Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

You Can Say Whatever About Nigerian Movies, But, They Are The Bomb Diggity. Yes! - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / You Can Say Whatever About Nigerian Movies, But, They Are The Bomb Diggity. Yes! (663 Views)

The Reality Show Must Go On: Big Brother Israel Adds Bomb Shelter / Nigerian Movie Online –watch And Download Nigerian Movies Online / Emirates Features Nigerian Movies On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Say Whatever About Nigerian Movies, But, They Are The Bomb Diggity. Yes! by yourstrulyblog(f): 11:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
Like it or not, Nigerian movies are the bomb diggity, and my day is never complete without them, believe it or not. Little sister and little brother don't understand my obsession with Nigerian movies. "Yours Truly, why do you always watch crap" "Yours Truly, they make a lot of noise" "Yours Truly, why do they have stupid titles such as return of Beyoncé and Rihanna, local sense, Azonto girls, Yankee girls etc" "Yours Truly, why is the quality always poor - looks like they use their phone to shoot it, then they upload it to Youtube" "Yours Truly, why do people that have never left the shores of Nigeria have fake accents in movies?"

Like I always say to them, "Nigerian movies may not be up to standard, but, they keep me entertained". We have amazing actors such as Osuofia, Mama G, Charles Inojie - Without them, there will be no Nollywood (A girl like me needs her daily Injection of Nigerian movies). We may not be as good as Hollywood, but, we are getting there. I love Nigerian comedy movies. However, I will have to agree with my siblings on some things - the quality is really bad and I hate it when I see people speak with fake accents. Must everyone do 'phonetics'. Some of the titles are unbelievable - the return of Rihanna and Beyoncé, chicken madness, tea or coffee, could this be love?, etc. Sometimes, you see a 40-year-old mama playing the role of someone in Primary school.

Patience Ozokwor

Charles Inojie

I have spotted lots of errors in Nigerian movies. The other day, I was watching one movie like that (I have forgotten the title oo). Thieves entered the living room, but, the girl already jumped and screamed before they actually came in. How did she know they were coming? Also, someone died before he was actually shot, and the gun shot actually sounded like 'knock out' (fire works). The victim was actually soaked in blood which looked like tomato puree - I'm sure they used tomato puree.

We actually have a long way to go, but, I couldn't do without my Nigerian movies - they are the bomb diggity! What are your thoughts, people?

For more, visit http://yourstrulyblogposts..co.uk/

(1) (Reply)

Where Do You Spend More Time At Night... INTERNET Or ASLEEP !!! / Lil Wayne Suffered A Seizure And "Is Recovering," / Psquare Sworn In As Honorary Calgarians In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.