Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU (26494 Views)

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia / ASUU Strike: FG Agrees On N200b In 2014 Budget On Universities / ASUU Strike: Government Blinks, Agrees To Spend N200b Each For Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by olabukola: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pls somebody should monitor the labs and toilets we saw on the other thread and see if anything has changed.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by manjijustify(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Abeg which tym b chelsea match sef... Mtcheew [color=#770077][/color] undecided
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Ojestas(m): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mbatagr82: Even though i have wasted 5 months doing nothing at home, i will still remain gratefull to ASUU. Hoping that one day i will be a better leader. Wish i could attend Iyayi's burial.
what's dis one saying?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
eagle,eye:
I thought the clamour was that the AGF should sign the MOU....why the rush by FG to open an account for ASUU and make payment without the AGFs signature on the MoU.....
After this first payment, will FG not renege on their agreement say 2014 or 2015?
Which is more hard; signing of the MoU or Doling out N200billion?
the fg are 419.criminals in high places,but i trust ASUU,they can't fall mugu easily.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Funpeter: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
O our God, will you not judge them (ASUU and Fg)? We have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us (student and parent). We do not know what to do,but our eyes are upon you.

AND THE LORD SAYS

listen student and all those who are involved including parent and Nigeria! This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be Afraid or discourage of this vast army (ASUU and Fg). For the battle is not yours, but God's.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by talk2s(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
bayulll01: what the fuckkk is this pple saying maybe they tink ASUU is clueeless and retarddd as the man without no shoe,u opened account for ASUU and no ASUU official was there do u shave my head without my consent

On whose side are you: Fed Govt, ASSU or Students?
Where U there when they agreed to opening an Account, to have known the details?
Must U abuse your father before u spew your crap?
Besides, could de expression "...the man without no shoe", english?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Manuelcrc(m): 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
emmanugo: corect guy..e b lik say na only me n u undastand dis movie sotei we fit predict d next scenes

abi now... We don know say ASUU in deny tomorrow.
God help us.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by bayulll01(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sodiq3:
who will deposit the money,ASUU OR FG?soon.ASUU might say they want to see the money physically....smh
guy dont be a fooool ASUU does not trust fg and if they claim they ve deposited the money,how will ASUU have access to the funds when no member was there when they opened the account,use ur brain,my take fg has drop nothing just a ploy to forced ASUU to resume,ASUU already know this

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Most Nairalanders are undergrads, and I see many dumb responses which are biasedly pro-ASUU rascality. Well, I am pondering if most of you poor folks whose parents struggle real hard to sponsor your education realize that rich folks' kids do not attend public Universities but private universities as well as foreign ones.

If you ponder what I'm pondering, then you will not just know, but you will understand that the gap between the rich and the poor is widening in terms of intelligence and assets. The only factor that can help bridge this gap between poverty and wealth is knowledge, and University education offers that foundation.

Continuous unnecessary strike by ASUU affects you and you and you and not most of the politicians and elites.

Criticize ASUU enough to make them call off this unnecessary strike.

Teachers reward is in heaven (I just dey joke oh).

5 Likes

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by kabba7(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
So all along Jonathan knew he was going to bow ? What a dumd phd holder leadig Nigeria , I guess he must have base his research work on alcoholics drinking!!
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by taharqa: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
kabba7: So all along Jonathan knew he was going to bow ? What a dumd phd holder leadig Nigeria , I guess he must have base his research work on alcoholics drinking!!
DONKEY! What is d meaning of 'he knew he was going to bow'. Bow to who? Did d Govt ever say it was not going to pay d money into that account? Wasn't it d same Govt who agreed to it in that meeting with ASUU? .... And oh by d way, has there ever been any Msc Holder in yr entire Family lineage, talkless of a PhD holder? Una no know una mate again, abi...

