Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Engineering Students Chatroom - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering Students Chatroom (27606 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
lana_Vello: Hey guys...
tracey dear....sup?
@rationalmind...i see yu bro cool.
erhhmmmm,actually came here in search of any akokite engineering student(preferably female)...any around?!?
am kul dearie...u...y re u lookin 4 one,,re u am engr stu
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
rationalmind:

Just use your church mind cool cool. as for taking you out, let's see how it goes cheesy cheesy
ah dont have church mind o,,ah only have one mind tongue
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
leks37: Introduction... Lekan, agricultural and biosystems engineering, unilorin. I'm not a fortune teller or any sort of that but i'm very sure this chatroom will go far if and only if we don't focus all our attention on only uniben and electrical engineering because from the look of things, it seems they are dominating. I mean no harm ooo
wow agricultural n biosystem engineerin,,dat's d first time am hearin it,could u describe it a little,,,n
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
meracool:

Ya. . I think The Mech. Engineer on this thread are from FUTA...

Good Evening Room..........
evenin sire,,,hope ur day ws kul
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Walexsammy(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Am Adewale, Computer Engineering 500L, Micheal okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike....nice meeting u guys
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Walexsammy: Am Adewale, Computer Engineering 500L, Micheal okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike....nice meeting u guys
same here buh sorry 4 dis buh ur skul name sounds funny pls were is it located...@all where re u guys nau
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Capableben(m): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2014
[b][/b] who schools at federal uni of tech yola here
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by ebixy(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Elantracey: same here buh sorry 4 dis buh ur skul name sounds funny pls were is it located...@all where re u guys nau
elantracy, you ask some questions that i find hilarious and hard to believe.. An engineering student has neva heard of agricultural and biosystem engineering and asking where umudike is? Try to broaden your knowledge in other fields apart from your area of study
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Walexsammy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
Elantracey: same here buh sorry 4 dis buh ur skul name sounds funny pls were is it located...@all where re u guys nau
here in umuahia.........A federal skul though
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by leks37: 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Elantracey: wow agricultural n biosystem engineerin,,dat's d first time am hearin it,could u describe it a little,,,n

You can simply call us jack of all trades because one way or the other, we cut across other fields of engineering.
When we talk about agric and biosystems power and machinery, design of agric machinery, you can relate that to mech engr. In elect engr, Application of electricity to agric and biological system. In chemical/petrochemical engr, renewable energy engr and waste management engr, when we talk about design of processes and equipment for biomas, biofuel, biogas production and storage and also thermochemical conversion of food and bioprocessing waste to useful products. In civil engr, we can talk about soil and water conservation engr, advance hydraulic and irrigation engr, agric land drainage, rural water supply and sanitation, agric land surveying, storage of agric and biological material, when we talk about design of storage facilities, storage systems and structures for tropical plants and animal products.......
I can go on and on but you asked me to describe it a little
To the graduates and postgraduate students in the house, pardon my error(s) if any, I'm still an undergraduate
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by lanaVello1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Elantracey: am kul dearie...u...y re u lookin 4 one,,re u am engr stu
nah,law.....jez wanna meet a fella frm same skul
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by lanaVello1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
rationalmind:
cool which school is akokite? And why preferably female cheesy?
nt skul buh tz students,na unilag. Lol grin na dem sure pass nau wink
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
lana_Vello: nt skul buh tz students,na unilag. Lol grin na dem sure pass nau wink

lol, in other words, we guys no too sure. Including yourself tongue
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by MrCalculus(m): 1:13am On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by MrCalculus(m): 1:13am On Jan 06, 2014
hmm.....................
i'm short of words....
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 06, 2014
ebixy: elantracy, you ask some questions that i find hilarious and hard to believe.. An engineering student has neva heard of agricultural and biosystem engineering and asking where umudike is? Try to broaden your knowledge in other fields apart from your area of study
ah ah..dont critize me lik dat na
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 06, 2014
leks37:

You can simply call us jack of all trades because one way or the other, we cut across other fields of engineering.
When we talk about agric and biosystems power and machinery, design of agric machinery, you can relate that to mech engr. In elect engr, Application of electricity to agric and biological system. In chemical/petrochemical engr, renewable energy engr and waste management engr, when we talk about design of processes and equipment for biomas, biofuel, biogas production and storage and also thermochemical conversion of food and bioprocessing waste to useful products. In civil engr, we can talk about soil and water conservation engr, advance hydraulic and irrigation engr, agric land drainage, rural water supply and sanitation, agric land surveying, storage of agric and biological material, when we talk about design of storage facilities, storage systems and structures for tropical plants and animal products.......
I can go on and on but you asked me to describe it a little
To the graduates and postgraduate students in the house, pardon my error(s) if any, I'm still an undergraduate
wow tanks
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2014
lana_Vello: nah,law.....jez wanna meet a fella frm same skul
alright
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Calculus: hmm.....................
i'm short of words....
y nau
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
Wise ah sight u...gud mornin o
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by MrCalculus(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2014
Elantracey: y nau
cause dis thread is 4 only engineers and its like deserting me.
wat more can i say::
i'm a student of uniben,a fresher though
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by wisemania(m): 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
Elantracey: Wise ah sight u...gud mornin o
sister me sight you pass ooo,good afternoon...Its not been easy for me all this while.Due to exam tension et al...Anyways, am comming to grips with my self...I pay homage to all the engineers to be on this thread.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Calculus: cause dis thread is 4 only engineers and its like deserting me.
wat more can i say::
i'm a student of uniben,a fresher though
what dept re u
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
wisemania:
sister me sight you pass ooo,good afternoon...Its not been easy for me all this while.Due to exam tension et al...Anyways, am comming to grips with my self...I pay homage to all the engineers to be on this thread...make i go dance skelewu small ibeg..

ileke idi e,.......oya so'jo dowo..oya fi jo gbowo....
hmmmm ah see,am even goin to school 2moro,meant to be 2day sha,,as for ur books ah trust u na,jack well o
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Being a good programmer is just like learning a language eg english, yoruba french etc. That's why its called programming language.

