Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:35 PM

Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana (9500 Views)

Two Arrested For $50,000 Internet Fraud (photo) / Two Arrested With Stolen Bus Inside Redeemed Camp (pictures) / Two Arrested In Ogun For Attempting To Exhume Corpse for rituals (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by oduaboy1: 6:57am On Dec 05, 2013
The Oyo State Police Command has intercepted a lorry with 646 bags of weed suspected to be marijuana. The police also arrested two suspects, David Ndidi and Toyin Adegoke, in connection with the discovery.
Commissioner of Police, Mohamed Ndabawa, said the command acted after intelligence was received on the activities of the suspects.
He said “On November 29, a consignment of weed suspected to be Indian hemp was packaged for conveyance in a truck at a cannabis plantation in Eleja village, near Akanran, Ibadan.
The police intercepted the truck with number plate, Lagos XR 967 JJJ. The value of the weed is N11m. Ndidi and Adegoke were arrested while the driver escaped from the scene. We are still making effort to arrest the rest of the people involved.”
Ndidi, 30, told our correspondent that he was an assistant to the driver of the vehicle and that he did not know that the bags of weed were marijuana.
“I was hired to assist the driver and my fee was N10,000. The bags were locked at the back of the vehicle and I did not suspect that they were marijuana. When police stopped us, he jumped and ran into the bush, but I waited because I did not suspect that we were transporting marijuana,” he said.
Toyin told our correspondent that she traded in orange and that she came from Ilorin to buy the fruit in the village when she was arrested.
She said, “I was buying oranges to be transported to Ilorin when I heard gunshots. I thought they were armed robbers, so I ran just as others did. But when I realised they were policemen, I stopped because I knew that I was doing legal business. But I was arrested despite the other man (Ndidi) telling them that I was not one of them. I appeal to the police to investigate the matter again and visit my house in Ilorin. I know nothing about marijuana and the man arrested in the truck,” she saidhttp://www.punchng.com/metro/two-arrested-with-n11m-marijuana/

1 Like

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by tattesco(m): 7:12am On Dec 05, 2013
If it makes front page. Space reserved
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by biafranqueen: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2013
shocked Toyin come on girl, so you couldn't smell anything? You just jump in truck for 10 grand without knowing what's up undecided
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by MonsieurCoder: 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by manover: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nor be their fault all na way to survive job nor dey d country grin grin
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by tspun(m): 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
you will explain beter when you get to the police station. Moveeeee. Our nigeria police na dat type them take they c dem.

1 Like

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Adesam09(m): 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ok
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Evablazze(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ledem go joor, Na govt Houx dem dey transport d Weed to.
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by akereconfi: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
see weed
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by busky101(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Marijuana has never ever done me wrong
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Ismahill(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Igbo 11 milla.y una smuggle am na.u 4 collect paper 4rm custom.
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by ibkgab001: 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
Weed scarcity to happen in Ibadan within next 3 months ... Wow AFam,Pagan,okiki google 66 no more badcomment on nairanland again because you alway got high before you coment on here

1 Like

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Yujin(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
manover: Nor be their fault all na way to survive job nor dey d country grin grin
True talk bro! Lol, all na hussling.
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
Holy mari Juanna. 11m??

BTW, I think the sale and consumption of the "holy weed" shouldn't be illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by ExpressBooking(m): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
biafranqueen: shocked Toyin come on girl, so you couldn't smell anything? You just jump in truck for 10 grand without knowing what's up undecided
Can't you read her statement well before commenting? She said she was not not on the damn truck. I don't even trust the Nigerian Police, there is every possibility they took her to make up their stories. Also it iOS equally possible she is an accomplice but all accused persons are innocent until proven guilty by a competent court of law. At least that was what we were told.

3 Likes

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Meanwhile, This afternoon in my crib.....

2 Likes

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2013
Spiderman

cool
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by kliq(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mary jane

cool

1 Like

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by ichommy(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
O boy see ewe of life, see as den load am like xmas rice.
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by jayAjoku(m): 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
why why all that weed Gone ... cry embarassed sha we know how far for stories like this na either na reps dia weed. Or na presidency get am.. Police gas chop national moi moi too na grin grin grin D;
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by engrj(m): 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nigeria police aka olokpa aka akalebe aka ak good job for u guyx to arrest and surrender guds wath 11 milla mehn I believe in nija kpolice sorry police but arresting innocent people is not de best anyhow shall wen sometin like happen every go dey claim inno.
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
They must release them.

What wrong have they done? angry
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by iamroyal(m): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
some ppl r following d woman from ha village sef, hw can she b arrested as an on looker. Naija I hail thee
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by IAMBREEZY: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wow weeds
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by sisiafrika(f): 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
I love me some Cannabis sativa; its good for the blood.

2 Likes

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
Why arrest people for selling a natural plant, made by God for the benefit of man

Legalize it, dont criticize it, i will advertise it, and you must patronize it!! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Xmas weed. Police don hammer. Somebody sweat don go. Scarcity of weed in the whole west. I know boys will augment from Edo sharp sharp! Lol

2 Likes

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
I smell, igbo smokers..

Smh for y'all!
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by nairaman66(m): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2013
Na only Weed mata dem dey get Tip Off? Nigerian Police.. Make una use una brain ooO! Na people highness una seize for there grin
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Mystiqme: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
This one na collabo o. lipsrsealed. Where are the tribalists now?

3 Likes

Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ibadan police don hammer cheesy cheesy
Re: Two Arrested With 11m Marijuana by GentleFrank(m): 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
They should go in for it !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Motorcycle Thieves Captured In Delta By Vigilante [PHOTOS] / Gov. Abubakar Audu Assaults Wife, Abandons Family In Usa ( Pictures) / Kano Police Arrest Man Over Colleague’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.