Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,167 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? - Music/Radio (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Eminem Really The Rap God? (38920 Views)

Is Eminem The Most Emotional Rapper? / Is Eminem Really The Rap God?? / Is Eminem Richer Than Lil Wayne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 05, 2013
PLI (poet laureate infinity) comes to mind. 1000 bars of pure lyricism. Plus Canibus whooped Em's ass when they had beef.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by princessayesha(f): 12:40am On Dec 05, 2013
Well....not minding the meaning......am not a goat.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 1:05am On Dec 05, 2013
richP:
read and understand wat i wrote. i was referring to ur comments about 50 rappers

i know what you were reffering to. I still don't understand how's that slamming. Don't get me wrong eminem is one of my favorite mcs; i was merely disputing the fact that he is untouchable and other rappers are just dwarfs compared to him. Hence i said i could name 50 rappers that can match up to his level or are even greater which will, honestly speaking, make him no rap god. That's why i say how is saying someone is not a rap god slamming?

richP:
you are the bandwagoner who is trying so hard not to be mainstream..in you blind raging you slam brilliant artistes who are commercial so as to sound more in the know.

a bandwagoner isn't someone who researches and selects better options available but one who goes by what everyone is doing or saying, in this case everyone is saying eminem is rap god and you bandwagoners go: 'yippy, he is indeed rap god'
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 1:14am On Dec 05, 2013
mekula:

Em hello! Twista? Bus a Bus (on a number of tracks)? By the way RA's stuff is basic 90's, nothing to it.

hold the phone, i wasn't asking for the fastest rapper, those two can't match up with RA.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Bizibi(m): 1:23am On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: Dp
mention the album's of rappers u have really listened to
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 05, 2013
RSAMAN:

hold the phone, i wasn't asking for the fastest rapper, those two can't match up with RA.

Not talking 'bout speed either, but breath control. I repeat RA is basic, you may be obsessed with his flow but it doesnt change the fact that his flow is basic. Nothing phenomenal.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by decepticos(m): 5:31am On Dec 05, 2013
mekula:

Not talking 'bout speed either, but breath control. I repeat RA is basic, you may be obsessed with his flow but it doesnt change the fact that his flow is basic. Nothing phenomenal.
r u talking of RA the ruggedman? the guys flow is nothing basic oh
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by quivah(f): 6:45am On Dec 05, 2013
sandijey:

By naming four rappers and concentrating on one! Anyone would no who my rap god is!!!!!!
cheesy chill!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Bizibi: mention the album's of rappers u have really listened to
Jamb question. grin
I am a fan of old generation of rappers. I might not remember their albums but I definitely remember their songs. 2pac and DMX (The Great Depression Album) still remain my best rappers of all time. cool cool

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by FreeGlobe(f): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2013
njokusboy:

U know elvis, elton john, the beatles, johnny cash, dolly parton?? Save for michael jackson... There isn't really anybody worth the mention...
Na only for rap we get mouth

ignorance a huge disease.Whitney Houston is the greatest female Singer of all time. There is R.Kelly, Marvin Gayle, and sooooooo many
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by RSAMAN(m): 7:29am On Dec 05, 2013
mekula:

yet you can't mention a rapper that can come close, i mean credible ones, busta rhymes and twista aren't in RA's league unless you are talking about speed then you can also mention any member of bone thugs. They have to get through masta ace ,not speedwise, before they can even get to RA
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Lex11(m): 7:39am On Dec 05, 2013
There is only one GOD... and eminem certainly ain't HIM.

he's got skill, no doubt, but he's not even the best lyricist... so what's all the hubbub?
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by FreeGlobe(f): 7:50am On Dec 05, 2013
Eminem is definitely tops in his area. You have to Rate rappers based on Storytelling, Lyricism, Rhyme, Flow, battle rap, syllable, Wordplay etc to know who is tops in a particular area. However I don't know about "Rap God". I only know about the GOAT- Pac!Eminent is in my top 5 of all time though
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Teymanhenry(f): 8:12am On Dec 05, 2013
nas n co şţāŗţęd. ţђę gāmę bęƒoŗę eminem,bųţ doęş ţђāţ męāŋş ţђęy āŗę bęţţęŗ ŗāppęŗş?? ђęll ŋo, çђęçķ oųţ wђose ŗāps māķęş moŗę şālęş įŋ ђįşţoŗy yoų'll ŗęālįşę įţ'ş mŗ māŗşђāl.. ђįş goţ ţђę vįbęş., ђę çāŋ ŗāp āll gęŋŗęş. 2pac įş ā lęgęŋd, bųţ ƒoŗ ђow loŋg wāş ђę ųp? do yoų ķŋow ţђāţ ţђę moşţ dįƒƒįçųlţ ţђįŋg įş ŋoţ bęęŋ įŋ ţђę ţop? STAYING AT D TOP IS
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Lex11: There is only one GOD... and eminem certainly ain't HIM.

he's got skill, no doubt, but he's not even the best lyricist... so what's all the hubbub?

