Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,880 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? (530 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / I Wonder If These Are Found In Quran / What Jesus Taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? by nora544: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
How about Matthew 23? To the crowds today He might say: The pastors and elders sit as chosen leaders of My church... "So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach." And as in Matthew 24, Jesus might say this regarding all the grand church buildings: “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.” And maybe He might finish up with a strong warning: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? by nanauju(f): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
I wonder why u re wondering undecided.....mtcheew. U better rearrange ur thinking faculty and 'judge not lest ye be judge'. And to think u even opened a thread on judging pple, yet u open ur mouth to talk about churches in Nigeria. You better go back to the people that sent u o because the Anointing of God in Nigeria will be too hot for u to step ur feet here. Yeye, you are not even worth my data bundle
Re: I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
A good question.

As a person of Jewish extraction Jesus would likely not set foot in any of these dens of iniquity masquerading as churches. He would look for the nearest synagogue, he would probably not share a meal unless it was kosher. I have doubts about whether or not he would identify with the sharp suited tongue-twisting clowns who pass for ministers in these places. Lastly i doubt he could make head or tail of the prosperity theology propagated in his name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? by lepasharon(f): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
I think he will blow it up
Re: I Wonder What Jesus Would Say About The Church Institution in Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 31, 2014
He would first look at the Sprawling buildings called churches and say: House of The Lord? "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:" Acts 7:48

He would say the following of the pastors in Nigeria:

"They have tragically sold out to THE LOVE OF MONEY" 1st Timothy 6:10

"They are dogs with mighty appetites; they never have enough. They are shepherds who lack understanding; they all turn to their own way, they seek their own gain." Isaiah 56:11

Jesus would then reiterate these warnings to Nigerians: “Do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.” (Matthew 23:3-4).

Therefore, Jesus would charge to the redeemed to redeem others: “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues.” (Matthew 10:16-17).

(1) (Reply)

To Remain Holy,you Must Reduce The Rate At Which You Listen To Radio / Power Of The Tongue? Read How Two Friends Died Within Days Of Each Other / Rhapsody Of Realities Wednesday, December 11th 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.