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Atigba: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
I don't really understand what this ASUU people want..or they want the government to pay the money into there account before they believe?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by TERNGU123: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lets Hope z true
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by eluquenson(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nigerian money is not only for the looters we have as leaders.tongue
OLE! GEJ & Others give ASUU their own share & prepare to give us ours too by 2015 before you leave cheesy
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by rezy15(m): 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
kabba7: So all along Jonathan knew he was going to bow ? What a dumd phd holder leadig Nigeria , I guess he must have base his research work on alcoholics drinking!!
wait o! Which school jona get d phd sef?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by TheArbiter: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
ASUU Strike: Presidency lied against ASUU, By Nasir Fagge

The letter from the Government, signed by Dr. Mac John Nwaobiala, was delivered at ASUU National Secretariat on 6th November, 2013. ASUU had made it clear to Government through the Minister of Education, and at the meetings held with Government’s representative, that our Union does not have an EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT who has the power to decide for the Union on crucial matters, including and especially on trade disputes and strikes. Similarly, the internal democracy of our Union does not permit the Principal Officers to make decisions on Union matters of trade disputes without advice from the National Executive Council. Allowing branches to meet, advise and take positions is the only way we know how to run a democratic organisation.

2. The content of ASUU’s reply

Here is the relevant portion of ASUU’s reply to government’s letter, as contained in Union’s letter of 22nd November, 2013 signed by Nasir F. Isa, President of ASUU:

“On behalf of NEC I hereby convey the Union’s appreciation of the expressed concern of Your Excellency to bring an end to the crisis occasioned by the poor implementation of the 2009 Agreement and the 2012 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) arising therefrom through your personal intervention.

NEC would have taken a definitive decision on ending the strike, especially in view of Your Excellency’s intervention but for certain uncertainties, the clearance of which would have been decisive in making the relevant decision. These uncertainties involve issues on which ASUU members nationwide have strong feelings. They are about certain gaps evident in Government’s report as presented to our Union.

Specifically, our members are requesting that Your Excellency facilitates the resolution of the issues as a way of concretising their understanding of the agreed positions. This will involve the following:

(a) That the N200 billion agreed upon as 2013 Revitalisation Fund for public universities shall be deposited with the CBN and disbursed to the benefitting universities within two weeks.

(b) That the renegotiation of the 2009 Agreement in 2014 be included in the final document as agreed at the discussion with Your Excellency.

(c) That a Non-victimisation clause which is normally captured in all interactions of this nature be included in the final document and

(d) That a new Memorandum of Understanding shall be validly endorsed, signed by a representative of government, preferably the Attorney General of the Federation and a representative of ASUU, with the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) as a witness.

Your Excellency please be assured that the Union is willing to do all that is needful to resolve the lingering crisis as soon as the expressed observations of our members are addressed.

Thank you

Yours in the struggle

Naisr F. Isa, Ph.D

http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/150783-presidency-lied-ASUU-nasir-fagge.html
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by SirTunechi(f): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
you are a big fool
don't take it personal. Your english sef dy frustrate me pass ASUU.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by OrangeHokage(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
If Government has met a pre-condition for the calling off of the strike, it is rather funny that ASUU will only know about it through a t.v programme involving Doyin Okupe who does not have much credibility. Why did the Minister for Education not make this known all along? When was the account deposited and money deposited? Who are the signatories? Why did the Government not disclose this while threatening the lecturers with sack? Something is fishy undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
someone is insincere in ds matter, either FG or ASUU..... bt I feel its FG....
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by bayulll01(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
talk2s:

