Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December (16174 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Unimaid Resumes On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2013
I heard OAU is in the SS/SE, this ppl re saboteurs...lol
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2013
Afunkybaby: oau dont try nonsense o, this year has gone already

lazzy gal...
C'mon , cawi ya bag and zoom to school jooooor
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Manuelcrc(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2013
roland2rule: I hope they release the lecture time-table soon, if I don't see this, am nt going anywhere............

Besides, last time I got to my room my roommates (those rats who also have their own bedspace allocation every year) had taken over the room. I didn't try to go in because even through the window I could see it was a sorry sight.
Bottom line: I'll wait for at least 2 weeks before I go anywhere...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Olugbenger(m): 9:09am On Dec 05, 2013
Manuelcrc:

Besides, last time I got to my room my roommates (those rats who also have their own bedspace allocation every year) had taken over the room. I didn't try to go in because even through the window I could see it was a sorry sight.

Exactly.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 05, 2013
Goodboy2012:

lazzy gal...
C'mon , cawi ya bag and zoom to school jooooor
lazy ke, no o, when it was still sha-kin me to resume, oau didnt say anything, now they want us to rush to school for what, In Jesus Name, Oh Lord please, let ASUU strike be called off this month and let OAU resume on the 5th of January year 2014 for second semester, all this i ask in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Drfash(f): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Nxt sud be oou
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by e2nuoluwa(f): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
I hope this is true o
I'm tired of apprenticeship
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Manuelcrc(m): 9:36am On Dec 05, 2013
I'll go and confirm sef...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by roland2rule(m): 9:40am On Dec 05, 2013
Manuelcrc: I'll go and confirm sef...

Better...pls be fast
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by olaisababs(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2013
In a related development, Nnamdi Azikiwe
University branch of ASUU has ordered its
members that signed the attendance register
to delete their names from the book.
Also, the management of Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile-Ife has directed its students to
resume on Sunday.
A statement by the Public Relations Officer
of OAU, Mr. Biodun Olarewaju on
Wednesday said, “The authorities of the
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, have
announced Sunday, December 8, as the
resumption date for the 2012/ 2013 rain
semester.
“Accordingly, students of the university are
expected to come into residence on the
above date as lectures will commence
immediately.”
Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other
digital content on this website, may not be
reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten
or redistributed in whole or in part without
prior express written permission from
PUNCH.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by olaisababs(m): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2013
the vocation I dey do sef dey laugh me naturally.lol.I no fit rush go school...but I guess the timetable shud be out today or tomoro
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Flirtyfemi: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2013
So three universities have pulled out of the ASUU strike now, OAU, UNIBEN and UNIPORT http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/12/oau-uniben-uniport-pull-out-of-ASUU.html

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2013
ASUU Stronghold, OAU Resumes Sunday
ARTICLE | DECEMBER 5, 2013 - 6:33AM | BY
MU'SODIQ ADEKUNLE
Authorities of Obafemi Awolowo Unibversity, Ile-
Ife has directed its students to resume on
Sunday.This was contained in a statement by
the Public Relations Officer of
OAU, Mr. Biodun Olarewaju on Wednesday.
He noted that lectures would commence
immediately after the resumption. Students of
the university narrowly escaped not completing
their Harmattan Semester exams when the
strike began in July. It was gathered that the
university was lagging a semester compared to
other federal universities in the country.
The statement read, “The authorities of the
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, have
announced Sunday, 8th December, 2013 as the
resumption date for the 2012/ 2013 rain
semester.
“Accordingly, students of the university are
expected to come into residence on the above
date as lectures will commence immediately.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/ASUU-stronghold-oau-resumes-sunday

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Rejoice5000(f): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2013
ok ooooo they for no resume, they don tire??

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 05, 2013
Any medical from OAU here?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2013
Seun: Is it true?

Yep

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by olanrewajumi(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Manuelcrc:

Besides, last time I got to my room rats (who also have their own bedspace allocation every year) had taken over. I didn't try to go in because even through the window I could see it was a sorry sight.
na AWOO u dey?

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by bobzycool(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2013
Thank GOD o! time to package my package & pack to school!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by whyman(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2013
Don't fool yourselves. ASUU is very much still on strike. The schools were being opened by the VCs who are political appointees of the government. They were directed by the committee of the VCs and Pro-chancellors. Schools would be reopened but where are the lecturers to teach. In fact the lecturers might be on campus but they won't go to class. Pls, lets beg Oga Jonathan to accept the ASUU conditions which to me are very simple and straight forward for anybody who is [/b]SINCERE[b]. Sign the agreement with the given witnesses - CBN and ATTORNEY GENERAL shikena! Everybody would be happy not not the 180 degrees turn - resume or I sack all of you. Late Gen. Abacha try it even bring soldier to staff quarters to forcefully eject them at the end of the day ASUU won.

