Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Is Masturbation A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Masturbation A Sin? (916 Views)

Is Masturbation A Sin? / Masturbation Opens Spiritual Portals. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Masturbation A Sin? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2013
Hi fellow nairalanders, i'll like to know what the bible say about masturbation? Is it a sinful act, cos most xtians claim d bible neva mention anything abt it, have seen even pastors hide under the influence of 'there's no law against it'. As brothers and sisters in christ, i'll like. For us to debate this. Thanks for ur response.
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2013
I meant Mas*tur*ba*tion, na nairaland change am to self-service o
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Dygeasy(m): 10:01am On Dec 12, 2013
It Might Be And It Might Not Be. Why?

Neither Of The Two Holy Books Categorically Stated Anything About It. We Can't Decide For God Can We? grin

It Might Be Cos Its A Sin Of The Flesh... Lust, Yeah.

MO

I Could Tell You The Psychological Effects Though But If Its A Sin Or Not, Let The People Wey Sabi Talk grin
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2013
Dygeasy: It Might Be And It Might Not Be. Why?

Neither Of The Two Holy Books Categorically Stated Anything About It. We Can't Decide For God Can We? grin

It Might Be Cos Its A Sin Of The Flesh... Lust, Yeah.

MO

I Could Tell You The Psychological Effects Though But If Its A Sin Or Not, Let The People Wey Sabi Talk grin

Couldnt agree mor, bt y nt share d psychological effects and lets all see. Thanks
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:27am On Dec 12, 2013
Here is my view:
I Guess 'tis a sin...Why? God created both the man and woman, and the Bible says 'the man shall cleave unto his wife' which(to me) means S'e'x should be enjoyed by both parties...God would have stated 'it' to Man if He supported M*asturbation, but He told them to "increase and mutiply"...i really hope you get me.

1 Like

Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by dragon2(m): 11:37am On Dec 12, 2013
Mastur*bation is a sin,its even worse than adultery or fornication, the latter two is a corruption of marriage,the institition within which sex is approved for the future nuture/upbringing of Gods children. Though a corruption of nature,these (fornicatiin and adultery)are natural acts(sex). Mastur*bation though is against nature,as an act it has no fruit(compared to sex whoes fruit is childbirth),its only goal is pleasure,as a result it is a hedonistic act and against God. Its closest relative is homo-sexualism. Both are unnatural(hedonistic ) acts.
Paul in his letter to the romans (Rom 1: 26-27). speaks more.
For this cause God gave them up to vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature :likewise also the men,leaving the natural use of the woman,burned in their lust one towards another;.... Here you see that sex between men and women is natural(though it can be corrupted by fornication and adultery).
Masturbation however, is un-natural.

Peace.
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Godmouth(m): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
God abhors masturbation and it is very grievious before Him, infact: far more condesending than adultery and fornication. It is a real perversion to the natural ideals of God for sexual relationship between a man and a woman.
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Rossikk(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
No, it is NOT a "sin", and whoever says it is deserves a BIG BLACK ROD up their assssss!
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Demainman1: 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
IS NIGHT CLUBBING A SIN. THE BIBLE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by roland2rule(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
Some pple will just keep saying rubbish... God hates this, God hates that....... As if they av seen God b4 and ask 4 what he like/hate
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Bigsteveg(m): 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
I think most times we mis-quote the bible, what i know is dat what u dont know as a sin is neva a sin, it becomes a sin wen u know its a sin and dere's a law bindin it.
For example, in nigeria, maurijana is illegal, dat means it a sin against God also, but in mexico and some oda countries, its legal, for me that is not a sin against God there.
I'll say the Holy spirit should help us and let us be worthy of God's kingdom and let our sins be forgiven on the judgement day.
##SHALOM##
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by dragon2(m): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
^^^ You asked to be educated,now you have been. You have been told why it is a sin, now you know. Do you want to still claim ignorance? The world revolves around God, not the other way round. I dont mean to sound harsh.

peace to all.
Re: Is Masturbation A Sin? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
drag_on: ^^^ You asked to be educated,now you have been. You have been told why it is a sin, now you know. Do you want to still claim ignorance? The world revolves around God, not the other way round. I dont mean to sound harsh.

peace to all.
Dat wasnt harsh, we all need to prove a point, i dunno and dat was y i asked, dat tot just came to me and i decided to throw it open

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Those Who Don't Celebrate Christmas; What's Ur Reason? / A Hoax / [photo]forbes List Of Top 5 Richest Pastors In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.