Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria (1638 Views)

What's Postal Code Of Lagos, Nigeria / Postal Codes Of Nigerian Cities / Postal Codes of Nigerian Cities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 11, 2013
and if a person posts a letter from say ikeja, how long will it take to get to victoria island. thanks
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Ok he is human.
From my experience(in abuja) interstate posts get delivered within 24 working hrs.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2013
obadiah777: and if a person posts a letter from say ikeja, how long will it take to get to victoria island. thanks

48hrs.

The postal system is very efficient these days.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 11, 2013
aieromon:

48hrs.

The postal system is very efficient these days.
for interstate mails doe. Cos my mail from US has gone Awol since july.
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by tpia5: 10:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Who is asking.
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 11, 2013
gcfr.com:
Ok he is human.
From my experience(in abuja) interstate posts get delivered within 24 working hrs.
of course i am human hehe tongue
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by tpia5: 11:02am On Dec 11, 2013
What type of human?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2013
gcfr.com:
for interstate mails doe. Cos my mail from US has gone Awol since july.

Mails getting lost in transit can't be ruled out. However, I have sent mails within and outside Nigeria in the last one year and have been impressed with the high rate of timely delivery.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 11:15am On Dec 11, 2013
Ikeja to VI by bus = 350
TnT and DHL service = N500(same day delivery)
NIPOST = 2 days or more,N50 stamp

Thread closed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by otokx(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2013
NIPOST has undergone a silent transformation over the years and are quite efficient; would advice GEJ to take NIPOST public so that every Nigerian can be able to own a part of it instead of selling it one day to DANGOTE.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2013
tpia@:
What type of human?
not your type. you are clearly unstable grin wink

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2013
aieromon:

Mails getting lost in transit can't be ruled out. However, I have sent mails within and outside Nigeria in the last one year and have been impressed with the high rate of timely delivery.

so they have postmen walking around delivering mails in nigeria ? thats impressive. i need to send a mail to a man who is frighteningly anti-technology. so i have to email the letter to someone and then have the person print it out and post it to the person. can you believe in 2013 some people dont have emails ? lol
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 11, 2013
ifyalways: Ikeja to VI by bus = 350
TnT and DHL service = N500(same day delivery)
NIPOST = 2 days or more,N50 stamp

Thread closed
wow thanks.
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by MEILYN(m): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
obadiah777: so they have postmen walking around delivering mails in nigeria ? thats impressive. i need to send a mail to a man who is frighteningly anti-technology. so i have to email the letter to someone and then have the person print it out and post it to the person. can you believe in 2013 some people dont have emails ? lol
hehehe. If say i get chance. I for deliver the letter for u.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
MEILYN: hehehe. If say i get chance. I for deliver the letter for u.
can you believe being anti-technology in 2013 bros ? this is crazy. i fit still need your help sha chief MEILYN. am still corresponding with dudes son to see if i can get his address. that dhl service is looking appealing right now lol grin
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
obadiah777: so they have postmen walking around delivering mails in nigeria ? thats impressive. i need to send a mail to a man who is frighteningly anti-technology. so i have to email the letter to someone and then have the person print it out and post it to the person. can you believe in 2013 some people dont have emails ? lol

Not really. There are General Post Offices and neighbourhood post offices. If you intend to post the letter to an address that doesn't have a Private Mail Bag, the letter will be dropped at the neighbourhood and a slip will be sent to the address to come and pick up his/her letter. Its faster if you are posting to a post office box.

Let's look at the Ikeja to Victoria Island scenario:

Drop the letter at the Ikeja GPO before 12 noon and it will get to Victoria Island GPO that same day. Sorting will take place the next day; if he has a post office box,it will be slotted into his mail box but if posted to an address, they will send to the nearest available neighbourhood post office which can increase delivery time. Register the letter and the mail will be dropped off at the recipient address the same day the mail is sorted.

The Nigerian Postal Service has been running a seamless service since 2009.

http://www.nipost.gov.ng/
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by tpia5: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
obadiah777: not your type. you are clearly unstable grin wink

So when you look at your threads and posts, what goes through your mind is "I am not unstable and neither am I a freaking psycho"?

Have you ever heard the phrase aitete m'ole, ole mu oloko?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
aieromon:

Not really. There are General Post Offices and neighbourhood post offices. If you intend to post the letter to an address that doesn't have a Private Mail Bag, the letter will be dropped at the neighbourhood and a slip will be sent to the address to come and pick up his/her letter. Its faster if you are posting to a post office box.

Let's look at the Ikeja to Victoria Island scenario:

Drop the letter at the Ikeja GPO before 12 noon and it will get to Victoria Island GPO that same day. Sorting will take place the next day; if he has a post office box,it will be slotted into his mail box but if posted to an address, they will send to the nearest available neighbourhood post office which can increase delivery time. Register the letter and the mail will be dropped off at the recipient address the same day the mail is sorted.

The Nigerian Postal Service has been running a seamless service since 2009.

http://www.nipost.gov.ng/
WOW THANKS bro for the indepth analysis. its much appreciated. up naija
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
tpia@:

So when you look at your threads and posts, what goes through your mind is "I am not unstable and neither am I a freaking psycho"?

Have you ever heard the phrase aitete m'ole, ole mu oloko?
i dont speak in tongues

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by MostHigh: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
obadiah777: i dont speak in tongues

grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 11, 2013

Hahahahhahahahahhahah!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by tpia5: 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2013

What are you feeling like?

Funky?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by homesteady(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
MostHigh:

grin
dayummmm MostHgh where you hiding at ? hope you are sharpening your sword for this impending viva revolucione wink wink
Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
sandijey:

Hahahahhahahahahhahah!
Top of the morning to ya mademoiselle sandi wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Postal Delivery Like In Nigeria ? Do People Post Letters In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
obadiah777: Top of the morning to ya mademoiselle sandi wink

Afternoon, obd cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Some Business Opportunities In The Downstream Oil And Gas Sector / How To Pay Cash Into Your Account At Any Bank / Paper Bag Feasibility Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.