Stats: 3,160,466 members, 7,843,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue (4619 Views)

Wizkid And Linda Ikeji Reconcile / Toke Makinwa And Maje Ayida's Reconciliation: Fans Blast Toke / Back On? Toke Makinwa And Hubby Maje Ayida Step Out For The Future Awards 2015 (2) (3) (4)

This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by Flirtyfemi: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2013
This article was written by 9ice's ex wife, Toni Payne...enjoy!
Let me start by saying, we sometimes avoid those touchy subjects because we wish to avoid “drama” but Cyber Bullying is one concept it seems we are yet to get a full grasp on its consequences. Currently, in America there is a full campaign launched against bullying in general, where different celebs have been actively campaigning to stop bullying. We have seen cases of young ones committing suicide because they couldn’t handle the bullying. I pray and hope things don’t get this far in my motherland, although I suspect it may have and we just don’t document it as much.
There is a blog very notable for nasty comments, in fact more people visit the blog because of its comments than its content. The blog is owned and run by a lady named Linda. Please keep in mind, I have nothing against her, she is a hard working lady who has made a name for herself, but I also wont for the sake of status not call a spade a spade. I am not singling her out just for the sake of it, but she just happens to be the 2nd party involved in the issue I want to discuss.
I will make my case based on my observations about her blog or her (it gets confusing seeing as she approves the comments that make public view so if she wasn’t ok with it, we probably wouldn’t see it). You are probably asking yourself, as long as its not me being targeted, why should I be concerned? guess what, it is all of our business because God forbid what is being seen as “ok” now, may affect you someday.
Aside from being a simple to read source for news, overtime, the blog has grown into some sort of “haven” for anonymous commenters who wish to pour out the darkness inside them all in the name of commenting about others. They have even taken it several notches up and attack each other. Today, I saw tweets to the effect that Toke Makinwa was being attacked on a certain blog. One of the retweets took me to the source and my heart was like, something has to be said. If it changes something, fine. If it doesn’t, that’s fine too.
What I noted was that the past few days has seen blogger Linda hammer on and on about Toke’s Relationship breaking up, or posting a reference to being engaged for too long, or posting pictures of the babe calling it ”stunning” in her usual sarcastic style, and allowing her readers do the rest. When I mean “the rest” I am talking about the outright nasty, vicious, malicious comments posted about this lady from people who do not even know her. Lets not forget some past commenters who would even claim to know the subject personally and proceed to post “personal” information about the person.. if they are lies, we do not know, but we still get to watch the defamation go on and all these are approved by the blog owner.
Toke may not say anything because she wishes to appear strong and non chalant, but damn, she isn’t made of steel and has blood in her veins and emotions like we all do. Last time I checked, most people that have been a victim of cyber bullying such as this are human too. Also, there is no age restriction on these blogs so your kids are reading and learning. To those who make these comments its “fun”, but when does fun turn into torment and emotional abuse?

Toke and I are not close friends so I have nothing to gain from defending her except calling a spade a spade. Everything beyond and above this point is my opinion and analysis of the situation. If I am wrong, my apologies in advance but I seriously doubt ill be far from the truth.
In my opinion I feel she(Linda) put Toke under the “hate” radar simply because she(Toke) made a statement on her radio show that “Linda was not a role model”.
Linda took it very personal because she took to her blog to post one long epistle about bla bla bla.
After that, its been Toke this, Toke that, knowing full well the type of readers she has and the type of comments it will generate (its like the same olD thing, different person).. ahh ahhh.
If Toke doesn’t see Linda as a role mode, She (Toke) is entitled to her opinion and as long as she was not abusive when she said it, I see no harm in that. So why take it so personal to the point of being vindictive?
You see, the irony in the comment Toke made is that, by constantly putting her under attack from her readers, she is indirectly proving Toke right. I sure as hell would not want my child seeing someone who promotes hate as a role model and I am sure neither would you. Like I said, this trend did not start today, its been ongoing and has easily become what her blog is known for. Lets not get into the “Failed Model” comment from Tonto Dike that got Tonto 1st place “lets verbally bash her” position. At least Tonto can rest small as it seems Toke is the hot new “lets verbally bash her” in town.
If someone is having personal issues, offer words of support and move on, if she likes going to parties, free her because she is using her legs and not yours. If she wants to vlog about her life, take what you can from it and keep it moving. Try and distinct constructive comments from vicious ones. Try to distinct funny from wicked.
From the little I know about her, Toke Makinwa is a sweet lady. She is friendly, funny and down to earth so it leaves me wondering, what all these people raining hurtful abuses about her stand to gain. Even if she is not all these things, if they don’t know her personally, what do they stand to gain? You want to know the answer? Absolutely NOTHING!. They comment, laugh, and move on. To them its entertainment but to the person who is being picked on, its not close to funny. When it becomes a family member, its not close to funny. If it is your child someday, it will not be close to funny.
With that said, I hope people search their conscience before they comment. If not, no problem. We can’t see you as anonymous but God knows how its going down. Please keep in mind, I know some will try to make a mountain out of a molehill about what I just wrote no be today una don dey do am, I will not engage you so don’t waste your time. ps:Its easy to say American blogs do it to, but I ask, why must we copy the negative
Lastly if Linda decides to post another one of her “epistles” simply because I have said something a lot of people who smile in her face and a lot of celebrities, say behind her back. Its all good, free world. I write not to offend anyone. I understand that the truth can sometimes be a bitter pill to swallow. All the same, its all love.
I have had some deep discussions about this wieht a few big name celebrities and hopefully, as the years progress, something can be done to see a big reduction in cyber bullying. Lets aspire to love more and hate less.
sorry for the long post, if there are any typos or grammatical errors, sorry for that too. God Bless
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/12/cyber-bullying-this-toke-makinwa-and.html

