Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! (823 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Why Arsenal And Man Utd Never Sign Nigerian Players? / World Cup 2010 - North Korean Football Team Shamed In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! by kenzspunpy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
WHY ARSENAL DOUBTERS WILL BE SHAMED!
Arsenal's brilliant season so far has generated a lot of feelings and reactions. For majority of Arsenal fans, it's something to cheer about after 7 dreadful trophyless campaigns. For Arsenal haters, especially most Chelshit, Manshitty and Red devils, it's a temporary thing that will soon fade off. As a full blooded gunner, I can only laugh and relish the moment. This piece is an attempt to put an insight into why Arsenal remains a serious contender for the premier league this season.

For me, it is not a coincidence that Arsenal is topping the premier league and indeed a champions league group comprising of Borrusia Dortmund(last seasons's runners up), Napoli and Olympic Marseille. So many haters said Arsenal will not even qualify from this group! The question is, why is this so? Why is Arsenal in a commanding position at the EPL and dreadful Champions league group? I will explain this by highlighting why Arsenal has faltered in the past seven harrowing, trophy-less seasons. Many would agree that Arsenal faltered due to the following reasons;

(1) Each season, the club lost its best players; Viera, Gilberto, Henry, Toure, Hleb, Flamini, Fabregas, Clichy, Nasri, Adebayo, Song and Vanpersie, among others all left at different times within these seven years, when they all had enough to offer the club. As a matter of fact, most of them left after a sizzling performance for the club.

(2) Getting commensurate and quality replacements for the departed players was an herculean task; Yes, when these players left, Mosieur Wenger failed to replace them. Infact, at most times, he failed to get any form of replacement and opted to keep faith in fringe players.

(3) Lack of depth/ strength in squad; This is obvious when you loose your best players and don't replace them. Wenger manages to put together a team of 11 players and when one gets injured, especially the star player, the team struggles to gain points.

(4) For some part, the team lacked leaders, character and experience. True. Everybody agrees that Arsenal has always played good, pleasing football, but they lack the experience and character to win the league. At a point, the likes of Fabregas, Flamini and other talented youths were leading the charge, but falter when it mattered most. A key example was the 06/07 season when Arsenal led the league till February and lost it to Man Utd.

(5) Club direction and focus. Yes! I said this because some of us clearly understood what Wenger was doing, when he tried to play with the brains and emotions of the true fans. I honestly believe that Arsenal did not challenge for trophies for a while because Wenger and the board had other plans! The plan was to build a new stadium and strengthen the financial base of the club. So, it's not coincidental that for the period Arsenal moved to Emirates stadium, the club didn't win trophies. Wenger was busy servicing loans. He kept selling players for huges sums of money and never re-invested it. The board kept deceiving themselves by claiming to make money available, but Wenger won't spend. The club kept declaring huge profits at the end of the year, even without trophies. Highby, our former ground was turned into a huge property investment. Arsenal didn't win and Wenger wasn't sacked. Isn't that an irony? In fact, Wenger even said at a point that a top four finish was as good as a trophy. Doesn't that twinkle something in your mind? Some of us know better!

I would have summarized this points, but I need to explain a little, so that some narrow minded, blind supporters of other clubs, (especially SOME Cheshit, Manshitty and Red Devil fans, who only watch football because others watch)would at least glean objectively from their shallow minds, why Arsenal was in trouble. Yes, I used the word WAS.

Now, I feel all these troubles are beginning to come to an end. This is why;

(A). Arsenal's team is now much more experienced. Imagine a team with Mertersacker(30), Arteta(30), Sagna(30) Rosicky(30), Podolski (27), Kolscieny(27) Vermaelen(28) Carzola(27)and players like Sczeny( I can't spell the name), Walcott and Ramsey who are young but has played 8 years top flight football. You could see the maturity in their play. They have been grinding out results. They now soak in pressure and control games. The maturity is evident in their play. (I know some cynics won't agree, na your wahala).