These is the god he means not my God.......
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2013
pappilo: Hell No

For me not even in the top 10. Is he better than Nas, Method Man, Raekwon, Talib Kweli and many many more? I remember his 1st major single "my name is". What a joke of a song. How da hell do you sing that and go on to be the Rap god?

The only reason he blew was the colour of his skin. I remember my former oyinbo manager saying "I dont like rap music but I like Eminem".
Niqqa u're juz hatinq........ #Abeg_Shift.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by undisputednesta(m): 9:33am On Dec 05, 2013
2ND ACCT: VECTOR IS RAP GOD
Vector ko, Scalar ni
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 05, 2013
JulianBond007: Jamb question. grin
I am a fan of old generation of rappers. I might not remember their albums but I definitely remember their songs. 2pac and DMX (The Great Depression Album) still remain my best rappers of all time. cool cool
lovely! One of my favourites too. I hav almost all musics of dark man x on my laptop, including undisputed 2013. I' m a Ryder!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by OjoMadiba: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2013
Eminem is simply the best rapper of all time.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1tnV3MTyqg

Just listen to Illmatic and y'all will understand why NAS is the best.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by almaliki: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2013
eminem is just an overhyped rapper............he's rap style is too one sided 4 me.........if he's that good how come u never heard him rhyme 2 a dup_step beat with constantly changing instrumentals in any of his albums..... like chubb rock, Afu-Ra, and Heavy D does........simple he's just 2 one sided.....and u tag him a rap g.o.a.t...............oh pls............do u think if Deathrow records had signed vannila ice as Dr.Dre wanted them 2 do.... we would have known eminem.......vannilla ice would av definately taken d shine cos as at then he was probably d most notable white rapper around then...........and it was all about biznas for Dr. Dre............eminem on d other side probably would have been around same time with d likes of drake & co..bottom line...HE AIN'T G.O.A.T...............i can go on and name a thousand and one rappers who are way better than eminem..........!
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 10:43am On Dec 05, 2013
harde2lah:
lovely! One of my favourites too. I hav almost all musics of dark man x on my laptop, including undisputed 2013. I' m a Ryder!
Ryder for life!! cool cool
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nateevs(m): 10:54am On Dec 05, 2013
FreeGlobe: Eminem is definitely tops in his area. [b]You have to Rate rappers based on Storytelling, Lyricism, Rhyme, Flow, battle rap, syllable, Wordpetc [/b]lay to know who is tops in a particular area. However I don't know about "Rap God". I only know about the GOAT- Pac!Eminent is in my top 5 of all time though

It might be controversial but I refuse to see how Tupac is regarded as GOAT if those attributes qualify one. Storytelling, Lyricism Tupac will come very close. However, rhymes, word play, flow, battle rap, rhyme scheme, rhyme intelligence, metaphorical play, extended metaphorical play, abeg Tupac will not come close.

I fail to find any references that talk about the latter techniques and exemplifies Tupac. When you think about those latter techniques though, you think Em.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by bibiking7(m): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2013
Imm Tech is a good rapper.

Buuuuuttt, eminem has got a laptop in his back pocket........ grin.

he might not be the greatest, but he is a rap god. and all you phags hating, can keep hating while checking the male, get it, checking the male. cry
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by macof(m): 10:58am On Dec 05, 2013
The best rapper alive I rate Eminem higher than anyone who ever lived or is still Alive

The Monster ft Rihanna was an epic song.

Rap God sealed his status

Marshall such a crazy Man at 40
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by JulianBond007: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2013
How can I ever forget Lawrence Krisner Parker aka KRS-ONE? That's another rapper who rocked in the 90's. "Step into the world" was one of his hit tracks cheesy cheesy

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DJ7ojWsnQZ_4&sa=U&ei=flOgUvjwAaie0QWl14GIDA&ved=0CB4QtwIwAw&sig2=D8qgAaeJtNOgsKGAO5yktw&usg=AFQjCNHwZX7ZM7GhOnyXrfXw8kG_8bJ6Sg

Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 11:32am On Dec 05, 2013
PhysicsQED:
Coogar, are you trolling, or this a serious question?

i don't troll when it comes to rap music.

How much rap from the (so-called) "golden era" of rap (1987-1999) have you actually listened to? Pun? Rakim? Kool G. Rap? Nas? Black Thought? Pharoahe Monch?

there's no relevant rap album i haven't listened to. like i have said, all the rappers above have top delivery, they can flow & there's a message in their music but their pen game is far far below what eminem can conjure in his freestyles.

