Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike (13451 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike / ASUU Strike Update: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Jayclinics(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2013
After five months and 10 days that the public universities have been shut due to the strike by the Academic Staff of Union of Universities, the Federal Government and the universities lecturers on Wednesday finally resolved to sign the 2013 Agreement. This is the review of the FGN-ASUU 2012 Memorandum of Understanding reached on the 2009 Agreement. Both parties, however, refused to give details of the agreement to journalists who witnessed the signing of the agreement. The meeting was almost aborted by the union but for the prompt intervention of some stakeholders. ASUU had on Tuesday vowed not to attend the meeting because there was no commitment and proper invitation from the government. The union had demanded the proof of payment of the N200bn universities infrastructure fund, non-victimisation clause, review of the Agreement in 2014 and that a representative of government, preferably the Attorney-General of the Federation sign the agreement as conditions to call-off the strike which began on July 1. Our correspondent, however, gathered that the union got three of its demands while it relinquished one to the government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/at-last-fg-ASUU-sign-agreement-to-end-strike/
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by immortalcrown(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2013
So soon?
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Jayclinics(m): 7:14am On Dec 12, 2013
yea
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Preceedo(m): 7:16am On Dec 12, 2013
In case it makes the front page

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Nairalane: 7:18am On Dec 12, 2013
D
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by youngestgrad(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2013
omo christmas don reach ooo
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2013
E clear say na serious CONCOCTION rice men go chop for xmas
kia, walahi dis one na seriouz gobe grin grin

3 Likes

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Ptoocool(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2013
Its real oo..

Sauce: ALAROYE..
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Sard(m): 8:12am On Dec 12, 2013
space booked,incase it makes FP
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by ceosville(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2013
cry cry
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Sexybarbie(f): 8:46am On Dec 12, 2013
Praise The Lord! Finally The Lord has done it ooooo. Now i can celebrate dis xmas wit Joy.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by linpok: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2013
SMH! dis is "NO" progress at all.aftr how mani months..BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE...
bunch of flying jammers
zipping about randomly.....MtCheww

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Jayclinics(m): 9:48am On Dec 12, 2013
they wud ve left it till nxt year
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Janeglitter(f): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2013
Ok na. I wana hear a better news. Something like "ASUU calls off strike"

2 Likes

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by phumzyxvicky(f): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2013
wt abt does 1s dt ws sackd durin d refusesal 2 pulout 4rm d strike
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by ajasa4link: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2013
After successfully wasting the students' time they finally come to an agreement? Do they know the economic implications of the strike on the students...Some students (like me)were 4 weeks away from final exams before the strike, now they wasted almost 6 months of such student's academic life over an agreement they could've signed earlier...Hmmmmmm...I think we need to start suing the government, bodies and organisations in this country whom we feel are trampling on our right. By the way, I think the strike is a breach of contract on the part of the schools because once a student pays his tuition fees,he enters into a contract of performance with the school and as such, the school should see to it that such student gets the value for his money within the expected time frame of the contract.... But alas! we are in Nigeria where nothing works......As for the fg saying the strike is politically motivated, Yes it is but the fg could've nipped it in the bud by making sure it was resolved earlier.
LAST BULLET: in saner countries, Jonathan will never win even an ordinary local councillors election again for the single fact of heading a government under whose administration the education sector was crippled for almost half a year, but this is Nigeria where nothing works the way it should..Welcome to the jungle!

8 Likes

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Big4wig(m): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
If i begin to rain curses on fg & ASUU for making me waste a whooping 5months my comment would be banned so there is no need for posting!!!!

Already Banned by deols in Islam for Muslims for derailing thread. Ban expires on2:24pm OnFeb 12,2014. angry

2 Likes

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by alexleo(m): 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
I salute ASUU for standing their ground and making the FG do the right thing. This is how change starts.

2 Likes

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by victorazy(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
angry ooo!! So this small girl wey I dey punny go soon leave me go back to schl for those small small boyz to continue her <sad

2 Likes

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by YoshiMaster: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
ajasa4link: After successfully wasting the students' time they finally come to an agreement? Do they know the economic implications of the strike on the students...Some students (like me)were 4 weeks away from final exams before the strike, now they wasted almost 6 months of such student's academic life over an agreement they could've signed earlier...Hmmmmmm...I think we need to start suing the government, bodies and organisations in this country whom we feel are trampling on our right. By the way, I think the strike is a breach of contract on the part of the schools because once a student pays his tuition fees,he enters into a contract of performance with the school and as such, the school should see to it that such student gets the value for his money within the expected time frame of the contract.... But alas! we are in Nigeria where nothing works......As for the fg saying the strike is politically motivated, Yes it is but the fg could've nipped it in the bud by making sure it was resolved earlier.
LAST BULLET: in saner countries, Jonathan will never win even an ordinary local councillors election again for the single fact of heading a government under whose administration the education sector was crippled for almost half a year, but this is Nigeria where nothing works the way it should..Welcome to the jungle!

I really feel your pain, but just imagine that after your 6 months vacation, you would then have to take another year off, for the NYSC.

During that year you may be sent to a village to teach something you yourself haven't fully mastered, and ofcourse you are not a certified teacher, neither do you have a teaching license. Still you will be called upon to take this one year out of your life, away from the path of your career, just so that we can learn to get along.

Welcome to the Jungle.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by beatricewebb: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
ASUU has lost its pedigree for allowing innocent student to bear the burden of this strike while their children are all in private universities

1 Like

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
I'm just really worried about the light situation in lagos angry

Noise allday everyday angry
Different sounds of gen: morning shift, night shift undecided

How do businesses make profit with all this buying of fuel/diesel

How do ppl cope
Mtcheew
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by LMAyedun(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
All I wanna hear is "ASUU calls off 5 months old strike"
Let all Unis hit-the ground-running from Jan 2nd 2014.

Next news plss
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Aromas: 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
youngestgrad: omo christmas don reach ooo

No mind den jare
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by DrOBD(m): 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Noted
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by 190: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
i made it in time for page 1

every one see me see me i made front page

my name is 190 grin
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by psammyJ(m): 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Jay clinics: they wud ve left it till nxt year
are u a student?c watin assu dey cos...'dey would hv left it'

2 Likes

Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Nomski0(f): 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Why now When the festive period is picking up.

Yeye bad belles.angry
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by koboko69: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Duplicate
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by koboko69: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
dimples*:
I'm just really worried about the light situation in lagos angry

Noise allday everyday angry
Different sounds of gen: morning shift, night shift undecided

How do businesses make profit with all this buying of fuel/diesel

How do ppl cope
Mtcheew

Nna men. As ASUU news don tire us. Na every where for lag o. Odi kwa serious....its not a small something o.
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by Whizkeey(m): 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tank God buh dey shud wait till next year january na... I still dey hustle o
Re: At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike by lincolnj88: 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
grin then lets see if wont have to photostat an outdated article made since 1908 usually called handout by students.and proudly called my note by some lectures usually more than 40 pages

(1) (2) (Reply)

LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) / The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / Affordable Private Sschool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.