yet he appeared to be observing the haphazard loopings around the golden jar which was on the center table before him. Suddenly, he banged on the table, startling Mr onome. " i detest the press!!! It's already tough for me to govern this state, without those microphone/device-totting people tracking my every move and misinforming the public!!" osho lamented. "if i go see president, e mean say i wan join im party?" he rhetorized in 'pidgin' engish.
"Sir" Mr onome said in a pacifying tone. "that's the press for you. they make mountains out of mole-hills, and call it professional journalism."
perhaps in reply, osho said,
"that's why i'm skeptical about the news making rounds, that 'Babyface' wife, in an open letter, claimed she's in bondage, and that her freedom of movement was been abused."
Mr onome wondered when the Governor would change his habit of referencing other people's problems when his' was so in dire need of solution.
"old habits never change" he thought.
Governor osho at 58 was looking much older than his age of recent.
He was facing a lot of challenges, and the only person he knew how to share his problems with, had gone to the great beyond.
His most-cherished wife had died of cancer 2 years ago, just when he- by a judicial declaration of the highest order - reclaimed his mandate as the Governor Elect.

"you must reclaim it!" she had declared weakly on her sick bed, when he (osho) suggested that he declined his party leadership's desperate insistence that they 'go to court' over the obvious massive rigging and inconsistencies of the 'guber' general elections by the incumbent.

"i want to spend more time with you here in the hospital" he wept.
"you're worth much more than the governorship position to me or any other position for that matter, i have to abandon them(his party) so i can have more time for you, it's already bad that right now, i can't afford to send you abroad for..."

"shhh" sarah hushed him. "my osho..." she whispered weakly as she brushed his chin with her left fore-fingers. he grabbed her fore-fingers with both hands and kissed it smiling affectionately.
"my osho" she continued "isn't one to easily give up on anything!" she declared on a note of finality. "you must reclaim your mandate."

On the day, he was declared the Legitimate Governor Elect of benin state by the supreme court. he received a call from doctor chidi lloyd.
His words were, "congrats sir on your victory. I'm ashamed to bring you this bad news now of all times, but..." he hit the maze on the head - "aunty sarah is in critical condition. And your presence here might..."
Osho hanged up and with the speed of "jaguar paw" in "apocalypto" he ran towards his sunny nissan station wagon at the parking lot of the supreme court premises.
His party members , and supporters happily joined the race singing songs of solidarity. they obviously were thinking he was drunk on the euphoria of victory.

1 Like

Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Afeez, Osho's bodyguard overtook him just few steps away from the car.
A nervous osho confronted him with his gaze.
"erm..s.. sir is anything the problem, are you going somewhere?" he asked osho.

"i need to catch the next available flight back to 'miniben'(the capital city of benin state)!" osho declared.
The body guard who also doubled as osho's personal assistant,
proceeded to observe sketchy bits of protocols, and even when the party chairman tried to dissuade him, it was a vain effort.

Osho had specifically and strictly instructed doctor chidi to call him, if things got close to getting out of hand , and now osho was apprehensive as he approached the ward, having been delayed a little bit at the airport by cheering supporters who had come in there numbers to give him a heroic welcome.
He or his men also managed to disperse the pressmen who pointed their recording devices at his face, with one of them, a female - humourously - saying "your life or your comment sir?" to which everyone laughed.

Finally he was a few steps away from beautiful sarah.
Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sarah's mum, Mrs osewa, a few other relatives, two nurses and doctor chidi were present at sarah's ward when osho arrived, when sarah sighted osho, sarah laughed heartily, and hailed "heyyyy!! congratulations to osho 'mi'!! my Governor!! U!!! P!!! C!!! Power to the masses..."
she said all this so energetically and in seconds. for a moment, osho was overwhelmed. He ran with the speed of lightning and hugged sarah weeping and grinning at the same time.
Excluding osho and his entourage of 4 young men in suits , every other person in the ward were suprised "but, she had been barely conscious a few minutes ago" was the idea occuring in their minds.
For osho, he felt estatic. From the way doctor chidi sounded on phone nearly 3hours ago, he had thought she was in a state of coma, he was glad it was only a prank.

Through years of practice Dr chidi could observe that she was motionless, other had begun to notice too.
Osho must have been too overcome by joy, to have noticed that sarah had gone lifeless and cold.
When he said "i love you so much" and didn't recieve the trademark "i love you so much more" reply, it dawned on him, albeit gradually, that sarah was not conscious.
Infact she had been dead 15 seconds ago.
she had faced death with a smile on her face, but even if death defeated, his victory wasn't worth so much any longer since his victim died with a smile on her face and in the arms of her beloved.

Sarah Abel died at 47. She died of breast cancer.
Osho wept and wept and wouldn't be consoled over the demise of his beloved. Mrs osewa was on the floor weeping, she was muttering incoherently to herself as she wept, no one heard or understood fully ,her mumblings. No one Except three pressmen whom by means known only to them, gained entry into the ward.

