Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

New Customs Clearing Charges - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / New Customs Clearing Charges (571 Views)

IMPORT DUTY CHECK here / CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Customs Clearing Charges by ExpressBooking(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2013
I have been thinking recently countless times how Nigerians at large are going to cope with the revised Customs clearing charges for Fully Built Units FBU's of New and used cars effective January 1st 2014. The FG has reviewed the charges upwards to 70% from an initial 20% claiming it will encourage local manufacturers and attract new foreign investors. But from my viewpoint I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense rather it will increase the incidence of of tax(import duties,levies and VAT) on the common man.
It is obvious that we will continue to patronize companies like Toyota,Mercedes, Honda,Nissan,BMW etc whose products we have known and trusted. It is bad enough we don't have their Assembly and manufacturing plants here due to our unstable government policies, epileptic power supply and to mention but a few. The Average Nigerian works hard enough to earn his money and will only exchange it for an equivalent value.
My questions are;
1. Do you think this new policy will achieve the aim of the Government or will it end up fleecing Nigerians of more money?
2. Do you think you can buy a brand new Innoson jeep 2013 model for 3,500,000 Naira or preferably buy a foreign used Toyota Highlander 2009 or Mercedes Benz ML350 2009 for the same amount?
3. Do you think Government and its ministries and parastatals will continue to Buy Innoson jeep and pick ups, geely CK, TEC (Thermocool Enginnering Company) vehicles, for their operations and use at various Government houses,offices and etc.

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2002 Mercedes ML 320 / Super Clean Nigerian Used 2005 Toyota Camry Se / Nissan Saloon 2.0 #300,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.