Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

SMS Based Subscrition For A Site - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / SMS Based Subscrition For A Site (736 Views)

Who Can Build A Site Like FACEBOOK? / What Programming Languages Do I Need To Design A Site Like Nairaland? / A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SMS Based Subscrition For A Site by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
As most website owners would know, online subscription is not all that easy in Nigeria, given that paypal rejected us, and very few Nigerians use/trust any other payment processor.
Well, I would like to know the procedures/processes needed for me to be able to connect my site to sms subscription.

I really don't know how best to explain this, but, users send a specific text to a specific number of 4 or 5 or 6 or whatever digits from any network, and are charged maybe N100 or N200 for the sms and this amount or 80% or whatever % of this amount (might vary depending on the network provider. I really don't know how it works) enters a bank account (I guess), and by some means the user's account that's connected to the phone number where the message was sent from gets activated for whatever subscription plan or upgrade chosen.

For example with Nairaland. If the owner should decide to have vip members, and to be a VIP costs N500.
All the member has to do is send a text, with content "VIP" to maybe "98238" and N500 is deducted from is mobile account balance while the owner of NL is credited with maybe N400 or the entire N500 to his bank acc, while at the same time that member is being activated as a VIP member.

I think that example made my idea more clear. And I believe this is easier, faster and safer for end-users. How can a system like this be set up?
Re: SMS Based Subscrition For A Site by Javanian: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: SMS Based Subscrition For A Site by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 14, 2013
Javanian: http://shortcodenigeria.com/

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Create Your Own Machine Learning Powered RSS Reader In Under 30 Minutes / Advantages Of Scripting Language / Amazon Now Allows Live Mobile App Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.