Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

It Is For Good. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It Is For Good. (588 Views)

Please I Need Job To Change My Life For Good....i Am Dying. / Am Back For Good. / Coming Home For Good From Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is For Good. by oladoya(m): 11:47am On Dec 03, 2013
Hello moderator. Sorry i dont really know if this is the exact place to post this but i will like you to move it to the suppose place and if favoured, first page.

I read an article from 2011 Neco English Question and the moral lesson there has been helping me for long, so i decided to share it with my people here.

There is a King and his bossom friend, the two of them are hunters and they are very fond of each other. This king's friend is fond of saying ''it is for good'' whenever anything happens to him and the king is always wondering what kind of human being his friend is. Also the king and his friend take pleasure in hunting together and they always return back home with a lot of bush meat.

One day, the king and his friend went on their usual tour. When these two friends walk about thirty minute in the bush, the king decided to take a rest and his friend also decided to use the moment and prepare his gun. As the king's friend was preparing his gun, he mistakenly pull the trigger and the shot blew off the king's thumb. As the king was in agony of the shot, his friend walked up to him and told him not to panic because ''it is for good''. The king was annoyed at his frinds comment, he went back home with great annoyance and order his security men to put his friend inside prison.

After some months when the king has fully recovered, he decided to go on hunting alone as his friend was still in the prison. After walking for an hour in the bush, the king missed his road and was captured by cannibas. These people were very happy beacuse it has been long they have a good catch like this. After performing the necessary ritual they were about butchering the king when one of them suddenly shouted.. No!no!!no!!! We cannot eat this man because he is not complete. Others try investigating what the man saw and they discovered that their victim has no thumb. The leader of these cannibas order the release of the king and he was taken to a place from where he could get back to his village.

When the king got back to his village, he immediately ask for the release of his friend from prison. When the king saw his friend, he narrated the whole story to him and was begging him for forgiveness. Instead of the king's friend to forgive his friend, he(the king's friend) looked up and said ''it is for good''. The king and everyone there were surprice and everyone was asking the same question that is this man mad? You were put in prison for months and you say it is for good, what good then?? The man stood up and explain to the king and everyone that, as i mistakenly blew off the kings finger if he hadn't put me inside prison, both of us would have gone to the bush together and the cannibas would have captured both of us. When they saw that he was not complete, they would have released him and eat me because i am complete. That i was put in prison, that is why am alive today. The whole crowd plus the king were amased at this man's explanation and they all belief that whatever happens to man on earth''is for good'' as the saying goes:- in every dark cloud there must be a silver lining.

Your reproach of today, is tomorrow's glory.

''Go and Die'' widow of yesterday is now the present celebrity.

I repeated SS2 and was called sort of names. But a repeater of yesterday is now an undergraduate in the university of the first choice.

See your present situation as a step forward. God Bless.

(1) (Reply)

Career Talk With Paul Eze: How To Ask For A Raise And Get It / Xo Confused On Dis Sudden Chnge In Career / Books For 2014.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.