Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists (8086 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
Keluong:

I cant explain God's ability, what he can do and cannot or what he has done and in extension, how he made this world.
Fair enough. smiley

Keluong:

One thing I know for sure

shocked undecided
You don't know, but you also know for sure?

Do I smell a biggggggggggg contradiction, or is it just me?
Keluong:

conscious supreme being, is responsible the existence of you and I.

Pls pls lets see just how honest you are.

With the above (contradictory) statements,
are you man enough to admit that you know all this because you thought it all up in your mind, you mined it from the depths of your mind, you conjured it, you manufactured and you molded it according to the depth and knowledge base of your mind?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by DeepSight(m): 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
^^^ Knowing, through available evidence, and logical deduction, that God exists, does not contradict NOT knowing the full scope of God's nature. The full scope of man's nature is not even known.

You guys often give the impression of being excited to sit back and pick holes (even where the holes you pick are flawed) rather than sit together and reason together in all seriousness. Well, I forgot you said there is no need to be serious on this forum. I see things differently.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton:
Yeah Josh. Primitive men of all ages understand this, that is why they sacrificed their children to this invisible sky daddy of yours.

We are very thankful to them, aren't we?
so? How do you tie God's attributes written in creation with men becoming futile in their thinking? The same God punished nations for doing stuff like chuild sacrifice and violent homosexuality and you still complain. Sometimes I lose patience with your pathetic and puerile excuses to continue on in your willful ignorance and blindness. Go on then. Continue.

God works his plans, he doesn't bother with arrogant people or people who don't want to forsake sin sometimes. Infact, he gives them the sarcastic go-ahead. So go ahead then speaking in knowing speculative ignorance. I hope beyond all things that the truth does not catch up with you when its too late.

plaetton:
Is your best friend josh hardwired to contemplate that his sky daddy might have been flesh and blood extra-terrestrial biological entities who just awed and wowed primitive humans with space age technological wizardry?

His mind is too juvenile for such.
always contradicting yourself and deliberately choosing a biased interpretation to normal things, throwing away contemplative reasoning and resorting to mockery. Chai.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Enigma(m): 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
@Joshthefirst

See this. smiley

Enigma: Apart from hubris and their inevitable dishonesty borne of intellectual weakness and deliberate self-blindness borne of rebellion to God, it is unimaginable that any person with an iota of intelligence will raise things like the flying spaghetti monster, unicorns etc in discussion of the existence or otherwise of God - religion or no religion! To the clear thinker, a person who raises such things immediately marks himself out as an utter fool! Unfortunately, the type of evangelical atheists that constitute themselves into nuisance trolls on forums like this are too poor to see this. Anyway, even the people who do their thinking for them - the Dawkins, Dennetts, Harrises etc that they parrot robotically and copy and paste to boring length here - do the same, though for obvious somewhat "more concrete" self-serving reasons. .....
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Deep Sight: ^^^ Knowing, through available evidence, and logical deduction, that God exists, does not contradict NOT knowing the full scope of God's nature. The full scope of man's nature is not even known.

You guys often give the impression of being excited to sit back and pick holes (even where the holes you pick are flawed) rather than sit together and reason together in all seriousness. Well, I forgot you said there is no need to be serious on this forum. I see things differently.

What available evidence?

Pls Keep logical deduction aside for now, because anyone can logically deduce anything they wish.
After all, magical thinking is an advanced form of logical deduction.

If we had evidence, there would have been no arguments.
For example, I have never met non-believers of gravity because there is no doubt about it's existence.

God is an idea. Period.
Primitive minds fashioned primitive gods.
A brilliant mind such as your fashions a much more refined god.

I am sure if you and I get together and call it a task, we can even fashion a much better god than you currently have.

God is a work in progress, just like our minds,

We have come a Lllllllong way , baby.
lol
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Enigma: @Joshthefirst

See this. smiley

toh. Gaskya. Wetin man go do. Wetin man go tok when peson don harden his mind.

Thank God I'm not the first to say this. Witnesses have come and gone. grin

Are their minds too callous to think of the amazing amount of people and words ramming their minds and hearts with the same message?

Thank you sir. It seems Josh is not truly the first. He may very well be the last...
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: toh. Gaskya. Wetin man go do. Wetin man go tok when peson don harden his mind.

Are their minds too callous to think of the amazing amount of people and words ramming their minds and hearts with the same message?

Thank you sir. It seems Josh is not truly the first. He may very well be the last...

Yeah.
Power in numbers, eh?

It seems now that retards of the same lobotomy flock together.

I should suspend my brain and cast my lot with a bunch of moronic children, mentally retarded juveniles, who , funny enough , have been sold the fairy tales of mentally dysfunctional stone age people, like Moses( an epileptic), Ezekiel (mad man) , Amos (mad man), Apostle Paul (an Epileptic), Constantine( a murderous mad man), and the list goes on.

Keep your silly fairy tales to yourself and you wont ever have to worry about people like me.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: toh. Gaskya. Wetin man go do. Wetin man go tok when peson don harden his mind.

Why can't your Santa-like god come out and speak for himself.
He needs tons of retards to speak and hate on his behalf.

Good works josh, you are earning your seat in the spaceship jesus.

I just hope Jesus hurry's up and comes quickly and vacuum-cleans all of you into the celestial dustbin.

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton:

Yeah.
Power in numbers, eh?

It seems now that retards of the same lobotomy flock together.

I should suspend my brain and cast my lot with a bunch of moronic children, mentally retarded juveniles, who , funny enough , have been sold the fairy tales of mentally dysfunctional stone age people, like Moses( an epileptic), Ezekiel (mad man) , Amos (mad man), Apostle Paul (an Epileptic), Constantine( a murderous mad man), and the list goes on.

