Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

Headies Awards 2013 Nominations - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Headies Awards 2013 Nominations (1241 Views)

The Headies Awards 2015/2016 Full Show [part 1 & 2 Videos] / Photos: Wizkid Walks Out Of Headies Awards In Anger / The Headies Awards 2014: Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Dygeasy(m): 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
The 2013 Headies awards have announced their nominees for the award ceremony and Olamide caps off his brilliant year with a total of 8 nomination (included is his tune Durosoke in the producer category).
Also bagging multiple nods is RnB songstress Waje with 3 nominations, Davido with 5, Iyanya with 4 and new comers Seyi Shay and Sen Tizzle also grabbing a couple of nods.
Strangely missing from this year’s list is Tiwa Savage who by all accounts has had a pretty good year.
Year under review March 2012 – June 2013

BEST RECORDING OF THE YEAR

A non-voting category for the best single recording by an artiste or group in year under review.
1.I WISH – WAJE
2.GOOD MORNING – BRYMO
3.NATURAL SOMETHING – SOUND SULTAN
4.THIS YEAR – JAYWON

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR

An individual responsible for producing the most acclaimed song or album in the year under review.
1.PHEELZ – DUROSOKE
2.DTUNES – SHO LEE
3.DEL B – LIMPOPO
4.LERIQ – LIKE TO PARTY
5.LEGENDURY BEATS – EMI NI BALLER

BEST MUSIC VIDEO

A voting category for the best conceptualist, best directed and most exciting video in the year under review. This award goes to the video director.
1.ALINGO – JUDE OKOYE/CLARENCE PETERS
2.OLIVER TWIST – SESAN
3.GAGA CRAZY – AJE FILM WORKS
4.AZONTO– MOE MUSA
5.YES/NO – CLARENCE PETERS

BEST R&B/POP ALBUM

A category for the best R&B/Pop Album in the year under review (by single individual or group).
1.IYANYA VS. DESIRE – IYANYA
2.O.B.O. – DAVIDO
3.R&BW – BANKYW
4.BLESSED – FLAVOUR
5.AWAY & BEYOND – 2FACE

BEST R&B SINGLE

A category for the best R&B single in year under review (by single individual or group).
1.DON’T LET GO – CAPITAL FEMI
2.GOOD GOOD LOVING – BANKYW
3.LIKE TO PARTY – BURNA BOY
4.RICH & FAMOUS – PRAIZ
5.OMOTE – ESE PETERS

BEST POP SINGLE

A category for the best pop single in year under review (by single individual or group)
1.IHE NE ME – 2FACE
2.The KICK – WANDE COAL FT DON JAZZY
3.GOBE – DAVIDO
4.CATCHING COLD – TUNDE EDNUT
5.UR WAIST – IYANYA
6.GOODY BAG – D’PRINCE

BEST REGGAE/DANCEHALL SINGLE

A category for the best Reggae/Dancehall single in year under review (by single individual or group).
1.I WISH – WAJE
2.RIHANNA – OREZI
3.GIVE IT TO ME – GENERAL PYPE
4.GO DOWN – BABA DEE

BEST RAP ALBUM

A Non-Voting Category for the Best Album By A Rap Artiste Or Group In Year Under Review.
1.OGA BOSS – ILL BLISS
2.THE SECOND COMING – VECTOR
3.YBNL – OLAMIDE
4.BOOK OF RAP STORIES – REMINISCE

BEST COLLABO

A voting category for the best R&B, Pop or Hip-hop collaborative track (including cameos).
1.GHOST MODE – PHYNO FT. OLAMIDE
2.TONY MONTANA (REMIX) – NAETO C FT. D’BANJ
3.BADDEST BOY – EME FT. WIZKID, SKALES & BANKYW
4.EZIOKU – LYNXXX FT. IKECHUWKU, ILL BLISS & PHYNO
5.EMI NI BALLER – CHIDINMA FT. SUSPECT & ILL BLISS
6.BABY MI DA (REMIX) – DR. VICTOR OLAIYA FT. 2FACE

BEST RAP SINGLE

A voting category for a single (released on-air) recording of a rap.
1.MAN OF THE YEAR – PHYNO
2.ANAM ACHI KWANU – ILL BLISS FT. PHYNO
3.DUROSOKE – OLAMIDE
4.2 MUSSHH – REMINISCE
5.GHOST MODE – PHYNO FT OLAMIDE

BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE (MALE)

A non-voting category for the single male artiste with the most outstanding vocal performance on a single song or album.
1.RICH AND FAMOUS – PRAIZ
2.OMOTE – ESE PETERS
3.DON’T LET GO – CAPITAL FEMI
4.YES/NO – BANKYW

BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE (FEMALE)

A non-voting category for the single female artiste with most outstanding vocal performances on a single song or album.
1.I WISH – WAJE
2.TOH BAD – NIYOLA
3.IRAWO - SEYI SHAY
4.TOTALLY YOURS – ZAINA
5.ONLY YOU – NIKKI LAOYE

NEXT RATED

This category is a voting category for the most promising upcoming officially unreleased (or signed) act in the year under review.
1.SEAN TIZZLE
2.DAMMY KRANE
3.BURNA BOY
4.SEYI SHAY
5.PHYNO

HIP HOP WORLD REVELATION

A voting category for the best new artiste in the year under review.
1.W.A.J.E – WAJE
2.OMO BABA OLOWO – DAVIDO
3.FRENZY – D’PRINCE
4.THE YEAR OF R’N’B – CAPITAL FEMI

LYRICIST ON THE ROLL

A non-voting category for the Rap Artiste with the best lyrical depth and performance on a single song or album.
1.OLAMIDE – VOICE OF THE STREETS
2.BOOGEY – SANCTUM
3.MODE 9 – LET IT GO
4.PHYNO – MAN OF THE YEAR

Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Dygeasy(m): 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
BEST STREET-HOP ARTISTE

A voting category for the artiste whose songs are inspired by the streets. Such song should captain lingua, which may also be originated by the artiste and popular on the street.