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by demelza: 9:44am On Dec 06, 2013
What is all this long epistle for?
Since Toke decided to put herself in the eye of the public, she should also bear the infamy that comes with it.

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by homesteady(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2013
Can this toyin payn or whatever her name is STFU! Is she jealous that she is not as successful as linda?
She says linda is not a role model, is she also a role model? A failed wife who couldn't keep her marriage! Sleeping with her husband friend! Shame! Toni! You are a disgrace to womanhood!
I hope linda doesn't give her the attention she badly seeks for! If Linda doesn't paste those hate comments on her blog, won't the toke still see them on Nairaland? So what difference does it make? The toni can as well write a long epistle talking about seun and nairaland because there are many people who don't like toke here! Including me!

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
homesteady: Can this toyin payn or whatever her name is STFU! Is she jealous that she is not as successful as linda?
She says linda is not a role model, is she also a role model? A failed wife who couldn't keep her marriage! Sleeping with her husband friend! Shame! Toni! You are a disgrace to womanhood!
I hope linda doesn't give her the attention she badly seeks for! If Linda doesn't paste those hate comments on her blog, won't the toke still see them on Nairaland? So what difference does it make? The toni can as well write a long epistle talking about seun and nairaland because there are many people who don't like toke here! Including me!
idiot! So Linda is more successful than tony payn!! Cow!! U better think b4 u write!!! Am sure u didn't read all through d post!!! Stupid idiot!!

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by homesteady(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
skaksuzzy: idiot! So Linda is more successful than tony payn!! Cow!! U better think b4 u write!!! Am sure u didn't read all through d post!!! Stupid idiot!!
#Post of the day! SMH!
How on earth will you compare linda with toni? What is she known for? 9ice ex-wife and former olamide(when he was not popular) manager? undecided
Linda has the most successful blog in Nigeria! So who's more successful? undecided
BTW all the insults you dash me, back to sender!

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2013

Wow, I can't believe I finished this .

I think the writer is a learner.
If everyone talk of the positive , who will talk of the nagative.
Off to Linda's blog, make it join the gossip. cool
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by phykel(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
This used and dump 'wife' shld go take a bak seat. Toke has earned for herself what she got. Linda is doing her job gossip its called. Payne is nt a model needless of a role. Slept wif his husband frnd. Linda has the biggest blog in Nigeria today. Toke shld change her ways and nt jumping frm one pari to another. Evrywhr u go.
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by Dannylux: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
skaksuzzy: idiot! So Linda is more successful than tony payn!! Cow!! U better think b4 u write!!! Am sure u didn't read all through d post!!! Stupid idiot!!

Your comment is clouded by sentiments. I don't even know who this damned lady is by the way. And suddenly her opinion matters?
I trust Linda to ignore the shyte outta the attention-seeking mofo!
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by ifyalways(f): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
First of,I neither visit Linda's blog nor know/read of(excluding nld) any of the ladies involved BUT my honest opinion is :
If you can't deal with the heat,don't get into the kitchen!

Sooo,all the yeyebrities should SUCK it up. It comes with the terrain. You want enjoy all the endorsement deals,freebies that comes with being famous(an end product of people talking about you) but you no want carry the lies and insults that comes with it? E no go work!

Chioma Chukwuka V Gene- who has got more money,fame,freebies,insults and gossips following her?