Pls, for posterity sake and for the sake of average Nigerian who couldn't afford private school/Ghana/Europe/Asia/Americas. Jonathan please!!! Students are tired of sleeping, watching films, reading novels and roaming about. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by diane10a: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2013
People are now coming to school ooo, I'm in front of FAJ Hall now, it's as if students were expecting this news....I'm happy, ireppsychology.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by UkwuNnu(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2013
whyman: Don't fool yourselves. ASUU is very much still on strike. The schools were being opened by the VCs who are political appointees of the government. They were directed by the committee of the VCs and Pro-chancellors. Schools would be reopened but where are the lecturers to teach. In fact the lecturers might be on campus but they won't go to class. Pls, lets beg Oga Jonathan to accept the ASUU conditions which to me are very simple and straight forward for anybody who is [/b]SINCERE[b]. Sign the agreement with the given witnesses - CBN and ATTORNEY GENERAL shikena! Everybody would be happy not not the 180 degrees turn - resume or I sack all of you. Late Gen. Abacha try it even bring soldier to staff quarters to forcefully eject them at the end of the day ASUU won.

Pls, for posterity sake and for the sake of average Nigerian who couldn't afford private school/Ghana/Europe/Asia/Americas. Jonathan please!!! Students are tired of sleeping, watching films, reading novels and roaming about. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Keep living in denial. ASSU is fighting a lost battle. They have over stretched their luck. In a battle, a real warrior knows when to withdraw but not ASSU. embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Harrisonn(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2013
whyman: Don't fool yourselves. ASUU is very much still on strike. The schools were being opened by the VCs who are political appointees of the government. They were directed by the committee of the VCs and Pro-chancellors. Schools would be reopened but where are the lecturers to teach. In fact the lecturers might be on campus but they won't go to class. Pls, lets beg Oga Jonathan to accept the ASUU conditions which to me are very simple and straight forward for anybody who is [/b]SINCERE[b]. Sign the agreement with the given witnesses - CBN and ATTORNEY GENERAL shikena! Everybody would be happy not not the 180 degrees turn - resume or I sack all of you. Late Gen. Abacha try it even bring soldier to staff quarters to forcefully eject them at the end of the day ASUU won.

What's this one saying?? must you comment??

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by roland2rule(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2013
diane10a: People are now coming to school ooo, I'm in front of FAJ Hall now, it's as if students were expecting this news....I'm happy, ireppsychology.

Are u serious about this
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by kristana(f): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2013
buh.criosly.d.year.z.gone.naa..na wah.o
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by UkwuNnu(m): 11:39am On Dec 05, 2013
The thing now is the FG asking the VC's to resume, the VC's putting pressure on the senate and deans, the Deans mounting pressure on the HOD's, the HOD's directing their lecturers. No man want to lose his/her job. This is still Nigeria.

My lecturer friend told me hold they were asked to sign the resumption memo or quit at UNIZIK few days back. They signed!

After all UNIZIK was not part of ASSU during Prof. Ilochi Okafor (SAN) and they survived and had a very stable calendar which made the school popular.

Prof. Egboka have to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by solelymade: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2013
Dis shld not be taken seriously, Oau ASUU chapter has not agreed to resume so kip dreaming. D skols site sef no gree open
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by ronia(f): 11:46am On Dec 05, 2013
Abeg joooo, uniport to resume, the ASUU section said strike continues, unijos, uniben, futo now OAU, abeg i tire for this news self. Mak them go rest joooo! Let this issue be settled amicably...
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by ronia(f): 11:50am On Dec 05, 2013
Harrisonn:

What's this one saying?? must you comment??
The guy is on point joooo!!!! Is u, I will even ask that question, let's call a spade a spade.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Harrisonn(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
ronia:
The guy is on point joooo!!!! Is u, I will even ask that question, let's call a spade a spade.

I guess you are not a student undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Lawfredsam(m): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
[/color][color=#000099]If this crap were to be true,I'd break ma jawsIf this crap were to be true,I'd break ma jawsIf this crap were to be true,I'd break ma jaws
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by Lawfredsam(m): 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
If it were to be true,Eportal wud have confirmed d@If it were to be true,Eportal wud have confirmed d@If it were to be true,Eportal wud have confirmed d@
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Resumes On The 8th Of December by roland2rule(m): 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lawfredsam: If it were to be true,Eportal wud have confirmed d@If it were to be true,Eportal wud have confirmed d@If it were to be true,Eportal wud have confirmed d@

Av u 4gotten that EPORTAL is on Strike since....OAU has given new students admission and EPORTAL is still saying no admission given yet....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Post The Name Of Your Secondary School Here / ASUU Strike; The Union Is Still Consulting Its Members / Nairaland Interschool Debate (entry Level)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.