And I'm not a Canibus fan, but he has more than a few tracks that are more impressive lyrically than "Rap God." Then there are other less mainstream rappers like Chino XL, Crooked I, etc. who also have lyrically complex songs.

i am a big canibus fan. between 97-2000, you couldn't find any rapper that could touch bis. his writing ability, delivery, punchlines & morbid metaphors were top drawer - but he's tailed off now. eminem hasn't looked back since 99. how can you listen to legacy and compare to the lazy pen game of the golden era of rap?

And what's so impressive about the song (Rap God) anyway? Is it the part where he pays homage to J.J. Fad's "Supersonic"?

that bit even dumbed down the song. it's the way he kept switching the flows & the embodiment of every skill that makes a good MC. the song had everything - humour, flow, delivery, metaphor, content, wordplay, metaphors, punches, sick multis, etc
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2013
nateevs:
It might be controversial but I refuse to see how Tupac is regarded as GOAT if those attributes qualify one. Storytelling, Lyricism Tupac will come very close. However, rhymes, word play, flow, battle rap, rhyme scheme, rhyme intelligence, metaphorical play, extended metaphorical play, abeg Tupac will not come close.

we tend to overrate majority of the rappers in the golden era. 2pac without a doubt was influential with his music & the message he conveys but so is eminem. the difference is their pen game. the amount of work eminem does putting his lyrics together is more than building the great wall of china.

I fail to find any references that talk about the latter techniques and exemplifies Tupac. When you think about those latter techniques though, you think Em.

2pac like many of the golden age rappers are monosyllabic rhymers - that's just too easy to write. it's like writing for a R-n-B song...with perfect or family rhymes ending their couplettes.

xxxxxxxxxxblock
xxxxxxxxxxclock

xxxxxxxxxxxbrick
xxxxxxxxxxxcreek

eminem & few others have pushed their pens even further to spray the rhymes everywhere with mosaic/internal rhymes. eminem's word choice & the placing of the rhymes are ridiculously meticulous.

if you write songs now like 2pac & kool g rap did in the past, you would be laughed at - it doesn't matter how rich the content of your songs are, you would be deemed unfit for the modern rhyme schemes.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nairamaniac: 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
I'm a die hard rap fan. Been there since nwa thru early 90's till date. Truely eminiem iss the rap God. Before eminem iv always been a biggy and nas fan. U guys don't respect eminem enough cause he has more playful/unserious jovial songs like "my name is", and the rest. But on serious songs like "loose yourself" and "renegade". He delivered the messages as good as nas and biggy.
Then coming to talk of a rapper than can flow in uncountable tunes/speed/tempo, eminem is the greatest in doing that. Tupac was great, but he didn't regulate his tempo well enough. For me I would pick: eminem, biggy, nas , tupac amongs the greatest. But eminem is the rap God amongst them all.
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by nateevs(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
coogar:

2pac like many of the golden age rappers are monosyllabic rhymers - that's just too easy to write. it's like writing for a R-n-B song...with perfect or family rhymes ending their couplettes.

xxxxxxxxxxblock
xxxxxxxxxxclock

xxxxxxxxxxxbrick
xxxxxxxxxxxcreek

eminem & few others have pushed their pens even further to spray the rhymes everywhere. mosaic/internal rhymes. if you write songs now like 2pac & kool g rap did in the past, you would be laughed at - it doesn't matter how rich the content of your songs are.

Absolutely. Mono syllabic rhymes.
I have known em to modify phrasal delivery for the sake of a rhyme.
Em spits 60-70 bars on the last verse of Rap God. Immense ability, artistry, rap intelligence and delivery beyond rappers' comprehension.

I think we need to begin to take lyrics and the techniques apart on here to really pass on the message. Then again, if you have to do that to pass the message, you are talking to the wrong audience.

Greatest verse of all times. The song starts at 1.59. Just forward, you haven't missed anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8
Re: Is Eminem Really The Rap God? by coogar: 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
nateevs:
Absolutely. Mono syllabic rhymes.
I have known em to modify phrasal delivery for the sake of a rhyme.
Em spits 60-70 bars on the last verse of Rap God. Immense ability, artistry, rap intelligence and delivery beyond rappers' comprehension.

I think we need to begin to take lyrics and the techniques apart on here to really pass on the message. Then again, if you have to do that to pass the message, you are talking to the wrong audience.

they still wouldn't understand - these people don't know the amount of work today's rappers put in their lyrics.

i found this video where a blogger broke down eminem's verse on lose yourself, my respect for eminem has soared since then & i now understand why it's the first ever rap song that has won the academy awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooOL4T-BAg0

if you watch this video & still think nas & 2pac come close to eminem in rapping then you need to go back to school for more education.

this is RAP!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido / Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.