Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

The Great Deliverer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Deliverer (596 Views)

Daily Grace Capsule | Wed.20th.may.2015 | Thou Father, My Deliverer! (wordfare) / The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion / The DELIVERER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Great Deliverer by VLadipo: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2013
God is great but He humbles Himself to the level of His children to deliver them. The one who will deliver you must be stronger than the enemy holding you captive. The reason He is able to deliver is because He is stronger than all your enemies put together. This is why in Psalm 24:7-10, He is called the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battles and the Lord of Host. It does not matter the enemy fighting you, as long as the One who is mighty in battle is on your side, you will definitely be victorious. Even if you are the one who got yourself in Satan’s captivity-that is, you are a lawful captive-if you call on Him, He will deliver you (Isaiah 49:24-26).

Many years ago, there was a wedding in my village and I was invited to preach on that day. I had been away from home for a long time because of the many things I had suffered from the hands of witches and wizards for 13 years. On arrival at the wedding, I saw many of them and had to change my message. I dared them to come out of darkness or get ready to be roasted. When the sermon was over, I left, but the witches went to confront the mother of the bride, saying that she invited them so that I could insult them. They threatened to wait for the lady after conception and that she will never deliver the baby. When her daughter became pregnant, the mother wrote to tell me the trouble I had brought her. I smiled and replied that on the day of delivery, the witches will be asleep. The lady came to camp for a programme while the witches were planning for the delivery date. She went into labour at the camp and within 10 minutes, she had delivered. Similarly, during a particular convention we had in America, news came that some people had planted a bomb at the auditorium, which was set to explode at 1 a.m. of the Holy Ghost night. My children panicked but I asked them to relax knowing that the God that I serve can neutralize any bomb, because He says no weapon formed against us shall prosper. What situation are you in today that hold back your freedom? The Lord will deliver you.

Memorise:
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psalm 91:15

Read:
Psalm 91:14-15

Bible in one year:
Job 21-24

Action point:
Ask that the fire of the Holy Ghost will go to every evil gathering where the enemies are planning against you and your family, and destroy them.

Culled from Open Heavens daily devotional for December 13, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye.
Visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a daily devotional.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Jailed 20 Years For Raping Pregnant, Deaf Woman / On The 70th Birthday Of Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye In March, 2012 / See Yourself As A Positive Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.