On whose side are you: Fed Govt, ASSU or Students?
Where U there when they agreed to opening an Account, to have known the details?
Must U abuse your father before u spew your crap?
Besides, could de expression "...the man without no shoe", english?
another gej assss lickeer guy i understand how dejected u are,since u are do stupe to understand what was going on,i advice u run and play and if you are a graduate i hate to break this to u that ur IQ is less than 1% olodo oshi
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
OrangeHokage: If Government has met a pre-condition for the calling off of the strike, it is rather funny that ASUU will only know about it through a t.v programme involving Doyin Okupe who does not have much credibility. Why did the Minister for Education not make this known all along? When was the account deposited and money deposited? Who are the signatories? Why did the Government not disclose this while threatening the lecturers with sack? Something is fishy undecided undecided undecided undecided
na so my brother....... who is deceiving who.....I see it as a super story....
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Afrok(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
This is a good news but d better one is yet to be reported, nd at d same time I'm waiting patiently for d best news dt'll be captioned " ASUU STRIKE CALLED OFF". Let's celebrate dis good news nd hopefully d best news we're all waiting for won't be long like d word " hippopotamus" been pronounced by a stammerer...
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by tunex23: 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
OrangeHokage: If Government has met a pre-condition for the calling off of the strike, it is rather funny that ASUU will only know about it through a t.v programme involving Doyin Okupe who does not have much credibility. Why did the Minister for Education not make this known all along? When was the account deposited and money deposited? Who are the signatories? Why did the Government not disclose this while threatening the lecturers with sack? Something is fishy undecided undecided undecided undecided
Exactly wat am thinking, ASUU no trust those PDP thiefs
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by myjudez: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Let see what ASUU will do next.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Wsdm: 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
All these talks about the president sitting for 13 hours does not make sense to me. Did he not party through out the night the other day ostensibly drinking himself to stupor?
Simply sign an agreement that you have with ASUU has turned so difficult for this hopeless regime.
How can the Jonathan's government be trusted seeing that they are not ashamed to lie on a very simple and obvious issues?
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by tunex23: 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
bayulll01:
another gej assss lickeer guy i understand how dejected u are,since u are do stupe to understand what was going on,i advice u run and play and if you are a graduate i hate to break this to u that ur IQ is less than 1% olodo oshi
No mind the big fool.....am sure say na one college of edu 4 bayelsa forest e dey self
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by onyeka205(m): 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sodiq3:
who told you FG is reluctant to sign the
MOU?.what FG is saying is why would ASUU wants the MOU to be signed by the AGF when we have the parm sec nd minister of edu..ASUU members are aware of existing protocols but they dnt want to follow it..

They want this one to be signed by one higher than the perm sec because the provious one that was signed by the perm sec, the senate president claimed that they were signed by people that doesn't know their left from their right. The AGF cannot be said to be one that doesn't know his/her left from his/her right.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by tunex23: 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
onyeka205:

They want this one to be signed by one higher than the perm sec because the provious one that was signed by the perm sec, the senate president claimed that they were signed by people that doesn't know their left from their right. The AGF cannot be said to be one that doesn't know his/her left from his/her right.
GBAM!!!
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
undecided undecided sad sad[quote author=Ojestas] what's dis one saying?[/quoteCould be Denrele or Karen Igho speaking.
Re: FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU by david290(m): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
And now dat ASUU are aware about d new development what have dey done or is 24 hours 2 small 2 set up an investigative panel 2 verify FG claims,should d student b expecting votes and secrets meeting b4 dis merciless,inconsiderate old men and women do d needful or must ASUU leader consult it's members b4 knowing what 2 do?if yes then why is he their chairman?why are dis people disgracing d students,why will a phD holder b thinking like my family's last born.well,2 me it's like ASUU have concluded on a date 4 their resumption as it is obvious 4rm their non-chalant attitudes.but i just want 2 tell dem dat d students are closely watching.dey've done their own and i am sure d spirit of aluta will descend on dem heavily if dey refuse 2 use dis money 4 what it is meant 4.D Previous regimes have been giving dem money with no show,if dey try dis dis time around,dey'll know dat dis is 21st century.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU: Eksu, Uniosun, Kasu Tackle Osodeke Over "Quack Universities" Statement / KASU Suspends Students Who Beat Up NDA Cadets / 10 Students You Should Not Sit With If You Did Not Read For An Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.