Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,522 members, 7,954,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres (979 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:37am On Dec 13, 2013
I've always thought and wondered what our present day churches are now turning. I must say: our churches today are now business centres, most pastors build their personal/private churches in order to make money. I wonder when we'll start building on the foundation laid by the Early Church. "If you can give me 'sososo amount, before tomorrow you'll receive double", some pastors will say. Their sermons are always based on "Blessings,Money etc" when we're commanded "to seek first the kingdom of God". Revivals and Crusades are 'set-up' mostly because of gathering money..
And the question is: who should we blame? I think we should blame ourselves. Why? Most of us(christians) run after prophets for miracles......How do we solve/control this? Your Opinions Please.
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by MANGAM(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2013
Very pathetic

1 Like

Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by danielblessing(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2013
Prayer can solve the issue. Mind you this is end time so it is expected, men shall be lovers of themselves than lovers of God.
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
danielblessing: Prayer can solve the issue. Mind you this is end time so it is expected, men shall be lovers of themselves than lovers of God.
yea, that's true.
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by larrymoore(m): 4:51am On Dec 14, 2013
My street is just about 500miles long, there are 6 churches there two are of the same denomination occupying different buildings. To me, salvations is not just everywhere.
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 14, 2013
larrymoore: My street is just about 500miles long, there are 6 churches there two are of the same denomination occupying different buildings. To me, salvations is not just everywhere.

Imagine a pastor saying 'if you don't pay tithe,,you'll still loose your money through accident, sickness or loose your job because God will not rebuke the devourer for your sake.

So in my own words, it means that blessings of God are now tied to tithing and nothing more.

They're trying so hard to turn God into 'Bribe me or you're on your own' haba.

Note: am not against tithing o, but how come its only tithe that gets this amount of attention?

Same pastor will not say anything about ladies dressing like p.r.o.s.t.i.t.u.t.es in church. You don't need to live in the consciousness of sin now that you're born again. Some of the reasons are:
1. God doesn't look at the outward appearance
2. We're now under grace not under the law
3. In the presence of God there's liberty.

I guess TITHE is one command that all these New Testament grace(s) cannot accommodate

Why not emphasize all or leave tithe alone.chikena
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 14, 2013
tithe equals 10percent of your increase. Increase means profit.

Which means tithe is 10percent of your profit. Right?

Last time I checked, profit is derived after expenses have bn deducted. Right?

Have u seen any pastor teaching how this tithe should be calculated?

Infact if you win a contract of 100million, they're already expecting 10million in tithe. Even when the contract has not bn executed.who cares,just pay the tithe first.

God will have mercy on all of us
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Kamsy10: tithe equals 10percent of your increase. Increase means profit.

Which means tithe is 10percent of your profit. Right?

Last time I checked, profit is derived after expenses have bn deducted. Right?

Have u seen any pastor teaching how this tithe should be calculated?

Infact if you win a contract of 100million, they're already expecting 10million in tithe. Even when the contract has not bn executed.who cares,just pay the tithe first.

God will have mercy on all of us
Amen...but what do we do now?
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2013
larrymoore: My street is just about 500miles long, there are 6 churches there two are of the same denomination occupying different buildings. To me, salvations is not just everywhere.
exactly! i just don't know what our churches are turning to these days, it's really painful.
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by Sunmax01(m): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: exactly! i just don't know what our churches are turning to these days, it's really painful.
By thier fruit ye shall know them. That what the Bible says, we can only pray for them for now because there is little we can do that can change it. Only prayer of faith can move mountain. PRAYER will change the situation.
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by dorox(m): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
I am sure you meant 500 meters, even then i would say your street is long. you make an excellent point
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
Sunmax01:
By thier fruit ye shall know them. That what the Bible says, we can only pray for them for now because there is little we can do that can change it. Only prayer of faith can move mountain. PRAYER will change the situation.
noted!
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by Kiingsolomon(f): 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: I've always thought and wondered what our present day churches are now turning. I must say: our churches today are now business centres, most pastors build their personal/private churches in order to make money. I wonder when we'll start building on the foundation laid by the Early Church. "If you can give me 'sososo amount, before tomorrow you'll receive double", some pastors will say. Their sermons are always based on "Blessings,Money etc" when we're commanded "to seek first the kingdom of God". Revivals and Crusades are 'set-up' mostly because of gathering money..
And the question is: who should we blame? I think we should blame ourselves. Why? Most of us(christians) run after prophets for miracles......How do we solve/control this? Your Opinions Please.
My brother, thIS is fortold in the scripture already, so there is absolutely NOTHING one can do to it, BUT TO GUARD ONE'S SELF AGAINST BEING PARTAKERS OF "the customers" or "the bussiness man/woman" .

And Emphasis is laid on THE MERCY OF GOD; cuz most of them ain't doing it in accordance with their INITIAL will.... THE DEVIL REALLY GOT THEM, out of not being vigilant enough. And then, became totally blind to the truth.

May the Lord hold us strong!

3 Likes

Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kiingsolomon: My brother, thIS is fortold in the scripture already, so there is absolutely NOTHING one can do to it, BUT TO GUARD ONE'S SELF AGAINST BEING PARTAKERS OF "the customers" or "the bussiness man/woman" .

And Emphasis is laid on THE MERCY OF GOD; cuz most of them ain't doing it in accordance with their INITIAL will.... THE DEVIL REALLY GOT THEM, out of not being vigilant enough. And then, became totally blind to the truth.

May the Lord hold us strong!
AMEN...now, i get.
Re: Most Of Our Churches Are Now Business Centres by Kiingsolomon(f): 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: AMEN...now, i get.
yeah! Datz it bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adam And Eve A Fable, Hell Is A Mere Metaphor – Says Pop / Was Joseph Made King Before Or After The Dream Came Through / [CATHOLIC REALITIES] Life And Apparitions To The Servant Of God, Edvige Carboni.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.