Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG (11733 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria / The Top 10 US States With The Highest HIV/STD Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Psychedelia(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
dominique: Benue, Adamawa now Rivers. Why do the states keep changing every year, do the PLWHA keep migrating or what? Benue that used to be ridiculed as an HIV ridden state is not even in the top 3 states of PLWHA. I don't know what to make of all these inconsistencies.

Poor statistical records.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Fadelex(m): 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
ok.... next
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
They have too many gays and prostitute. U doubt me? Go to social networks and see what is happening. Funniest thing, they do not use protection.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
sorry pls
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by thegeorgy(f): 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
not really surprised cos the rate of infidelity and random s*x is just too much.people protect yourselves o.if you dont have the strenght to protect yourself just abstain.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by cejo(m): 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
The statistics has been politicalized, states with leading politicians are no longer being mentioned bt the political underdogs are toping the list.Senate Presidents state(Benue) no longer in the 1st ten states, its simply favoring astute politicians and godfather including ex-generals.Do ur research.I don talk finish.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by IAMBREEZY: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
The increase in prostitute and the high hiv/AIds skyrocket.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by adegwurulez(m): 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ms_Steph: Yea. Benue state can rest from insults now
u took the words outta ma mouth.. kai, benue boys suffer!!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Joyeux: 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ms_Steph: Yea. Benue state can rest from insults now
true talk.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by adegwurulez(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
cejo: The statistics has been politicalized, states with leading politicians are no longer being mentioned bt the political underdogs are toping the list.Senate Presidents state(Benue) no longer in the 1st ten states, its simply favoring astute politicians and godfather including ex-generals.Do ur research.I don talk finish.
so when benue was the first it wasn't politicalized or was david mark not the senate president then? cos its now ur state and you want to claim its politicalized.

in other news, benue boys are celebrating this news big time

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by BabaTony: 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Afam4eva: No be Akwa Ibom and Benue again? I don't believe this their ogbanje stats.

And who told you those previous statistics were correct?
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by sunshinemie(f): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
Okworigeorge: Rivers d deny now buh if say FG wan share moni according to each state HIV populace, dem 4 d fight 4 d position o
Abeg no tak laugh kil mi. Wat do u expect wen moni is involved?
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by BabaTony: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
Afam4eva: No be Akwa Ibom and Benue again? I don't believe this their ogbanje stats.

And who told you those previous statistics were correct?
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Balos(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
choi, and na rivers state I de oh. Durex will be ma best friend henceforth
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by 500GP: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
WHERE IS OSUN, IBADAN, LAGOS?
AM VERY HAPPY THOSE STATES ARE NOT AMONG .....

TUALE FOR RIVERS....
IGBO KWENU!!!
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by DonaldGenes(m): 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dannylux: Life is too short to ffuck indiscriminately without protection.

That's why it's good to go for your HIV test- I and my family did ours, esp Redeem Christian church here in Ph, Rumukwuta branch- all of us tested Negative....in fact we do all manners of test...all negative even our Blood pressure monthly...All thanks to God for His protection..but so far, our family are not used to flirting, we'are discipline, my girlfriend did hers in Uyo, still negative, and she is quite discipline as well, i guess it pays not to be phucking around, be a one-boyfriend-one-girlfriend kinda person..that's my message
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by andymofia(m): 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
In my own opinion, this statistics is very correct.

1. Sex is like drinking beer in Rivers state, Port Harcourt in particular. It's everywhere, it's cheap and in many cases almost free. Girls as young as 16 years are already having sex. There are more clubs and brothels in GRA than there are offices. No recreational spots, just clubs, strip clubs, 'beer palours' and things like that.

2. The cheapest (and 'free' in some cases) sex you can get in Abuja is from Benue girls. The Benue people can insult me on this, but if you live in Abuja and you want to tell you self the truth, that is the fact. Majority of Abuja girls or big girls as they call themselves are sex worker (whether runs girl or prostitute). Sex is also everywhere in Abuja, just snap your fingers and it will arrive. Mind you, what goes in Abuja goes in Nassarawa state, you can shuttle both locations in minutes. Most sex workers in abuja come in from Nassarawa.

3. Kaduna is also notorious for sex workers, believe it or not, there are more sex worker in kaduna than there are in Lagos. They usually hide inside their big clothes.

3. As for Taraba state, I have no comments, never been there and don't even with to ever be there.

4. Please note that the statistics is based on states as a location and not on state as in state of origin. Therefore, a particular state can still be winning the race but in different locations.

5. HIV/AIDS is real, go for a test today if you have not done so, be faithful to your partner, if you must have sex with someone you don't know their status insist on using a condom. DO NOT discriminate against PLWHAs.

Oya, let the insults flow in...
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Omadachi(m): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmmmm....no longer Benue state.Sigh of relief.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by chenu(m): 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
andymofia: In my own opinion, this statistics is very correct.

1. Sex is like drinking beer in Rivers state, Port Harcourt in particular. It's everywhere, it's cheap and in many cases almost free. Girls as young as 16 years are already having sex. There are more clubs and brothels in GRA than there are offices. No recreational spots, just clubs, strip clubs, 'beer palours' and things like that.

