Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement (37397 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
I have read with anguish your recent outburst against Catholics. I understand where you are coming from. Life is complex and when we meet with what we don’t understand, it is a lot easier to demonize it, castigate it and even reject it. I am sorry to tell you that none of these will make the Church go away.

Darkness can only be dispelled by light, hatred by love, falsehood by truth. Since it is obvious that your are still in the dark about Catholic doctrines and way of life, I am inviting you to our religious class and I hope in humility you will submit yourself to this process of education so that you will not continue to grope in the darkness of your ignorance.
In the past, the argument was that Catholics don’t read Bible, but that argument has fizzled away when Catholics themselves have risen to the occasion to show that having been instrumental in the collection of the books into the unit we now call Bible, having been blessed with veritable tradition of great men and women who have studied the bible down through the ages, Catholics are indeed well versed in the Bible and probably better grounded than many other people.

The Catholic Church is rooted in the bible so are her doctrines… Mary, that extraordinary creature of God is at the same time the mother of my God and hopefully yours as well. As one Saint puts it, “If Mary is not your mother, then the Devil must be your father”. Do you really count yourself among the generation of people that will call her blessed? (Luke 2 ) Can you be numbered among those who will be privileged to behold Mary as their mother? “Woman, behold your son, Son, behold your mother”

The accusations of Chris Okotie are spurious… “Catholics bow to idols! How many people in his own life has he bowed to? How many people bow to him? Is he worshiping them or do they worship him?

The most outrageous claim is his denial of Jesus in the Eucharist. Thank God he knows that Catholics believe and profess strongly their belief in Jesus in the Eucharist. That belief is not man-made; it is based on Christ’s teaching. For the avoidance of doubt, readers should read John 6 in its entirety. I will give a bit of summary here. “I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh for the life of the world.” Jn 6:51. Later Jesus went on to say that “In all truth I tell you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.” Jn 6:53 If Pastor Chris does not practice this veritable injunction of Christ, how can he say he is a true Christian? This doctrine and practice that is central to Catholicism has always been a hard teaching, even when Jesus said it, many could not accept it and left him. It seems Pastor Chris is one of those who could not accept the teaching of Jesus. Let him simply go out on his own without leading other astray.

It is therefore imperative for me to invite those who are currently denied the opportunity in their Churches to come to the Catholic Church and see how faithful the Church is to this great teaching of Christ. Christ meant it; the Catholics have celebrated it for more than 2000 years. There is no alternative to it. You are either for Christ or against it. Otherwise, if you deny the practice, then you make Christ a liar.

My dear Pastor Chris, Catholics are destined for heaven for it is their main goal in life…. To know God, to love God, to serve God in this life so as to be happy with him forever in heaven. However based on God’s words, we know some people need purification and trusting in God’s love and mercy, we know these people will not be rejected for all eternity. This is a truth based on God’s word. Please read 1 Cor 3:10-15

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

The passage obviously talks about purification that Catholics refer to in the doctrine of purgatory. Even after death, the All-powerful God is still able to save some people. His ways are not our ways. So leave God to be God and do his work. Then in 1 John 5:15-17 we read that some sins do not lead to death and people with these will be saved… of course after purification by God himself.

To the general readers, especially those who attend Pastor Chris’s church read what scripture says “We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 1 John 5:9-10 do not just believe because Pastor Chris tells u so… search the Scripture and the truth will set you free. God bless you as you make your way back home…to mother Church, the Catholic Church.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.omolade/posts/10152051363131007

211 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Please mods come n do ur job, let d whole see dis too.....

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Adeoba10(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Na debate i want jare, make jehovah witnex b d timekeeper.

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
youngprofdguru: Please mods come n do ur job, let d whole world see dis too.....

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by myOGAonTOP: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
This should make the list as a nairaland Classic. Very straightforward and objective answer geared towards educating rather than 'beef'. This catholic priest has earned my deepest respect.

117 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by estyvino(m): 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
....jow turning to Chris Okotie; Are u the antichrist? ?

