Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession (1205 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Easiest Way To Travel Abroad / Motives Behind The Constant Desire To Travel Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession by 8ball(m): 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2008
This is by far a menace that seriously needs to be curbed if not purged.Travelling abroad tho av been seen in the country by many uninformed people as a shortcut to wealth n enormous affluence.When planning to travel abroad,one has to make sure it is for the right reasons and for legitimate reasons.so much av been said about our bravas and sisters scattered all ova in diaspora barely managing to scrape a living out there and yet cannot come back to their home country cos they will either be the laughing stock of friends and foes alike or worse still, face humiliation upon return at the Airports.The quest to travel out of the country ought not be an obsession if it is for a valid or good reason.

I have a friend that has just been refused visa to Europe for the 12th time.After critically examining his situation,i found out that he wants to travel out at all costs.i advised him to think properly and seek out productive opportunities lurking in the country.

A lot of people are still caught up in this obsession.It is our duty to counsel them or what do u guys think?
Re: When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession by HRhotness(f): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2008
they will tell u that it is bad belle that is worrying u. . . that u r abroad and dont want them to join u. . .

i say let them find out for themseleves how hard it is
Re: When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession by lucabrasi(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2008
@poster
dude you cant advise anybody not to travel out no matter the number of refusals seeing as they are not going out sight seeing but as economic migrants,the only thing i think makes sense is to tell them the reality ofthings on ground but to now tell them to stay in nigeria and do something else is wrong especially if you are abroad then u cant stand on any moral highground to advice them not to travel
Re: When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession by brownbonno(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2008
Let people who want to travel to please do.If the obsession is for a better life fine.Migration is part of human nature.I can tell you there alot of Nigerians even here in the UK who cannot regularise their stay after their studies and have no immediate plans to go back home.So what happen to them after all the ambitious trip to get a better education without a better plans for the post study period.
Re: When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession by bigkayy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2008
The quest to travel abroad becomes an obsession the minute you harbor the thought of departing your homeland without appropriate documentation
Re: When The Quest To Travel Abroad Becomes An Obsession by 8ball(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
bigkayy:

The quest to travel abroad becomes an obsession the minute you harbor the thought of departing your homeland without appropriate documentation

absolutely !!,i couldn't agree more

(1) (Reply)

Some German Interview Tips. / Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? / Visa To Travel To Venezuela (south America), 100% Guarantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.