1.TERRY G – RUN MAD
2.DUROSOKE – OLAMIDE
3.MY DEAR – DAMMY KRANE
4.SKIBO – SOLID STAR
5.ALAYE – LKT

*.BEST ‘ALTERNATIVE’ SONG

A voting category for the artiste whose songs reflect any form or style of music which falls outside the mainstream of recent or past popular musical trends.
1.REPETE – BLACKMAGIC
2.OMO PASTOR – AJEBUTTER FT. BOJ
3.FEEL ALRIGHT – SHOW DEM CAMP FT. BOJ & POE
4.THIS YEAR – JAYWON

*.ALBUM OF THE YEAR

A voting category for the best album (solo or group) in year under review, that meets judges requirements of excellence (in every realm: Songwriting, production, rendition and promotion) and acceptability (Sales and popularity).

1.IYANYA VS. DESIRE– IYANYA
2.O.B.O. – DAVIDO
3.R&BW – BANKYW
4.BLESSED – FLAVOUR
5.YBNL – OLAMIDE

*.ARTISTE OF THE YEAR

Most critically and commercially adjudged artiste in the year under review. Overall most successful artiste for the year under review.

1.IYANYA
2.DAVIDO
3.WIZKID
4.FLAVOUR
5.OLAMIDE
6.ICE PRINCE

*.SONG OF THE YEAR

A voting category for the most popular song in the year under review. This category is usually decided by voting.

1.DUROSOKE – OLAMIDE
2.UR WAIST – IYANYA
3.ALINGO – P-SQUARE
4.SHO LEE – SEAN TIZZLE
5.LIMPOPO – KCEE

*.BEST AFRICAN ARTISTE

A non-Nigerian award category for an individual African artiste with the most outstanding album and astonishing achievements in year under review.

1.R2BEES
2.MAFIKIZOLO
3.LIQUID DEEP
4.SARKODIE
5.MICASA

HALL OF FAME

Special recognition for excellence and outstanding impact to the entertainment industry.
ONYEKA ONWENU
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Waspy(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
Are these our bests? undecided Only few guys are repping wella... Praiz is on Pt with Rich and Famous. This track can lock horns with any Bruno Mars' skit. Asides this, i don't see any other Grammies'material on dem list sad
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by demelza: 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
What is Dbanj's Oliver twist doing in the video of the year category? Isnt the headies about songs released in the award year?
Na naija awards, so Im not surprised.
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Alikaxon(m): 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
gudluck to dem
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Airforce1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nice one

@Phyno's Man of the year single.
Madt Song. smiley
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by RedCard1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Record of the year should go to Waje. "I wish" is a nice song. Do we even have R&B singers in Nigeria? No! Listen to Climax by Usher, Heart Attack by Trey Songz or Adorn by Miguel....these are R&B songs not the Kukere kinda songs. I don't still get the hype on that Durosoke song. It's so annoying. What is Oliver Twist doing there? Alingo is even included? Na wa o. Ihe ne me by 2face shouldn't get any award. Brymo should better win something because he's good but underrated. Sean Tizle shouldn't have been there. Eminado by Tiwa Savage should have joined the record of the year category cos it's a hit and not so bad. Limpopo by KCEE is there? That trashy song shouldn't have been nominated in the first place.
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by RedCard1(m): 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2013
Waspy: Are these our bests? undecided Only few guys are repping wella... Praiz is on Pt with Rich and Famous. This track can lock horns with any Bruno Mars' skit. Asides this, i don't see any other Grammies'material on dem list sad
well said. Olamide's voices of the streets should win the best rap lyrics category though.
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Forzap: 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
Cant believe dis!!Producer of d year nd SHIZZI is missin angry
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by ajasa4link: 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
olamide will win at least 5 awards...this year is definitely 200OLAMIDE ...I think YBNL should be the album of the year as well as Rap album of the year,almost all the songs on it were hits... Ghost mode is the collabo of the year no doubt and olamide artiste of the year, best street hop surely belongs to durosoke ....I see phyno winning the lyricist on the roll . olamide was shortchanged by nominating durosoke instead of fvcking with the devil for rap single of the year Co's durosoke is not that tight as a rap song. so I think phyno's obago will be the rap song of the year....What the fvck is Oliver twist doing in the list?....
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Dygeasy(m): 7:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Na So
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by adesexy(m): 9:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Pls my fellow nigerians..where can i download full bollywood movies on my fone??tank u all
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Dygeasy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
adesexy: Pls my fellow nigerians..where can i download full bollywood movies on my fone??tank u all
undecided
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2013
rubbish list jorh...oliver twist,tony montana and alingo are old songs na don't dey have wat to nominate?were is Ada Ada by flavour undecided.and wats rihanna abi na shakira doin dere,Gosh I so much hate dat guy and remiscence!dey are d worst musicians on here!rubbish,,,dey just too rugged and local pffft!..
Re: Headies Awards 2013 Nominations by Dygeasy(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Booty butt chic: rubbish list jorh...oliver twist,tony montana and alingo are old songs na don't dey have wat to nominate?were is Ada Ada by flavour undecided.and wats rihanna abi na shakira doin dere,Gosh I so much hate dat guy and remiscence!dey are d worst musicians on here!rubbish,,,dey just too rugged and local pffft!..
Relax smiley. Take Some Water

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO - Miley Cyrus Gives Santa The Twerk!! / Sound Sultan Shows Off His Family / Kanu Nwankwo’s Wife, Amara And Daughter Looking Cute In Matching Outfits | Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.