Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Heart Of Gold - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Heart Of Gold (540 Views)

The Heart Of A True Believer~ A New Romantic Story / From The Heart Of A Sapiosexual... / The Heart Of A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heart Of Gold by johnnieode(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
I listened to this story and tears rolled down my cheeks. I thought of sharing it with you. I hope you will enjoy it:

She jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating room. She said: “How is my little boy? His he going to be all right? When can I see him?” The surgeon said, “I’m sorry, we did all we could, but your boy didn’t make it.”

Stella said, “Why do little children get cancer? Doesn’t God care anymore? Where were you, God, when my son needed you?” The surgeon asked, “Would you like some time alone with your son? One of the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he is transported to the university.”

Stella asked the nurses to stay with her while she said goodbye to her son. She ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair. “Would you like a lock of his hair?” the nurse asked. Stella nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy’s hair, put it in a plastic bag and handed it to Stella.

The mother said, “It was Sam’s idea to donate his body to the University for study. He said it might help somebody else.” I said no at first, but Sam said, “Mom, I won’t be using it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more day with his mom.” She went on, “My Sam had a heart of gold. Always thinking of someone else, always waiting to help others if he could.”

READ MORE: http://www.readerslodge.com/2013/12/heart-of-gold.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Opportunity For Writters / Quote Of The Day / Motivational @ Thislife.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.