Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop (12371 Views)

Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? / My Omatek Laptop Loss Sound After I Have Formated It / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by smartg(m): 8:17am On Dec 12, 2013
greenPHP: It is very possible to recovery every formatted data. YES very possible!!!!
Use power data recovery. I have used it and it works perfect even on memory cards. You will recovery even 90% I assure you!!!
did you say it work for Memory card too?
Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by bigfrancis21: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tallesty1: You can't recover all but you can recover the most Important ones, here is what you will do: buy a data recovery software(i prefer easy recovery ₦100-₦150), get a flash drive, atleast 2g,.

1: Install the software then after installation,

2: launch it.

3: Select format option as the type of recovery you want to do. *The software will now search for the available disk, when it finds your hard disk*

4: select it and allow it to search for files.

5: Now connect your flash and select it as the place to save the recovered files.

6: While the files are being recovered you wll move them from flash back to your system to save space. Good luck.

Whether you're upgrading or formatting with windows 7, the software automatically backs up all your old files and packs them into one folder provided that your hard drive space is large enough to contain all your previous files(10GB, 150GB, etc) plus the new OS which you're installing.

I've done this severally before. I'm very sure of what I'm saying.
Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by maccolar: 3:28am On Dec 17, 2013
1. Stop write anything to your harddrive,otherwise you will re-write the files and permanently loose your important data.
2. Use some data recovery software like this one. My friends recommend it to me, it works pretty well. And then scan your hard drive with the program, set a destination folder (folder where recovered files will be saved) somewhere on your computer. When the scan was finished, it will return a file list, you can choose the files you want to recover.
http://www.recoverdatamac.com/data-recovery.html
Hope this help!
Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by compyla: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
It can be recovered, atleast a reasonable percentage of the data on it. As long as no other activity has been done on the hard drive since it was formatted.

You can like our page on facebook: http://fb.com/MyCompyla let's discuss more. Thanks.
Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by smithlynn602: 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
I would like to recommend Kernel for Windows Data Recovery Software for the recovery of your data from your Laptop which has Windows File System. To know more refer to http://www.freedatarecoverysoftware.org

Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by Onyenna(m): 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
denzel2009:

Bros, windows old only come up when you upgrade iirc from vista to 7 not when you format.

Not true denzel.....I've formatted my system(windows7) several times and each time I do that, I simply go to C: drive, "windows old" and copy my files..... BTW, I'm not talking about an Upgrade here.......
Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by denzel2009: 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
Onyenna:

Not true denzel.....I've formatted my system(windows7) several times and each time I do that, I simply go to C: drive, "windows old" and copy my files..... BTW, I'm not talking about an Upgrade here.......

You go and get a windows 7 OS cd, insert it in cd drive and boot with it and do a clean install come and tell me if you see any windows old.
Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by Onyenna(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
denzel2009:

You go and get a windows 7 OS cd, insert it in cd drive and boot with it and do a clean install come and tell me if you see any windows old.

K
Re: How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop by koderNeptune(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
I will sugget u try some softwares like Recuva and others from http://
www.techracle.com/system-efficiency/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John McAfee Wanted For Murder In Belize / How To Boost Internet Speed/improve Browsing Experience! / Computer Village Equivalent In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.