Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

“it Will The Gunners’ Greatest Acid Test” –preview Of Manchester City Vs Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “it Will The Gunners’ Greatest Acid Test” –preview Of Manchester City Vs Arsenal (439 Views)

Acid Test For Oliseh : Eagles To Face Ghana And Cameroon In Friendly / Meet Arsenal's New Striker - Goal.com Mocks The Gunners? / The Gunners' First Quiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“it Will The Gunners’ Greatest Acid Test” –preview Of Manchester City Vs Arsenal by SportsCabal: 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2013

The Arsenal/City game has finally arrived. It is a game the pundits have tagged our greatest acid test, seeing that City have won all their games at home. Arsenal go into the City game at the back of a 2-0 defeat in Naples. Our defensive solidity crumbled after holding firmly for 70 odd minutes, which gives our detractors ammunition to flog us with.

Arsenal have no injury worries to contend with from the Napoli game and Sagna looks most likely to be in the squad – massive positive for us.
My predicted line-up;

Goal Keeper: Szczesny

Defender: Sagna – Mertesacker – Koscielny – Gibbs

Midfield Back: Flamini – Ramsey

Midfield Forward: Jack – Özil – Rosicky

Attack: Giroud

City have a breathtaking attack, capable of scoring goals at any time. Our defence must be vigilant always. We must go into the match with defensive solidity approach first and foremost and then we build on from there.

Defensively, City aren’t world beaters and we have got players capable of hurting them. If we are to get a positive result, then it is in midfield we must try to gain the edge. Pressing of the Yaya-Fernandinho axis is key and also, trying to get behind those two will help us create chances.

The attacking trio behind Giroud will have their work cut-out – reason we need the energy of Rosicky. Rosicky leads our pressing pack with aplomb. When he leads others will follow duly.

I’m a big Giroud fan and I hate it when he is unfairly criticised, but truth is he must try to be a lot more clinical. Tomorrow is the right time to do just that and really, it is high time he scored against the big boys.

I think we can get a good result at the Etihad, if we play how well we can play. I see no reason why we can’t get the three points but mind you, a draw wouldn’t be a bad result.

Till next time, Thank God it’s Friday and check out other interesting sports updates at SportsCabal - http://sportscabal.com

(1) (Reply)

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Full Round Of 16 Draw / Moyes Determined To Win Capital One Cup / Chelsea So Vulnerable So Far In 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.