Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,230 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

5 Easy Steps To Start Your Own Blog And Make It Popular (part 1) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Easy Steps To Start Your Own Blog And Make It Popular (part 1) (450 Views)

7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year / Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? / Blog And Website Owners One Opporturnity For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Easy Steps To Start Your Own Blog And Make It Popular (part 1) by dannish247(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
1. Decide on the Niche Your Blog will Specialize on

I wrote extensively about this in my post http://danewah.com/7-ways-to-consistently-drive-quality-traffic-to-your-blog-posts/ with particular reference to #3 which I titled ‘consistently offer valuable contents’; so because I’ve already done justice to this point, please permit me not to dwell much on it here, just to reduce the length of this post.

But just know that your choice of a niche to blog about must be driven by passion and expertise in the chosen niche; kindly read up the rest in the link above.

2. Decide on Ways to Monetize Your Blog

In my post titled http://danewah.com/6-powerful-ways-to-make-money-on-your-blog/ I actually over-delivered and mentioned a total of 13 ways to make money; I’ll encourage you to read it up too, I promise that you’ll most definitely have an Ah-Ha moment while reading that post.

Deciding how you intend to monetize your blog is very important, so before you start your blog, do make sure it’s clear to you how you’ll make money from it.

3. Get a Professional Designer to Create Your Blog

This point can’t be over-stated, the odds are for newbie bloggers to want to put up a cheap blog or worse still to have a hosted blog; this is counter-productive in the long-run and you’ll wish you didn’t take that route; one of my jobs is to guide you in the right way through your blogging journey.

Having a blog is like using all the money you’ve worked for to build a mansion on a rented land; how wise is that?

The land-owner will definitely ask for his land one day, and guess what? He’ll own your house too.

Google owns and according to the terms & conditions you accepted prior to using , Google also owns your blog and Google can decide you have breached their terms and wipe off your blog for no reason and without explanation… this is not unusual of Google; So why would you want to take this major risk because you don’t want to pay a professional designer?

It’s your business we are talking about here; you’ve got to spend money to make money.

Moreover, for your Internet Marketing efforts to really take off, your blog has to have some tools on it; like opt-in forms, landing pages, Squeeze pages, mailing list to mention a few, a professional designer will be able to put these things together for your blog and you can't do any of the above on a blog.

You can send me an email [dan(at)danewah(dot)com] and I’ll be very glad to be the one birthing your blog and you can be sure you’ll get the best blog development from me.

4. Write your First Blog Post

Once your professional blog is ready, it’s now time to write your first post; write about the solution to a common problem in your niche/industry, this is a guaranteed way to make certain that your post will go viral, the FAQs that your customers ask, now is the time to blog about their solutions.

5. Promote Your Blog Posts With Advertising

Now that you’ve taken the time to write a post that your audience will love because it’ll solve their problems, it’s now time to let your audience know that you’ve got a solution to their problem and you do that by advertising your post; it’s not expensive, you can start with as little as $5 on Facebook.

This post is not about Facebook advertising, so I want to keep it focused; but if you want me to help you with your Facebook advertising, then you can send me an email.

There are actually 10 steps but I wanted to keep this post really short; so kindly read up the remaining 5 steps here >> http://danewah.com/10-easy-steps-to-start-your-own-blog-and-make-it-popular/

(1) (Reply)

Get Perfect Design For Your Blog / Could This Be The Reason(s) Why You Order For Goods And Services Online? / Good Mobile Application Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.