Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? (758 Views)

Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / Marriage: Love Is Gone For One In Four / Which Stands Better In Marriage, Love Or Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 14, 2013
Until recent times when the grave consequences
attending total negligence of genotype started
taking a worrisome turn; true love, which is
considered by all as rare and only God-given,
would have been all that is requisite for a couple
to walk down the aisle to exchange connubial vows.

Today however, as the fear of bearing a sickler
for a child becomes the beginning of wisdom, a
million-dollar question that all intending husbands
and wives must answer in their decisions about who
to marry is:
What takes preference; Love or Genotype?
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by bellong: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2013
Nothing takes precedence. One is not independent of the other. All factors must be put into consideration holistically before making the final decision.

1 Like

Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by Woged2005(f): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
bellong: Nothing takes precedence. One is not independent of the other. All factors must be put into consideration holistically before making the final decision.

Nice topic but it depends on what one's goal is in marriage. Different people have different goals in marriage:

-A politician who wants a well-connected, beautiful wife to win elections - Love and genotype does not matter to him
-A Pastor or celebrity who wants a picture-perfect wife for show/ events - Love and genotype does not matter to him
-A needy naija girl who wants a man to take care of her needs - Love and genotype does not matter to her
- The Yerima's who want maximum s.exual control and enjoyment of a young female body - Love and genotype does not matter to him
- The poor Okoro who wants greencard to work and make a living abroad - Love and genotype does not matter to him
- The busy-body, senior chic who marries a grandpa and wants him dead sooner than he thinks to inherit his assets - Love and genotype does not matter to her

However,

- the Naija chief who wants a male child to answer his name - Genotype matters to him
- The majority who want peace of mind at home - Love matters to them.

In all, it's naive to marry someone who will get u a sickle cell baby (why knowingly bring in someone into the world to suffer & die?). Anyway the catholic church will not wed 2 AS genotypes anyway.

Bro, let your head do the thinking before marriage and not d rod between ur legs. You may regret it!

grin

1 Like

Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by bellong: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
Woged2005:

However,

- the Naija chief who wants a male child to answer his name - Genotype matters to him
- The majority who want peace of mind at home - Love matters to them.

grin

How does genotype relates with the Y-chromosome?
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by MissIndependent(f): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
I learnt there is a machine that detects the genotype of a baby before it is born but the cost of the scan is as expensive as building a house how true?
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by Woged2005(f): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
bellong:

How does genotype relates with the Y-chromosome?

Because 'Chief' wants a healthy male child and not a Sickler...
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by onegig(m): 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
Woged2005:

how please?

you worked yourself into a tight corner. No backing out
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by onegig(m): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Woged2005:

Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by Kanwulia: 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
LOVE is DESTINY! cool
In sickness and in DEATH, I am loyal! kiss
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by greatgod2012(f): 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
Romantic love is gradual. Before it gets to the peak, genotype comes first.

3 Likes

Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by addictiv(m): 1:18am On Dec 15, 2013
[size=15pt]Genotype!![/size]!
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by Woged2005(f): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2013
onegig: how please?

you worked yourself into a tight corner. No backing out

How please? I already told you why naija chiefs won't marry someone that will give them a sickler. They marry to have healthy offsprings who wil inherit their wealth not for love.
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by onegig(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2013
Woged2005:

How please? I already told you why naija chiefs won't marry someone that will give them a sickler. They marry to have healthy offsprings who wil inherit their wealth not for love.
does a naija chief understand genotype ?

and how does genotype here correlate with healthy children? Most naija chiefs marry based on physical features neither love nor genotype.

You think an AS chief wont marry another AS lady if he sees his physial taste in her. So is that marrying based on genotype?
Re: What Takes Preference In Marriage – Love Orgenotype? by kayangel(f): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
As for me writer,in all sincerity consider genotype than love. Consider the future of your unborn children ,what they will be into because of the mistake of their parents. When sicklers tell you what the pass through,aah,you will definitely scream oh my God! . Irrespective of their intake of drugs you can still see its just God's mercy. that is keeping them. I have a friend that once had a lady(medical doctor) he was madly inlove with,infact they both were just true lovers but they really had to path ways because of their children's future. Yea,so many instances. Guys,ladies, i beg you in God's name why not save yourselves this aches by knowing the genotype of someone you met before growing this love of a thing. One can really avoid this later aches you know. I pray for God's divine wisdom and strength upon your life to give you a good direction. Amen. Believe me the pain maybe much now but you will be happy you did later.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

- / Is It Right For The Husband To Be Responsible For Housekeeping Of The Home? / Gunman In Canada Kills Eight People Then Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.