Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Don't Watch This 9 Minute Video If You Have Holy Anger Problems. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Watch This 9 Minute Video If You Have Holy Anger Problems. (582 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / The Danger Of Christian Zionism - Parts 1 ( Initial 10 minute video ) / Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Watch This 9 Minute Video If You Have Holy Anger Problems. by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Don't Watch This 9 Minute Video If You Have Holy Anger Problems. by Goshen360(m): 4:26am On Dec 06, 2013
We are not done with this stomach inspired gospel, we will fight the good fight of faith to the end.

When Church people read: "I will build my Church...", they tend to be misguided that Christ was talking about physical structure because of the word, "build". In that context, build is the Greek word, oikodomeō and it means (metaphorically) to found, establish, to promote growth in Christian wisdom, affection, grace, virtue, holiness, blessedness, to grow in wisdom and piety.

The word Church is the Greek word, ekklēsia and it doesn't mean BUILDING but the called out. So we understand Christ wasn't talking about building physical structure but building the people he had called out. When preachers misguide people, collecting tithes to build structure and calling that structure "church", it sound good but it is error because tithe was never collected to build any tabernacle or building from scriptures, it was meant to take care of people.

Besides, I will build my church doesn't apply to collecting tithe and to build structures, it means and Christ means, the ministry gifts he gave to the church to build the church up to maturity and growth.

New Living Translation
Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. Ephesians 4:11-12

Therefore, from Ephesians 4, above, we understand what Christ was saying - to BUILD, to equip God's PEOPLE...not building and TO BUILD the Church, THE BODY OF CHRIST, the called out, the ekklēsia.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Reveletion For 2014 By Pastor A.c Awe Of Assemblies Of Christ Decsiple Churc / Allah Is Zionist / The Good News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.