The following morning, the most apealing headline - appealing because of the superstituous inclination of africans- was "MRS OSEWA, ACCUSES OSHO OF EXCHANGING HER DAUGHTER'S LIFE FOR THE POSITION OF GOVERNOR".
And of course, it was in bold prints.
Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mynd44: 4:30am On Dec 03, 2013
E-crush? Chai
Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 6:35am On Dec 03, 2013
Mynd_44: E-crush? Chai
lol, yes o. Welcome to my thread sir. Pls take a seat in the v.i.p section and enjoy yourself.
Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2013
After the Controvertial headlines and the damage it caused, mrs osewa was prevailed upon by her kins people to deny ever making such allegations and she reluctantly did.
That incident became osho's first real bad impression of the press/media. 6years ago he elicited an outstanding public and media perception, as a labour movement hero, one who campaigned against The Government for their insensitivity to the plights of the masses.
Then he was the Leader of the nation's flagship labour union, Palaver Labour congress (PLC), a thorn in the Government's flesh, one who was more often in jail than out of it at that time. He was the people's "like nelson mandela."

Then Sarah was the unflappable Wife who believed her husband to be capable of handling the crisis, and who had come to accept that osho was not only her's but also a loved one of the people, and she could accept that just as he owed a responsibility to her and their children, he also owed a responsibility to the masses.
Mrs osewa's despise for osho had developed during those times, when she reasoned that he was denying her beautiful daughter a chance to enjoy her marriage, having stolen her(sarah) from more handsome, wealthy suitors who came around to seek her hand in marriage. She hated him the more when there was confirmation of the rumours that he turned down an 80million cedis bribe offer from the federal government.
A single percent of that sum was sure to provide a comfortable apartment with two automobiles in the garage and a remaining sum for a light business investment.

Sarah was proud of her man's integrity. To her, osho was already very wealthy.
"Material things shouldn't always be the standard for measuring wealth." her late beloved father always said.
Once, when osho was arrested - as the federal government were resorting to increasingly undemocratic and somewhat tyranic means to keep osho and his comments in check in a democracy - sarah went to the market to buy foodstuffs to prepare something for osho. A seller, a petite woman on white attire, Upon been informed by her neighbour that the madam standing before her, was osho's wife, Virtually refused to accept payment for the supposed exchange.
She kept on praising and praying for osho and his family.
"no worry you hear" she said. "we market women go continue to dey protest untill them release baba osho from prism" the illiterate market woman assured, with pure admiration in her eyes, just as other sellers and buyers around acknowledged sarah with smiles of appreciation on their faces.

Sarah was overwhelmed. speechless, wasn't a position for sarah but there just weren't enough words to express her gratitude, and the people understood.
The petite woman who declined payment was in her late 40's, but she looked older. now she beckoned on a wheelbarrow weilding youth who was a relative of hers to help transport the polethene packages in sarah's hand to the taxi park.

To sarah, this was real wealth, this was what money in all its glory couldn't purchase.
Just as sarah was leaving amidst goodbye salutes from the woman , she felt sorry for the kind, petite madam on all-white attire. She wondered whom she was mourning, and hoped it wasn't her husband.
The petite widow waved at sarah with admiration in her eyes.
Fate would later bring her to meet the Osho's once again in her lifetime.
Re: Osho And The Widow. by princesa(f): 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mr shroud:
This is a figment of my ever wandering , 'busy body' imagination.
Nothing in this write up ever took place. Any resemblance to real life characters or places is entirely coincidental, Or 'you're seeing things'.
And please do not copy the content of this work without my express permission.
This is dedicated to my family. Mum especially. And then princesa, my E-crush.

oh my jingles pringles!cheesy thanks for the dedication, Neva mind haters, i dey ur back gidigba grin

@story
you say resemblance to real life characters is coincidental or that am seeing things? Okay oh lip sealed lipsrsealed
Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
princesa:

oh my jingles pringles!cheesy thanks for the dedication, Neva mind haters, i dey ur back gidigba grin

@story
you say resemblance to real life characters is coincidental or that am seeing things? Okay oh lip sealed lipsrsealed
heyy, u're here!! Just know, you're very welcome. Pls sit down.

1 Like

Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
Connecting... Processing... Counting down...
Re: Osho And The Widow. by Mrshroud: 1:49am On Dec 04, 2013
Having written a lot, i Dosed off while thinking of ideas to add and possible modifications to make.
Mum just came, logged me out and switched off my phone.
Now, my write-up's All done gone!! Damn ! I'm starting over again.

(1) (Reply)

42 Old English You Never Get To Know Before / The Gambler Of Legend (T.G.L) / 2007 Commonwealth Short Story Competition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.