Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database (665 Views)

How To Stop Hackers From Posting Nude Pics And Videos On Your Facebook Wall / Youtube Reveals The Most-watched Videos In Nigeria In 2013. / How To Store Data With javascript / Javascript Cookie Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by ficko(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
please web developers how can i store file like images songs and videos in a database using sql and php
Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by DualCore1: 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Use the PHP file functions to upload your files to specified folders and store a reference to these files in your database. So its not the actually files that you will be storing in the database but a link to them.

1 Like

Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by ficko(m): 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
please xplain beta for me or u can assist me with d code
Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by talk2hb1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Please don't try uploading binary file like images and music to a db!!!
It will bloat your database, it will not be searchable, and cannot be indexed.
Why not try uploading the file to a location on the server capture the file name after uploading it, then save the file name with other data to a database table.
Regard Habeeb Salami
Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by yawatide(f): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
OP:

What they are saying is:
1) When you upload your file, save it in the file structure (for example, save an image in "images/file-uploaded.jpg'
2) In your database, rather than create a column of type BLOB and saving the actual image there, save the path to that image instead (for example: images/file-uploaded.jpg). This way, since you are not facebook or google, you are not filling up your database with large data.

So gbo?
Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by ficko(m): 10:14am On Dec 05, 2013
I don hear tanks a lot but if I no get am na u na go write everything oo
Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by curiouslad(m): 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by aikfrank(m): 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
each has it own advantage and disadvantage.
Re: Web Developers Abeg How To Store File Like Images Songs And Videos In A Database by greenPHP(m): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2013

(1) (Reply)

9 + 1 Reasons No One Comments On Your Blog & How To Amend That / C0deca#yo# - Fac^book Likes And Followers Exchange App V.1.1 / How Do I Get The New Mifi From SWIFT NETWORKS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.