U need to learn the basic rules first and its step by step. Reading Programming language books, u don't have to read like a novel or cram syntax, all u have to do is to read a chapter and practice the syntax very well before u move to the next chapter.
Microconroller or embedded programming is the hardest of all programming, because its involves controlling hardware directly and not like windows application or web that what u r controlling is a preinstalled OS which is a software and u don't have to bother about RAM,ROM,EEPROM, processor oscillator speed, watchdog timer, ADC, RTC an the likes.
Microcontroller programming involves u knowing about electronics circuits and how u can use microcontroller to controll peripherals, microcontroller itself is not useful without the peripherals its the input and output component(led, speaker, lcd, push button switches,sensors, trancievers etc) that is the most important thing, microcontroller is just to process data received from the input component process it, and give information to the output component. And the information is in logical form(1 and 0).
So for all those that are intrested in microcontroller, go and brush up your electronics, start with basic components like resistor, led, switch, transistor,capacitor etc. Know how to use experiment board or bread board and know how to solder and create circuit with veroboard or pcb.
After knowing basic electronics, then know digital electronics. Brush up your knowledge in logic gates, logic arithmetics , number representation in hex,dec, bin, oct etc
After this, u can now move to microcontroller and learn its programming
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Tanks 4 dat aksat by d way were have u been
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Capableben(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
angry Fully subscribed....... I rep FUT, YOLA. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING......., anyone from my school?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Microcontroller programming knowledge is best to start with assembly language, but for easy and quick knowledge, C is better. Reason is because with C,u don't have to controll the microcontroller directly with mnemonics but all u have to do is to write statements for the C compiler and it will generate the equivalent assembly language for the microcontroller.
So C its just a servant for u.
E.g creating a 1 secon delay in c is just:
Delay_ms(1000);
While in assembly, u will have to write at least 10 lines and do a lot of calculation before u can acieve that.

I stand to be challenged and corrected by all assembly language freeks out there. I coded in assembly for a year and I know what I am saying. So to those that says C is for lazy people, its not about lazyness but about knowing what you are doing and using the easy and fast method to achieve it. And the beauty of intelligent C compilers is that if there are registers u cannot access with C, u can write assembly code in line with C using #asm.

Even with C that is regarded as "code-
servant" when using preinstalled functions, looping, iteration etc, u can develop an embedded application e.g password acces system for as long as a whole day, now imagine using assembly language that u are to do the whole job yourself. Show me what u can do in assembly language that I can't do in C apart from the ram optimisation and reduction of hex file.

If u are a newbie I will advice u use to learn assembly language just for a short period of time so that u won't be an illitrate in that aspect. But the koko is C language. And also use CCS compiler for PIC microcontroller. Its very easy, intelligent and has a lot of preinstalled peripheral and memory drivers.

So if u wanna learn microcontroller progamming, Start from how numbers are being represented in hex,bin,dec then how to set ports as input or output, then writing logic state to port, on a LED,then learn to use delay,flash a led, then how to create loops, while loop, do while loop, for loop, then how to create a christmas light led chaser, then how to read from input ports, then how to create traffic light with delays, then how to use 7 segment display and also to cascade to give u more digits, and how to multiplex, then how to write to lcd display and how to read from 4x4 keypay etc.

The ccs compiler has help file or manual which u can read to get all the syntax and functions availabe. And u can check example programs to guide u. Know that when u start, u will get a lot of errors and sometimes everything might look frustrating but continue and don't give up. The more u learn and practice syntax, the less error u get.

U also need to install a proteus simulation software that will enable u to design the circuit virtually and run your program on it to see how it works before u actually implement it physically. This will help you save a lot of time and component used when experimenting. Cos u don't need to buy anything. Unlike doing it physically and blowing up your components due to errors.

I hope this is useful information to atleast one person that needs it.

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Savage Olatunde by name, If u want to contact me, please do on savoelectronics@gmail.com and whatsapp on 08087159221
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Ajiswaggs(m): 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
My name is taiwo, am a studnt of fedpolyoffa. Am studying mech engr. Although i wish to study aeronotic engr too
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Capableben: angry Fully subscribed....... I rep FUT, YOLA. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING......., anyone from my school?
hmmmm u will find one soon,just be around

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
aksat: Savage Olatunde by name, If u want to contact me, please do on savoelectronics@gmail.com and whatsapp on 08087159221
aite sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Imo Has Highest Number Of UTME Candidates 2016 / Relay Race: Father And Daughter Graduation Photos / Umezurika Opata Wins $100,000 AU Award (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.