Btw,if they wanna see REAL gobe they should check yahoo comments on anything Kanye and Kim. Lol
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by bosslife850: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
demelza: What is all this long epistle for?
Since Toke decided to put herself in the eye of the public, she should also bear the infamy that comes with it.

I totally understand Toni's point but I must say Toke brought the war to her doorstep..
You can't just go to the forest and wake up a sleeping tiger.. That's what Toke did.
I understand that to her Linda isn't a role model but she should have keep that to herself. Word!
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by tpia5: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
For how long do the two of them (ie the ladies in the photo who are being discussed here) want to be rocking this their single life?

Or are they fighting over a man perhaps?

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by Harmvirus(f): 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Seconded!
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by alosiby92(f): 5:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
In my opinion, Toni has a point.. Opinions on Linda Ikeji are evidence of cyber bullying and in some cases, her portrayal of people seems to sway public mindset. There are always two sides to a story. Toni herself may have as well been a victim..
The above post, in my opinion, was not about who is more successful.. Rather its about keeping beef off the web and using the Internet to bully people; celebrities or otherwise... After all, we are all humans with feelings and words sting..

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by blesoh(f): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Her blogging is all abt gossips,dis days its Toke this,Toke dat,its too much.is she d only blogger?
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by EntertainingAf: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
don't you ever talk about my boss Ms. Payne like that. Do you know her well to know if she slept with her husbands friend. I am not surprised that you support the lady because you are a lie peddler too. God will judge you for accusing my boss of something she did not do..

homesteady: Can this toyin payn or whatever her name is STFU! Is she jealous that she is not as successful as linda?

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by homesteady(m): 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
EntertainingAf: don't you ever talk about my boss Ms. Payne like that. Do you know her well to know if she slept with her husbands friend. I am not surprised that you support the lady because you are a lie peddler too. God will judge you for accusing my boss of something she did not do..

grin how am I a lie peddler? grin
How did your madam know that linda is always talking about toke on her blog so that her readers will insult her?
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by EntertainingAf: 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
You are a lie peddler because you said she slept with her husbands friend when she did not. That sir, makes you liar. You insult people without basis or proof. Karma is real and I know it will get you someday. You Nigerians say a coconut with water does not make noise, because Toni does not brag about her success doesn't mean anything. I work for her and I am based in the states she employed a few of us here. I am in charge of cyber promotion. How many people has the successful Ms. Ikeji given jobs? Ms. Payne is a very nice humble lady, she relates with us like her sisters. she is a poet and she has investments in Nigeria that brings her income too so she does not need to shout up and down about how much she is making. Just know all of us are ready to defend her if you try it.

homesteady:
grin how am I a lie peddler? grin
How did your madam know that linda is always talking about toke on her blog so that her readers will insult her?

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by yuzedo: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
I suppoth whoever have the biggest boobsie!!! angryangryangry

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by MsSpaqs(f): 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
Homesteady I have nothing against You but I have noticed that anything concerning Linda Ikeji you always flare up.Lets keep sentiments aside Toni has a point Linda is Naija's no 1 blogger no argument with her influence she can stop CYBER BULLYiNG.Simple which I think that's the point Toni is trying 2 make

Ps: This is not a Linda/Toni war.Most people seem to be missing the point of the article

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by Fkforyou(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
alosiby92: In my opinion, Toni has a point.. Opinions on Linda Ikeji are evidence of cyber bullying and in some cases, her portrayal of people seems to sway public mindset. There are always two sides to a story. Toni herself may have as well been a victim..
The above post, in my opinion, was not about who is more successful.. Rather its about keeping beef off the web and using the Internet to bully people; celebrities or otherwise... After all, we are all humans with feelings and words sting..
Gbam......thats the point..every body has their yield point,that toke might be forming hard girl but sometimes those words get to her...linda is just too focus on making cheese that she don't care about her reputation or that of her blog,her blog is just full of bullys,they kip insulting each other that they sometimes forget wat the topic is about.

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by crackhaus: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
*very strong long hissss* undecided angry

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by homesteady(m): 8:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
EntertainingAf: You are a lie peddler because you said she slept with her husbands friend when she did not. That sir, makes you liar. You insult people without basis or proof. Karma is real and I know it will get you someday. You Nigerians say a coconut with water does not make noise, because Toni does not brag about her success doesn't mean anything. I work for her and I am based in the states she employed a few of us here. I am in charge of cyber promotion. How many people has the successful Ms. Ikeji given jobs? Ms. Payne is a very nice humble lady, she relates with us like her sisters. she is a poet and she has investments in Nigeria that brings her income too so she does not need to shout up and down about how much she is making. Just know all of us are ready to defend her if you try it.

