Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 (1315 Views)

Google Changes Search Engine Logo / Google Is Now Alphabet: Search Giant Changes Name / Web Design Trends That Will Be Common In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by ponti93(m): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2013
I will like nairaland to have a phone app ie andriod app,ios app,java app,e.t.c .i will like nairaland to have an IM feature ,maybe it will be integrated in its app. A dislike button will make sense.a hashtag feature will be good too.
More opinions.drop yours.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by toniecutie(f): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2013
I would like NL to be more pretty like FB
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by vcvibes(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2013
Ah would like to be getting notification on my quoted post so dat ah can easily reply
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by bizfirst: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
ponti93: I will like nairaland to have a phone app ie andriod app,ios app,java app,e.t.c .i will like nairaland to have an IM feature ,maybe it will be integrated in its app. A dislike button will make sense.a hashtag feature will be good too.

You took those words straight out of my mouth...can't ask for anything more for now!

1 Like

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by bizfirst: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
toniecutie: I would like NL to be more pretty like FB

I doubt if that would make sense...NL is a forum and FB is a social networking site! Their aims are fundamentally different.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by realugee: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
#bizfirst#:

I doubt if that would make sense...NL is a forum and FB is a social networking site! Their aims are fundamentally different.
NL being more pretty (like Facebook) cannot be overlooked, because itz a forum... There are a lot of good looking forums today. All I am saying is that NL's design should be better than this.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by ConquerAll(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
What I want to see

1. To see members avatar alongside posts. The tech guys can simply implement gravatar to avoid too much hits on the forum server.
2. To have a kind of voting system in place that allows members to vote topics to front page instead of relying on the judgements of mods like...(if you call names, na you sabi)

My take shaa!

1 Like

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by ponti93(m): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Yea.like this post needs to get to front page for more coverage and opinion.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Djtm(m): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
- Users should be able to choose whether to open links (at least external links) in new tabs or not.
- The like feature should be handled by javascript. Why the hell should a page reload because I liked a post?
- If possible, users should be able to change their username at least once.

2 Likes

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by dheaven: 2:15am On Dec 12, 2013
No need for improvement let it remain same so other smart guys will see opportunity to do what Nairaland is not doing and thereby overtake Nairaland and competition will now begin. That is how cowbell milk and sachet water business started.

2 Likes

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by GentleFrank(m): 4:47am On Dec 12, 2013
Advert prices should please be cut down !
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Better Private Messages.Nairaland's PM feature is quite primitive.Your email is given out teach time you contact someone.
A more appealing UI.I have seen some cool looking forums.
A polling System.People with privileges should be able to create polls.
A Homepage.Every user should have a standard page to showcase their best topics,posts,business and products.(Not talking about profile page).
A hierarchy system based on posts,time registered or likes.e.g child,adolescent,adult,mod.
Also a quick reply form at the bottom of the page will do.
Author Pane at the left side of every post with info about commenter and a link to PM.
Use of Javascript. For liking posts and a quick edit button for modifying posts without reloading pages.

3 Likes

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by realugee: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2013
Web Contractor: Better Private Messages.Nairaland's PM feature is quite primitive.Your email is given out teach time you contact someone.
A more appealing UI.I have seen some cool looking forums.
A polling System.People with privileges should be able to create polls.
A Homepage.Every user should have a standard page to showcase their best topics,posts,business and products.(Not talking about profile page).
A hierarchy system based on posts,time registered or likes.e.g child,adolescent,adult,mod.
Also a quick reply form at the bottom of the page will do.
Author Pane at the left side of every post with info about commenter and a link to PM.
Use of Javascript. For liking posts and a quick edit button for modifying posts without reloading pages.
I totally agree with you.. I'm going to implement all these on my forum too grin

1 Like

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Seun(m): 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thank you for these lovely suggestions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by kinyungu(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
ponti93: I will like nairaland to have a phone app ie andriod app,ios app,java app,e.t.c .i will like nairaland to have an IM feature ,maybe it will be integrated in its app. A dislike button will make sense.a hashtag feature will be good too.
I will be the first to download both android and iOS application. keep it up guys.

1 Like

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Pimples(m): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
There are some exceptional posts I come across once in a while...I would love to keep track of such posts for future refrences, research etc.
However as it currently stands, if I forget a keyword in the post, there is no way I can remember or search for such post anymore.
So I would like a 'Favorite' link added to the top panel so that nice posts I'll want to remember can very easily be found there.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by realugee: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pimples: There are some exceptional posts I come across once in a while...I would love to keep track of such posts for future refrences, research etc.
However as it currently stands, if I forget a keyword in the post, there is no way I can remember or search for such post anymore.
So I would like a 'Favorite' link added to the top panel so that nice posts I'll want to remember can very easily be found there.
Thanks
Nice suggestion, but y not just add such to your bookmark... Jst saying.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Pimples(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
real_ugee: Nice suggestion, but y not just add such to your bookmark... Jst saying.
I for instance use different devices... Devices can get stolen and u might need to check up such posts on someone's else device... Or need to copy the link

1 Like

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Sanguine(f): 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
And I would like to see those who 'like' my post(s)... grin smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by anselm791(m): 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
I just hope these designs and features won't use up more kilobytes and make the forum slower to open? Cause its all about the opinions and ideas for me and not fancy designs and stuffs.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Codedboy95(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
There are some lunatics on nairaland, I will be happy if bro seun can implement "blocking of users" so if I block someone I will be unable to see the person's posts/topics for as long as I wish. tenk u
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by realugee: 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pimples:
I for instance use different devices... Devices can get stolen and u might need to check up such posts on someone's else device... Or need to copy the link
Owk now I get your point..

1 Like

Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Abuklaw(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
The phone app idea should be implement immediately.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by dridowu: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
less topic abt Toto Dickens and dislike button
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by Seun(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Abuklaw: The phone app idea should be implement immediately.
Yes sir!! wink
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by oluwasola01(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
1. Nairaland should charge for membership.

2. Implement a mobile app for the website.

3. Make changes in the css, theme and outlook.

4. Sponsor events and occassion just as bellanaija & lindaikejiblog usually do.

5. I would also like to see those that love my posts.
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by realugee: 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
dridowu: less topic abt Toto Dickens and dislike button
Toto Dickens shocked Who's that
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by texanomaly(f): 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
vcvibes: Ah would like to be getting notification on my quoted post so dat ah can easily reply

Nice one. smiley
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by texanomaly(f): 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
real_ugee:
NL being more pretty (like Facebook) cannot be overlooked, because itz a forum... There are a lot of good looking forums today. All I am saying is that NL's design should be better than this.

Nothing wrong with pretty, if it can be done cost effectively. While NL is entertaining and educational to us, it is a business to Seun. So Seun, what say you? Prettier? grin
Re: What Changes And Improvements Do You Want To See In Nairaland In 2014 by texanomaly(f): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
ConquerAll:
What I want to see

1. To see members avatar alongside posts. The tech guys can simply implement gravatar to avoid too much hits on the forum server.
2. To have a kind of voting system in place that allows members to vote topics to front page instead of relying on the judgements of mods like...(if you call names, na you sabi)

My take shaa!

interesting idea

(1) (2) (Reply)

De Sunshine Catering Services.agbor/asaba,delta State. / Top Ten (10) Best Entertainment Blogs Of 2014 (pics Of Template Included) / Confused On Where To Start Blogging. Any Help Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.