Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Additional Internet Banking Security: GTBANK Trusteer Rapport - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Additional Internet Banking Security: GTBANK Trusteer Rapport (1053 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Additional Internet Banking Security: GTBANK Trusteer Rapport by Peterwins(m): 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
If you do not have the software (Trusteer Rapport) installed on the devices (laptops, smart phones, tabs, etc) you use for your internet banking as advised by GTBANK on their internet banking platform, kindly do so.

I just discovered the following on the OPEN CONSOLE of the software:
1. There were a number (about 6 different IP addresses that did not match GTBANK) on different dates that I used the online GTBANK platform even though I was logged on their original website: www.gtbank.com

2. The software (Trusteer Rapport) prevented some keylogging intrusions.

The software is not a replacement for other anti-virus softwares but helps as an additional layer of security because it secures your online communication with the GTBANK website.

It seems that even if you are logged on the original websites of banks, online criminals still devise ways of trying to steal your account details.
I did not bother to install the GTBANK Truster Rapport software until recently because I was skeptical using the software eventhough it's free.

NOTE: Ensure you install the software from the original website of the bank.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World’s Youngest Female Billionaire, A College Dropout And Medical Geni / Forex Priceaction Traders Discussion Thread / Fiat Space Bus For Hire Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.