Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do (723 Views)

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me / Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. / Place Of Birth, On A Serious Note: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by Cayon(f): 2:00am On Jul 27, 2008
Ok, there is this white guy on my job who called himself a Christian. He walks with his bible and puts it on his desk.

About 2 years ago he made a remark and said "if my daughter had to smile when she got back from vacation for me to recognize her"  I thought about reporting him to HR but he apologized I let it go.

A couple of us had a conversation about slavery and he passed a remark saying he has a South Afrikan friend who owned slaves in the 70s.  After that, I kept my eye on him as a racist.

This dude pretends to be nice when the bosses are around but when they are not in sight he is a hater.

The other white folks in my group knows he is a "snake" but only talks behind his back.  One said he is an instigator.  Our team leader sees him as a liar and keep saying "i don;t like the way he talks to me"

Now, in his corrupted mind, he thinks that I should'nt be on certain projects so he finds a way to be on the project too.  Sometimes when the boss ask me a question, before I can answer, he butts in.

At times, I feel like giving him an "F" but the Goodness in me don't allow me to swear.

Tell me,  how do I deal with this situation.  I must be honest that I pray to God to give me strength to deal with this guy who I see as a racist.

Tell me.  do I continue to pray to God knowing He'll bring me through or should i tell him "piece of my mind?

Oh, i thought about telling him to read Psalms 119 vs 9
Re: On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by Gamine(f): 3:00am On Jul 27, 2008
i do think you should confront him.

if it goes in another direction, just leave the whole thing to God.
Re: On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54am On Jul 27, 2008
You are doing the right thing by praying for him. Gamine's advise to confront him is also good but do that in love, he may be unaware of his attitude especially if he calls himself a Christian. Let him know what he has been doing that you do not like. But if he continues this attitude get a diary and note the incidences with dates and report him to his superior, that is, the manager above him using the documentation and your witnessess.

Above all, don't forget Jesus' injunction that we should love those who hate us and pray for those who despitefully use us and believe God to take care of the matter. Make sure you forgive him from your heart and do the right things as I have suggested above.

Shalom
Re: On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by tpia: 6:33am On Jul 27, 2008
what is his own genealogy. If you start from there, you'll have an idea how to respond to him.

ie, instead of just seeing him as "white", do some homework and start a discussion about his ancestors. Find out where they were originally from.
Re: On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by cescky(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2008
Gamine:

i do think you should confront him.

Above all, don't forget Jesus' injunction that we should love those who hate us and pray for those who despitefully use us and believe God to take care of the matter. Make sure you forgive him from your heart

the next step, report him because u may not be the only one hes been disturbing so ur report may just nail him finally or at least it will enable manegement keep an eye on him

finally just ignore his existence,he whom annoys u conquers u
Re: On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by Cayon(f): 12:29am On Jul 28, 2008
Thanks all. I'll take each and everyone of you advise. Alos, reading the responses has soften my soul.

@tpia, he is Irish decendants
Re: On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by Cayon(f): 2:40am On Jul 30, 2008
heheheheeee. Guess what?

They hired a young black guy to be our team leader

And guess where he from?

Yep, Nigeria. . . . . . . . . . hahahahahahaaa. You should see dem red neck faces

this is just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny
Re: On a Serious Note - Tell Me What To Do by Gamine(f): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2008
ha ha

(1) (Reply)

Marathon For Christ / Inspiring Miracles Are Happening Live! / The Interpretation Of Your Creation Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.