Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why Is Football The Global Game? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is Football The Global Game? (2177 Views)

The All Time Greatest Legends Of Football (The Three Musketiers) / Africans In European Football: The Best Of 2010-2011? / The Future Of Nigerian Football: The Way Forward! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Football The Global Game? by raphy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2008
wazup!
am a player in lagos train @ d national stadium, every weekend football
is soo many every were that u will not know were to play,so y is football a global
game?
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by BlackMamba(m): 1:04am On Jul 28, 2008
It's the least expensive. You just need a ball and 22 people can play. Any open space can be turned into a football pitch with stones as goal posts, and you can even play barefooted!
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by triistar86: 3:15am On Jul 28, 2008
I 2nd Black Mamba. Due to the fact that its inexpensive it can be easily set up played and enjoyed. All you just need is some space to kick to kick the ball and run around.  U can easily pick up football skills and develop your interest in the game by kicking any round stuffs around(things like oranges etc),Also you can easily improvise in the game of football it doesn't have to be standard everything at all times. Both the rich and the poor have access to game unlike most of the other sports that are mainly easily accessible to the rich due to their expensive nature.

It is simply the game of the people(Rich or Poor).
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by naijadiva2(f): 3:28am On Jul 28, 2008
BlackMamba:

It's the least expensive. You just need a ball and 22 people can play. Any open space can be turned into a football pitch with stones as goal posts, and you can even play barefooted!

oh, i never knew that and it makes sense.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by desertboom(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2008
I think it's one of the most acceptable games of all and almost every one knows the rules and regulations of the game. May be
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by oldie(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2008
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by uniquelove(f): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2008
Because it is the most watched game in the world.

www.campusvill.com
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by rume(m): 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
'Football the global game' so people say though it's not that popular in some countries.
Also amongst males yes, but females?? Maybe because the world is dominated by males not in number(s) though
Football is overated in a way to me just like Rice and Stew in Nigeria. lol

I've disliked football for years now and could go on, but you may wonder why is everyone so crazy about it, and then get involved(my thought).
That said, every other post here makes sesnse.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by A40(m): 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2008
Its simple! its the cheapest sport with the cheapest equipments you dont need rocket science to understand the rules
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by rume(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
A-40:

Its simple! its the cheapest sport with the cheapest equipments you don't need rocket science to understand the rules
Let's try some scientific proof and research. lol
anyway true talk.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by cgift(m): 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2008
cos it is used by the god of this world to create gods in the heart of people and prevent them from loving Jesus Christ. People dont go to church when an "important match" clatches with Sunday programs. God have mercy.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by slyk2(m): 11:59am On Jul 29, 2008
its the most packaged and marketed world wide.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by grandjedi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2008
cgift:

because it is used by the god of this world to create gods in the heart of people and prevent them from loving Jesus Christ. People don't go to church when an "important match" clatches with Sunday programs. God have mercy.

Hmm . . . I disagree. It seems to me that you're equating going to church with loving Jesus. Not everybody who goes to church loves Jesus ( armed robbers have been known to go to church with the purpose of grabbing the offering ). And not attending church at times doesn't necessarily mean you don't love Jesus ( ask doctors and nurses who are @ work on Sunday ).

The god of this world can use anything to divert people's attention from God, so don't blame football (or any other sport for that matter, there are many illustrations about sports in the Bible). Rather blame the person who can't plan his time so as not to neglect fellowship.

