Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Nigerian Sites Appauling! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Sites Appauling! (700 Views)

Poll: How would you rate Nigerian Sites Design

Very Poor: 0% (0 votes)
Poor: 50% (1 vote)
Average: 50% (1 vote)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Competitive (As against standards): 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Current Top 20 Nigerian Sites / Nigerian Sites And The Lack Of Contact Forms / All Nigerian Sites With .NG Domains Were Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Sites Appauling! by tomaagy(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
sometime I visit a national site and I'm honestly sorry to be a Nigerian they compromise design for functionality in almost all these sites the sites are always shabbily done or I'm I d only one seeing things like that?
Re: Nigerian Sites Appauling! by yawatide(f): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
reasons:
1) nepotism
2) cronyism
3) using the person who gives the most kickbacks
4) the pple in charge of such projects aren't knowledgeable in web dev
5) no oversight
6) no maintenance
7) no testing
Re: Nigerian Sites Appauling! by brownbonno(m): 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
tomaagy:

sometime I visit a national site and I'm honestly sorry to be a Nigerian they compromise design for functionality in almost all these sites the sites are always shabbily done or I'm I d only one seeing things like that?

Personally,i would say its too harsh to regret being a Nigerian because certain things are not done well.
In the are of IT and web development/design Nigeria is just coming up.Most designers have not actually got the proper trainings and most design tools are very expensive for a typical naija hustler.
Coming to terms,how Nigerians spend time on the internet searching for information(very fews),except those chatting in Yahoo and Msn.I remember in 2001 GSM network was only available in Lagos and some fews cities,But today its every nook and crannies.
Until the internet usage is high then you start seen competition and improvement in the trade.Lets give them some time to brace up.

yawa-ti-de:

reasons:
1) nepotism
2) cronyism
3) using the person who gives the most kickbacks
4) the people in charge of such projects aren't knowledgeable in web dev
5) no oversight
6) no maintenance
7) no testing

I know what you mean,don;t worry you will certainly stand above others by Gods grace.Just keep your head up and watch out.

(1) (Reply)

European Will Design Your Site For Free Believe Me / How To Avoid Getting Your Adsense Account Terminated / Get My Free E-book Today And Learn How To Make Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.