2. The cheapest (and 'free' in some cases) sex you can get in Abuja is from Benue girls. The Benue people can insult me on this, but if you live in Abuja and you want to tell you self the truth, that is the fact. Majority of Abuja girls or big girls as they call themselves are sex worker (whether runs girl or prostitute). Sex is also everywhere in Abuja, just snap your fingers and it will arrive. Mind you, what goes in Abuja goes in Nassarawa state, you can shuttle both locations in minutes. Most sex workers in abuja come in from Nassarawa.

3. Kaduna is also notorious for sex workers, believe it or not, there are more sex worker in kaduna than there are in Lagos. They usually hide inside their big clothes.

3. As for Taraba state, I have no comments, never been there and don't even with to ever be there.

4. Please note that the statistics is based on states as a location and not on state as in state of origin. Therefore, a particular state can still be winning the race but in different locations.

5. HIV/AIDS is real, go for a test today if you have not done so, be faithful to your partner, if you must have sex with someone you don't know their status insist on using a condom. DO NOT discriminate against PLWHAs.

Oya, let the insults flow in...
the one rivers state are dey benue girls too?
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by juman(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
perrylynx: This is politics

Politics statistics.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by taobao123: 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
U know say calaba girls sabi yansh well well,but come oooo,I thought they first said it was benue

best juicer
http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=juicer&linkCode=ur2&tag=mbox0f-20&url=search-alias%3Daps

Oakley Sunglasses
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by ujoinme: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
I used to be involved with the collation of those data. The statistics is very accurate and are based on reported case of HIV positive test in each state within a survey period.

Besides the obvious that port harcourt is a major boom/industrial city with high population of migrants from other states and nations,One of the reasons that could be attributed to the high prevalence of HIV in Rivers state is the current exploit that Amaechi has scored in providing Health centres all over the state thereby increasing access to health care and access to HIV tests. You do know that HIV testing is part of normal blood screening in govt hospitals especially pregnant women in bid to prevent mother to child transmission. and the test is also carried out on other at risk groups who presents for blood work.

There is nothing political about the result and i know this for a fact. States with high rates are usually states with high level of state and federal health centres/facility where HIV testing is routine.

The message is for the govt. to intensify campaign to reduce new infections and provide treatment for those who are infected. encourage people with multiple sex partners to use protection ie condom. and educate teenagers on the dangers of unprotected sex! and families,churches and social organizations even social media (Nairaland) should join the campaign and stop leaving in denial.

The fact that your state does not rank high on prevalence rate is not ticket to go out on a binge of unprotected sex, remember that " HIV no dey show for face" the reason for rivers numbers is because people are tested, there are lots of infected people in your state and Nigeria in general running around without knowing that the have the virus.

on an individual level Get tested thats the only way you can know your status!
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Ichel: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Am sure its APC dat came up wit dis report grin grin
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by LivingSoul34: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2013

You have to believe it... When it was Benue you guys didn't question the integrity of the statistic rather you were running your mouths, saying all sort of things against the people of benue state but now that the same people that have been carrying out the survey are out with something else you called it 'ogbanje stats'... The report said River state is number 1 and Benue is not in the 1st ten so take or in Oshiomhole's voice 'GO AND DIE'.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by ConquerAll(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
I highly doubt this info.

But, wait, who am I to question them, after all, these yellow sisi wey full for there can do anything for money (sorry, oil money).
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by stexsy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
Blame Amaechi for it..lolz ;DBlame Amaechi for it..lolz
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by lordfalcao(m): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
for those sucking punny in the name of sex..buh will were condom to Bleep. gbadokwa anya
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by kolubo(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
Donalð Genes:
That's why it's good to go for your HIV test- I and my family did ours, esp Redeem Christian church here in Ph, Rumukwuta branch- all of us tested Negative....in fact we do all manners of test...all negative even our Blood pressure monthly...All thanks to God for His protection..but so far, our family are not used to flirting, we'are discipline, my girlfriend did hers in Uyo, still negative, and she is quite discipline as well, i guess it pays not to be phucking around, be a one-boyfriend-one-girlfriend kinda person..that's my message
Abeg who ask for your family story.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by InMyOpinion(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Funny how some Nigerians have robotics brains - They expect to see Benue, Akwa-Ibom, Adamawa, etc toping the list and they will have no issues- but now Rivers tops the list and they scream "Poor data". I laugh in Latin grin cheesy.
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by kossyablaze(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
me_for_you: this rivers figures looks very political. from 3.1 to 15.2?
young man calm down...I av bn to UPTH....u nid to see the cloud coming to take their hiv drugs every week

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Incredible.me:
The least we can do is work towards reducing the rate of PLWHA or even eradicating HIV, but rather we are seeing politics in everything, and scrambling 4 positions.

Typical Nigerian mentality. SMH.

you can say that again! Typical! Seems to me more like; people are coming out more for tests. All those previous ones (statistics) are not really reliable as they were done when people don't turn up for hiv tests. It is still not reliable now sef, and it can't until we have a situation where each nigerian knows his/her status. For now, we should stop seeing what's not there and tackle the situation before it gets out of hand.

#nuffSaid
Re: Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG by WhiteNiccur(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
I am not going to PH again cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer / NAFDAC Reopens Emzor, Others Amidst Codeine Controversy / COVID-19: FG Screening 19 Nigerian Firms' Claim On Cure And Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.