Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. (1243 Views)

Woman Bathes Husband With Hot Water Over Breakfast / Wife Bathes Husband With Hot Water For Sleeping With Her Mother (Graphic Pics) / Super Woman: Housewife Disarms Robbers With Hot Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 03, 2013
A woman, identified simply as Mrs. Maxwell, has
been arrested by the police for allegedly
assaulting her daughter, Blessing, with a hot
pressing iron.
Blessing, a primary three student of the Lagos
Model Nursery and Primary School, Ikeja GRA,
was allegedly assaulted last Monday by her
mother for licking the baby’s food.
PUNCH Metro gathered that the incident came to
light after a neighbour, who lived within the
Police College Barracks, Ikeja, with the Maxwells,
allegedly called the authorities of the LMNPS to
complain about Blessing’s condition. Blessing’s
father is said to be a police corporal.
A source within the school, who spoke on the
condition of anonymity, said, “It was last Friday
that we got the anonymous call. At the time, two
of Blessing’s younger siblings were in school, so
we called them aside and asked after Blessing.
“At first, they were both scared that they would
get into trouble with their mother if they told the
truth but they eventually opened up and said
their mother had used a hot pressing iron on
Blessing.”
The Head Teacher of the school, accompanied by
some other employees of the school, was said to
have visited Blessing at home.
It was learnt that on arriving at the Maxwells’
house, Blessing was seen sitting outside their
flat, sporting burn marks all over her body.
The source said, “We tried to question Blessing
about what happened to her, but she was scared
of her mother. Eventually, we went into the
house and confronted the mother, but she lied
that hot water had mistakenly poured on
Blessing.
“When we asked if Blessing had received medical
attention for her injuries, her mother got
annoyed and dragged Blessing into the house.
She then refused to answer more questions.
Since it was a police barracks, we thought it wise
to leave quietly before things got out of hand.
“The most painful aspect of the whole issue is
that despite Blessing’s wounds, their neighbour
told us that she had been carrying out house
chores like before. From what I saw, that girl is so
injured that I didn’t expect that she would be
able to come to school for the rest of the term.
Not one of us guessed that she was being
abused at home.”
PUNCH Metro gathered that both mother and
child were picked up by officials of the Lagos
State Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty
Alleviation after the school authorities alerted the
ministry. Blessing was said to have been picked
up by a Lagos State Ambulance Service bus.
When our correspondent contacted the Child
Director, WAPA, Mrs. Fadairo, she said, “I cannot
talk at this time. We are at the hospital and
Blessing is in critical condition.”
Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi
Braide, could not be reached for comment.

Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by lertee(f): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2013
A mother did that to her own daughter? I am not sure blessing is a biological daughter. Children do worse things to their parents and yet they are forgiven.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by Miner13: 7:31am On Dec 03, 2013
I just wonder most of the time what type of animal we called 'woman'.
That naughty character of her i knew did not just started but have been living with her
if i am the father to this innocent girl innocent i wil not mind taking care of both at the hospital but my justice would be.......doing the samething back to the woman.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by Godmother(f): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2013
All because of babyfood shocked
They should investigate well. I don't think this child actually belongs to this woman
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by fasho01(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Blessing sure ain't the woman's biological daughter cos I don't think if she was, the woman would have done such to her & still subject her to house chores.

But yet again if she's the biological mother then something is wrong with that woman. So so pathetic cry
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by twogood: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2013
It can't be true. I'm sure there's another side to this story. A MOTHER can't do this to a child she patiently waited for 9months to birth.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by andyanders: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2013
This woman must be sent to jail and the baby removed and taken care of by the government. Wicked world.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by haryor1986(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2013
I go Divorce dis woman if am her husband, secondly, I will make sure she die in jail.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by greatgod2012(f): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
From the story, i doubt if Blessing is not her biological daughter. She should be examined mentally, she might be suffering from mental disorder, who knows, not everyone we see as sane people are actually sane, such people just need something to trigger their madness and the show begins, it is after the deed is done that their eyes will now be opened.
Under NORMAL circumstances, no one should do this to anyone, not to talk of one's child, but if and when the mental condition is abnormal and the person is not appropriately treated, then, expect anything.

I will suggest that she is first treated, and later when she's alright, be made to face the wrath of the law to serve as deterrent to others who might be thinking they can be treating their children anyhow.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Even if bLessing isn't her biological daughter,does she merit such treatment? No matter what she's done?

Shocked at such wickedness. She should be given a taste of her medicine
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
The immense pressure of African marriages and it's frustrations have driven most women crazy,i don't think the woman is mentally fit.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sick ppl everywhere.

Poor child. I'm sure this will leave lasting scar.
Some women can be heartless, a child for crying out loud. And to even think she is a mother yet had the mind to do this.
She deserves to be locked up in a psychiatric home and the kids given a new home.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by fidatt(f): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
She is wicked. if she can do this to her child, I wonder what she will do to another woman's child.
Re: Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. by sexymoma(f): 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
Wife of a police corporal shocked

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Dying Man Says Goodbye To His Dog / Where Can I Get Wedding Rings. / Polygamous Marriage: Beneficial To Who ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.