Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,678 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

My Personal Review: Xperia Sp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Personal Review: Xperia Sp (1950 Views)

Jiayu F2 4G LTE Phone Personal Review / My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 / Tecno M5(my Personal Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
After quitting my job all thanks to d false rumor that skls were resuming this Dec 10, I had become jobless at home and that's probably the inspiration behind my coming up with dis review. Don't blame me sha, blame it on fg/ASUU grin This review is for all those prospective sp users who really need a first hand view of this wonderful device.pls note that am not paid to do this, just something I came up while waiting for ASUU of course
For the full specs of this phone, please visit the link http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_sp-5364.php

The three parts I would focus on are the System performance, The battery life and Camera.

The system performance of this device is awesome! I've played games ranging from Modern combat 4, Dark Knight rises, FIFA 14, Call of duty etc on this device and no lag or whatsoever was noticed (quote me anywhere). The only issues I had with the phone were The overheating issue which the second firmware update couldn't stop, the occasional freezing/hanging which occurred only when the memory got to about 500mb. freeing your internal memory should stop such. Another wahala was the viewing angle which wasn't so bad and its not a big issue cos yu would hardly notice it.
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
The over 2300mah battery is doing an excellent job keeping it going. The battery backup however dropped a little after the second firmware update. It gets drained very fast during heavy use of the device and while browsing on 3G buh its perfect during moderate use and can last up to 2days on idle. So my overall say on the battery is that it is good for moderate phone users buh heavy gamers should be ready to charge it while playing dose mc4, gta games.

For the camera, I give it a ⅛. Very very poor especially in low lights and sometimes in bright room. Am not a camera freak buh I appreciate a good Camera when I see one and this device is far from anything good. Even in bright rooms, it hardly gets a good pic. My previous device, the Nokia n900's 5mp still does a better job than it. The front cam is a bit poor for Skype, it doesn't ever record in HD/color. If your a photographer or a photo freak especially d ladies, then this device is a no no for yu.
So, in overall its a very good device especially in its system performance and it can handle any app it comes across, however the camera was a let down and I just hope the 4.3 jelly bean update coming this Christmas can fix it all. So for just 45 to 50k, I think its the Greatest midrange device yu can get especially if your a game freak. Buh for pic freaks, I think yu should fix your gaze elsewhere. Am still using the SP and I plan getting the LG G2...I may even go ahead to do a review after one month usage if these political juggernauts don't call off the strike cheesy....Stay tuned
♛мєχχ ت♂

ρѕ: I havent rooted my device yet, its of no use cos its already powerful the way it is. Feel free to ask any questions
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Hotdiamond(m): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
...it's the what?

come complete am na.
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
oops, forgot to mention the led strip on the bottom that blinks when yu have a message, missed call, bbm message, whatsapp etc.. and also blinks when viewing photos and listening to songs..Awesomeness at its peak
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Yungbitz(m): 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
KingMEXX: oops, forgot to mention the led strip on the bottom that blinks when yu have a message, missed call, bbm message, whatsapp etc.. and also blinks when viewing photos and listening to songs..Awesomeness at its peak
hw long av u been using d fone??
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by ninja4life(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nice review
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Yungbitz:
hw long av u been using d fone??
Two months and a few days
ninja4life: Nice review
Thank yu sir
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by nasonaso: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Please am having a problem with my sony xperia y. I cant receive calls my screen is just parmanent like dis,screen shot below[/color]

Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
nasonaso: Please am having a problem with my sony xperia y. I cant receive calls my screen is just parmanent like dis,screen shot below[/color]
Sir, i dont know if yu mean Xperia J but if thats what yu mean, have yu tried doing a hard reset to the phone?? You can accomplish that by removing the battery and putting it back on and see if it would work. Do give me a feedback
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by nasonaso: 12:43am On Dec 17, 2013
Sir its Xperia U. The screen touch doesnt respond. I have done what you asked me yet it shows me same thing.

Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2013
nasonaso: Sir its Xperia U. The screen touch doesnt respond. I have done what you asked me yet it shows me same thing.
oK listen closely, place your hand on the camera button, the volume (+) button and the power on/off key at same time. that is, the first finger should be on the camera key, the second finger on your upper volume key(the one that increases your volume) and the third finger on your power button. press and hold these buttons simultaneously for 5 secs before releasing. This should restart the phone and release it from the freeze. Hopefully this would help cos I tried it on someone with similar problem last two months. If d issue persists, then I think yu should visit Sony customer care (thats if there is, haven't seen one in Naija) or any phone repairer.. Hope this helped
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by nasonaso: 9:52am On Dec 19, 2013
thank u kingmenn i tried it but it didnt work
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Scharck(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2013
Mexx baba, you said the SP's camera is very bad. can't this be fixed with the use of 3rd party camera apps or is it that the hardware camera is bad itself?
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
nasonaso: thank u kingmexx i tried it but it didnt work
Alright, try to visit the Customer support of where yu got your phone, hopefully they can help out

ρѕ There are no Sony Customer support outlets for mobile phones here in Naija, at least none that I know of embarassed
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Scharck: Mexx baba, you said the SP's camera is very bad. can't this be fixed with the use of 3rd party camera apps or is it that the hardware camera is bad itself?
Yea, 3rd party apps didn't do much to improve it especially the front camera.
Hopefully, 4.3 jelly bean update coming in a few days time can fix it extensively
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Scharck(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
KingMEXX: Yea, 3rd party apps didn't do much to improve it especially the front camera.
Hopefully, 4.3 jelly bean update coming in a few days time can fix it extensively

Thanks. I really hope it does. I'm awed by the phone's specs. It'll be a shame if the camera is the one that objects our proposed union smiley.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 03, 2014
Sori pls can i knw d version of the sp u are using if its is d c5302 version or lte? Thnks
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
The REVOFEV: Sori pls can i knw d version of the sp u are using if its is d c5302 version or lte? Thnks
Am using the Lte version C5303
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
KingMEXX: Am using the Lte version C5303
, thnks planning on getting mine soon

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by orobosa26(m): 11:30am On Aug 09, 2014
KINGMAX are u still using d xperia sp cus am about buying d Phone 2day
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by orobosa26(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2014
hw much did u buy d phone
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by orobosa26(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2014

hw much did u buy d phone
Re: My Personal Review: Xperia Sp by Kingmax(m): 11:47am On Jul 17, 2016
1. Be silent in the heat of anger 2. Be silent when you don't have all the facts - 3. Be silent when you haven't verified the story - 4. Be silent if your words will offend a weaker person 5. Be silent when it is time to listen 6. Be silent when you are tempted to make light of holy things 7. Be silent when you are tempted to joke about sin 8. Be silent if you would be ashamed of your words later 9. Be silent if your words would convey the wrong impression 10. Be silent if the issue is none of your business 11. Be silent when you are tempted to tell an outright lie 12. Be silent if your words will damage someone else's reputation 13. Be silent if your words will damage a friendship 14. Be silent when you are feeling critical 15. Be silent if you can't say it without screaming it 16. Be silent if your words will be a poor reflection of God on you - 17. Be silent if you may have to eat your words later - 18. Be silent if you have already said it more than one time - 19. Be silent when you are tempted to flatter a wicked person - 20. Be silent when you are supposed to be working instead - "WHOEVER GUARDS HIS MOUTH AND TONGUE KEEPS HIS SOUL FROM TROUBLES" "BE QUICK TO HEAR AND SLOW TO SPEAK".

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Original Apple Products In Nigeria - Ipad, Iphone & Accessories / Cant Check My Remaining Data On Mtn 2500 Data Plan / Whatsapp Soon To Be Disconnected From Blackberry & Nokia Phones!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.