Please can you tell us what led to the crashing of her marriage?
You call her a nice lady? Which type of nice lady just wakes up one morning and decides to twist fact to favour her attention seeking article? She said that linda has been posting toke pictures on her blog so that her readers will bully her! What sort of silly thought is this? Is toke the only celeb whose pictures get posted on linda's blog? So why is toke's case different?
How many people has she given jobs? I'll not know! But one thing I know for sure is that Linda has touched a million more lives than Toni! #Fact
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by IAMBREEZY: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
yuzedo: I suppoth whoever have the biggest boobsie!!! angryangryangry
i concur.
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by homesteady(m): 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Homesteady I have nothing against You but I have noticed that anything concerning Linda Ikeji you always flare up.Lets keep sentiments aside Toni has a point Linda is Naija's no 1 blogger no argument with her influence she can stop CYBER BULLYiNG.Simple which I think that's the point Toni is trying 2 make

Ps: This is not a Linda/Toni war.Most people seem to be missing the point of the article
Yea! I always come to her defence because she is always accused wrongly!
How will she stop cyber-bullying? By hiding all the comment in her blog? OK if she does that, will she also come to Nairaland and other websites to hide comments?
If you are popular, that's the price you have to pay! It can't be stopped my dear!
Even Yahoo can't control the insults celebs get, so why is everybody expecting linda to stop it?

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by MzLakore(f): 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
personally, i fink toni is very rite....she's nt sayin it for herself....we shuld learn to read wif understanding.........if finz continue lyk dis nt onli on linda's blog bt oda blogs......cyber bulling wil destroy alot of children

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by missBanks: 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
See What Tonto Dike's Breakfast Looks Like (Picture)
http://onubiyi..co.uk/2013/12/see-what-tonto-dikes-breakfast-looks.html
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by homesteady(m): 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
EntertainingAf please show your madam this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu5Oo23G67w&client=mv-google&gl=US&guid=&hl=en

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by DARREG(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
I am not particularly supporting anyone of them but toke just stated her opinion that "i dont think Linda Ikeji is a role model"(which is the view of many people around me) what i expected linda to have done was to ignore toke but she dissapointed me by giving her fans a platform to insult toke which i think is wrong...i just pray they sort out thier issues sha...u can also note dat after dat incident toke did not ever say anything bak to linda...i was only linda dat was replyn her!

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by EntertainingAf: 4:33am On Dec 07, 2013
how is her marriage your business or my business? how does it affect your life? Will it help you pay your rent? if you can answer that, I will answer you. Everyone except you and a few people who lack knowledge and reading skills know that is not what happened but it is obvious you don't like to read so I am wasting my time. How did she twist fact? It is obvious you did not read the article well or you read with a biased mind. Ms. Ikeji has done the same thing to Ms. Payne but she did not bring it up. If she wanted to twist stories she would have told everyone what Ms. Ikeji did to her, that would have made the lady look very bad but she did not. I do not want to argue with myopic minded people, I am leaving the office. goodbye

homesteady:
Please can you tell us what led to the crashing of her marriage?
You call her a nice lady? Which type of nice lady just wakes up one morning and decides to twist fact to favour her attention seeking article? She said that linda has been posting toke pictures on her blog so that her readers will bully her! What sort of silly thought is this? Is toke the only celeb whose pictures get posted on linda's blog? So why is toke's case different?
How many people has she given jobs? I'll not know! But one thing I know for sure is that Linda has touched a million more lives than Toni! #Fact

Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by tellwisdom: 5:13am On Dec 07, 2013
Op, please don't bring this issue to our face again. I beg you sad
Re: This Toke Makinwa And Linda Ikeji Issue by ammyluv2002(f): 7:06am On Dec 07, 2013
phykel: This used and dump 'wife' shld go take a bak seat. Toke has earned for herself what she got. Linda is doing her job gossip its called. Payne is nt a model needless of a role. Slept wif his husband frnd. Linda has the biggest blog in Nigeria today. Toke shld change her ways and nt jumping frm one pari to another. Evrywhr u go.
Lol @ Everywhere u go grin grin grin grin grin

“when Banky W Saw Me Nude” – Tiwa Savage Reveals Her Most Embarrassing Moment / Iya Gbonkan: The Most Scary Gorgon In The Horrific World Of Nollywood / Frodd Shares First Photo After Bbnaija Show And Female Fans Are Drooling (photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83