As for me I love the beautiful game because apart from the game being easy to play & having straightforward rules, it involves individual skill, intelligence, team work and discipline, physical & psychological strength. It is also a beauty to watch; esp when my team Arsenal is doing their thing.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by ezer(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2008
BlackMamba:

prof black mamba, i support ur comments, but i hope u're not the mamba i know (hope u dont bite) lol (how can u be balck mamba?)
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by denony(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
I LOVE THE GAME MORE NAGGING, NAGGING, NAGGING MY GIRL

It makes me feel like celebrating
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by nedra: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2008
when u get paid about 150,000 pounds per week u wudnt ask y it is so popular
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by ukukaegbu(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2008
When some uneducated players travel all over the world and make millions
When some politicians are enriched from the game
When it makes millions happy
When it makes millions heart broken
When it gives some fraudsters to exploit innocent ones
When it brings unity in Nigeria.
THAT'S A GLOBAL GAME.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by eminemkayc: 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2008
WHATS MY OWN WITH FOOTBALL? I DONT PLAY THE GAME, WATCH THE GAME, INFACT WHEN PEOPLE CALL THE NAMES OF ALL THESE HUMANS THEY REFER TO AS "STARS" I STARE AT THEM AND WONDER WHAT KIND OF CREATURES THEY ARE, cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by tokunbobo(m): 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2008
ukukaegbu:

When it brings unity in Nigeria.
THAT'S A GLOBAL GAME.

@ ukukaegbu
This is the best answer for the question. You score 10 over 10. Clap for yourself.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by A40(m): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2008
cgift:

because it is used by the god of this world to create gods in the heart of people and prevent them from loving Jesus Christ. People don't go to church when an "important match" clatches with Sunday programs. God have mercy.
This is by far the dumbest post i have read on NL at least in recent times tongue
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by lapagegirl(f): 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2008
It is least expensive and it unite people.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by raphy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2008
nize post,
football is more thn just a game it s a language in its self.if u r a yoruba ,u can go 2 aba to speak football language.so we alll speak football .
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by KojoAseda(m): 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2008
For some terrible reason, football hasn't become very popular in the United States. That's very unfortunate, because it is ten times better than any of our strange and limited sports. Football can be played anytime, anywhere, whereas American sports require all of this strange and expensive equipment.

African football is the greatest.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by BlackMamba(m): 12:54am On Aug 09, 2008
ukukaegbu:
When it brings unity in Nigeria 3rd world.
THAT'S A GLOBAL GAME.

Above can apply to other sports eg Baseball in Latin America. That's not why soccer is global. Soccer survived and flourished better than other major sports introduced around the world by colonial masters because of its simple rules and cheap cost.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by tipsy289(m): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2008
Football is really popular but i dont think its really a global game(North America is so out from this,india and neighbouring countries and some parts of asia).
its easy to understand thats why many people play it in other parts of the world.
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by thando(f): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2008
im not a fan of football but it definately is the best sport eva.it requires a lot of individual talent skill intelligence and physically very demanding i certainly dont think it has anything to do with it being inexpensive.i think with all other sports u can be taught and groomed into a star player eg the most overated sport in the planet where the only requirement is to be abnormally long and thats y these basketball stars kobe duncan nash only start showing an interest in the game in junior high when the
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by thando(f): 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2008
they grow 7 inches every day.unlike soccer where u ordained to be great by God himself the day u r conceived not just every one can pull this one off and get away with it.can u imagine running and control ling the ball wit yo feet at the same time also shielding it from opponents runnin towards u at full speed.difficult.football rugby cricket
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by ayobase(m): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
it is the most aordable sport.
and it can be practised with ease!!!

Ur Football could be anything circular or spherical in shape.
I remember using that toilet water system
floating red ball as a football!!!
Re: Why Is Football The Global Game? by ilysaporta: 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2008
1.)best sport ever
2.)most popular sport in the world.
3.)easy to understand

i love soccer, er, football because it so active. Impossible to get fat while playing it :]. But here in the states, to be apart of a soccer club its anywhere from $500 to $2200(thats in American dollars-convert to Naira if you wish because i don't know how) a season (4-9 months). And even in schools, now you have to pay athletic fees that cost anywhere from $50 to $150 a season (3-4 months).  Thats atleast where i stay.

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo / Arsenal Close To Sign Nigerian Attacker; Kelechi Iheanacho. / PHOTOS; Daniel Sturridge Causes Public Stir After Pulling Up In White Ferrari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.