(B) There is strength in depth. Yes! This is because over the last 3 years, Wenger has brought in some quality players. Giroud, Carzola, Flamini, Arteta, Mertersacker, Monreal, Podolski, OZIL and even Ramsey all came in. Yes, Ramsey is more like a new signing, concerning how he has been playing. U can imagine Carzola, Wilshere, Walcott (Arsenal's highest goal scorer last season), Podolski, Monreal, Chamberlain and Vermaelen sitting on arsenals bench. In fact, Walcot, Ox and Podolski have even barely featured this season. Arteta, Carzola, Rosicky were also injured for up to 2 months, yet the team kept winning. Now all the injured are coming back. And some dreamers are still saying "Arsenal will faulter"? Keep hoping!!(#ideylaff). Remember the team that beat Hull City? Even Bendtner scored!

(C) shift in club focus and ambition. Another point. I feel wenger is now ready to go for it. Why would the "acagum" Wenger splash 42.5M on a single player Ozil? Remember, Wenger has been defiant about spending on players for years. In the last 3 years, he has brought players I mentioned under (2).

(D) this is the magic point. For the first time in 8 years, Wenger refused to sell any player. Yes! Not even Bendtner! This only shows ambition and has helped the team. The understanding is better, the spirit is more.

Now, like I said, it is not a coincidence that Arsenal is flying this season. Infact, it started from last season. Arsenal overcame a 10point gap to pip Tottenham HotSpuds to a Top four finish. Infact, it took the last league match for the overated Chelshit to pick a 3rd spot. Arsenal is the team with the best points in the year 2013! This year, Arsenal has garnered more points that any other team in England and has recorded unbelivable wins. This includes the defeat of Bayern Munich, Winner of Champions league by 2 to Nil in Munich. Same goes for Dortmund. Does this happen by chance? It's a food for thought

In conclusion, why it is not guaranteed that Arsenal will win EPL or any trophy for that matter, it is also not guaranteed that they can't win it! This is more so that other teams are not even better. Look at Man Utd( they seem to have swapped places with arsenal) Chelshit is even struggling. The return of foul mouthed Mourhino has not helped a lot. Man Shitty has been inconsistent. However, it is not enough to hope that arsenal will still falter. Yes, we will have bad spell, but with the depth, maturity and quality in the team, they are up there. Well, Arsenal is in the mix and will stay in the mix for long, believe it or not. Write the gunners off at your won peril!
Common you gunners, let's relish the moment!

3 Likes

Re: Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! by deeobserver209(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
JUST WAIT TILL WE MEET ON DEC 21.
Re: Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! by banjicom(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Yes man! You are a true blooded arsenal fan!
Re: Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! by bastien: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
Jesus.................na me[lazy reader] read all dis thing finish without sleeping shocked

OMG..................d love i hv 4 Arsenal is morethan d one i hv fr my gf o wink

bros nice one,u don speak am finish,weitin i wan talk wey u no talk fr there angry

more power to your elbow

gooners till orange grow 4 mango tree
grin grin grin grin kiss
Re: Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! by kenzspunpy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
deeobserver209: JUST WAIT TILL WE MEET ON DEC 21.

I guess you are a Chelshit fan. It's 23rd of December, not 21st. What difference will it make? Stoke City just flog una. So? Did Man Utd not beat Arsenal? How many points I dey take lead them? Go siddon bros! Chelshit if full of Shit!!
Re: Why Arsenal Haters Will Be Shamed! by vickyO(f): 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
I don't have to read all that to agree with the topic of the thread. It's too long.

To the haters, as they say haters gon' hate.
We are just too much and they just don't get it.

(1) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Opts Out Of Long Jump To Chase 200m GLORY @ C’wealth Games! / Is Brazil Making A Mistake To Name Neymar Jnr Their New Captain / Suarez: Gerrard blocked my Arsenal move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.