7 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by SalC: 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Such a straight forward and clear answer from a cool headed and non controversial priest.

God bless.

37 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by badmeat(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hmm,FP tinz
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nsonso: 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
God bless u father. Jesus bu Eze!

23 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Sepp360(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
This priest get time to they reply that confused creature!...

Anyway, God Bless Yhu Fr.

14 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Emyben(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is really a piece to all the Catholic antaginists. FRONT PAGE pls,,everyone needs to read this

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Emyben(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is really a piece to all the Catholic antagonists. FRONT PAGE pls,,everyone needs to read this

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by jnrbayano(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
A show of love and wisdom from a gentle, humble priest. Anti-Catholics, shealth your swords and read this response to Chris Okotie's bogus claims with open mind.
May God Bless you as you do.

6 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by woky: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: This priest get time to they reply that confused creature!...

Anyway, God Bless Yhu Fr.
that's the duty of the old, to be anxious on behalf of the young, and the duty of the young is to scorn the anxiety of the old

The priest was only showing some maturity..

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Sepp360(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
woky: that's the duty of the old, to be anxious on behalf of the young, and the duty of the young is to scorn the anxiety of the old

The priest is only showing some maturity..
Definitely!.... **Respect**

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by proudlyme(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
He's got his answers there. As for who goes to hell or heaven, he should leave that to God. Good work padre.

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
Thanks to u all as we awaits the moderators to help us front-page it so d whole world cn read too.....

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mods here don't wanna front-page dis dey are sentimental n tribalistic.....
they enjoy seeing dat man of doom Christ okotie ranting n saying rubbish......
God watches us all but take it frm me d mods here disappointed me

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
mods kindly move to front page

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Lilamartedi(f): 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
A very cool and straight forward reply.The Mods should pls move this to the frontpage so the protestants bashing the catholic church can read it as well.

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by kenny987(f): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thank you Father. Let the truth be known, Jesus is Lord and will judge all on the last day. I'm thankful that God examines the heart so He knows our hearts when we pray.

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by nnaemeka38(m): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
The moderator and his team are pentecostals and they will never make this teaching to appear on a front page. As for mr. Okotie, the saints in heaven who are the products of the Catholic will tell him that they are not in hell. He should watch and see his destruction.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
they say dey need link to confirm if d story is genuine shey hv dropped d link now..... so make una respect una self now front-page dis or I go believe say wat hv been saying it's d truth....

No faith is stronger Dan d Catholic faith.....

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
[size=24pt]ALL CHRISTIANS CAN BURN IN THEIR IMAGINERY HELL!

WHILE I JON MY ANCESTORS IN THE SPIRIT WORLD TO BE REINCARNATED![/size]

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nairalane: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
J
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by MAYOWAAK: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
"Strange, funny and sad watching all of you Nigerians arguing about the roots of religion brought to you by my profit lusting European fathers. Don’t you have more pressing issues in your country? The pastors and priests or what have you, have obviously turned you all to pawns, everyone of you defending where they came from, with quotations from books you believe to be written just for you. Open your eyes you guys, think for yourselves, religion hasn’t helped your country over the years, it has failed you more than you’ve gained it from it. It is your biggest problem, not even the corruption of your leaders…wake up Africa! Nigeria. My wife is Nigerian and I love her so well, that’s why I’m interested in Nigeria. I believe there are smart and great people in the country too, it is time you guys THOUGHT FOR YOURSELVES!!!"---Alex Roth on the controversy stirred by Pastor Chris Okotie on Catholicism

PS:Alex Roth is a Briton

8 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by y2kaustin(m): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
but why do we have TOO MANY IGBOS,as Catholics? also why do other ethnic groups hate igbos,so much.are igbos Israelite or Nigerians?.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
.una no wan post beta tin abi? Mk i go naijaloaded go c if mankind dn repent

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by barlkeys(f): 2:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Werin concern me wiv dis??story too much...did i make d fp??
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by devour129: 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
Dazz all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / Do You Used To See Repeating Numbers Such As: 11:11, 09:09, 08:08, 07:07, 03:03? / Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.