Keep your silly fairy tales to yourself and you wont ever have to worry about people like me.
no. You should pick your brain up and discard foolish reasoning and speculative nonsense as many over and over again try to ramm some coherence into you.

You who call people who have made others better than yourself mad and epileptic. grin

Yet he claims a bonobo as a cousin and believes consciousness is wave-frequency.
Who claims sending men to space will help us overcome our basic problems. Who claims and blindly believes non-directed non-conscious randomness has created the universe in all its direction and life and order. Who tries as much as possible to "rationalize" wrong-doing as relative and other fanatical ravings. Its not my fault that the truth hurts you this bad. Keep your madness and evil to yourself then and stop zealously spreading it as much as you can then.

plaetton:

Why can't your Santa-like god come out and speak for himself.
He needs tons of retards to speak and hate on his behalf.

Good works josh, you are earning your seat in the spaceship jesus.

I just hope Jesus hurry's up and comes quickly and vacuums all of you into the celestial dustbin.
why should Jesus come down to prove himself to you? to you in your arrogant stupidity? who do you think you are?

What pathetic concept have you conjured again? Of an all-powerful God who would stoop to reveal himself on the terms of an arrogant mocker?

Sorry to destroy another of your false and pathetic strongholds, but if God exists(and he does), why would he come by your terms and conditions?
You have to diligently seek him man, and stop decieving yourself in your empty and arrogant words of mockery.

Strong words must be spoken to reach across to those who have thickened their skulls, even Jesus acknowledged that.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Kay17: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Keluong:
To elaborate on my point;
God exists
I used to be an atheist.

But I was reading the constituents of the eye and I had to honestly tell myself that it cannot come by chance.

I have always seen the universe as existing from nothing. Even when assuming that nothing evolved to something by a force which I do not know, (if you believe in evolution). How did life come out to be? I am into engineering, so I have seen many machines and control systems and I know what is involved behind the box. The assembly of components at the right places to do a specific task. Now that is a machine. We humans are multifaceted. We are too intricate to have arrived by chance So I cant choose to believe that all these were unconsciously assembled.
I am not a christian, so I wont divulge into the reasons for anomalies of life and creation.
Everything we see around us was set into motion from day1.
I dont think evidence of God is in any religious book, it is in you- your five senses.
If you want to imagine nothiness, think of what happens to you during sleep of 8 hours(without dreams). What happens? you dont know.
I asked myself these questions which
How did nature unconsciously know that humans need eyes, that we need to see nature? then arrange elements of the eye together to produce eyes for sight at the face, and not at the anus.
How did nature know that humans needs to percieve odour from nature?
How did nature know that humans need to taste?
Nature produced male and female (I know there are intermediate anomalies).
Why did nature not produce many other kinds of sex. Why male and female? All our organs are connected to our brains. When you see an unclad opposite sex, there is feedback signal being transferred from eyes to the brain, which sends the signls to your se.x organs. Sometimes it happens unconsciously. The same with when we feel someone unclad, it all sends the same message. It has a purpose- for reproduction of creation. This cannot come by some unconscious random occurence. There is a supreme being behind all these

Yes God is the conscious being behind all the creation.
Is it not steering at us in the face?

What am I trying to say?

Whoever that put all these into motion, is more complex and greater than I am.
I cant explain God with my understanding. Why should I? I do not demand that God prooves himself to me, my existence and my complex abilities and our multifaceted nature is enough evidence to believe know that its a product of a conscious supreme being.

You would agree with me that the mind of God is not "assembly of components at the right places for a specific task"? Would you agree with me that the Universe is more vast and sophisticated than God's mind?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by DeepSight(m): 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton:

What available evidence?

Pls Keep logical deduction aside for now, because anyone can logically deduce anything they wish.
After all, magical thinking is an advanced form of logical deduction.

If we had evidence, there would have been no arguments.
For example, I have never met non-believers of gravity because there is no doubt about it's existence.

God is an idea. Period.
Primitive minds fashioned primitive gods.
A brilliant mind such as your fashions a much more refined god.

I am sure if you and I get together and call it a task, we can even fashion a much better god than you currently have.

God is a work in progress, just like our minds,

We have come a Lllllllong way , baby.
lol

You had better halt your slippery slope - your anti-God delirium is wiping out your reasoning powers - such that you completely missed the point.

Hint: the point is not in any evidence or even logical deduction. Is it not possible to know of the existence of something without understanding its full nature? This very simple everyday fact is what you stated is a contradiction.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
Deep Sight:

Is it not possible to know of the existence of something without understanding its full nature? .

I have re-read and knocked myself several time in head trying to rejig my loose screws in a futile attempt to understand this statement.

You mean that to know that something exists, we must first know it's full nature?
shocked
Full nature of what, then?
How can we know the full nature of something whose existence we don't yet know?

My head is hurting.
I think one of these religious apologists said that thinking gives headache.
I think he is right.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
There is difference between speculating and knowing.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton:

I have re-read and knocked myself several time in head trying to rejig my loose screws in a futile attempt to understand this statement.

You mean that to know that something exists, we must first know it's full nature?
shocked

My head is hurting.
I think he is right.
grin

Its thinking about ambiguous nonsense that gives one headaches.
You misunderstood his statement and have been wasting calories racking your head. grin grin grin
He said "is it not possible to know of the existence of something without understanding its full nature".
He did not say "we must understand the full nature of something before it is considered to exist"

That's because the existence of something is ascertained according to the existence of its existing character determined by our own parameters of existentialism and realistic determinationalism. (Its obvious I'm also trying to be ambiguous with this last part of my post. Or maybe I'm confused too. grin )
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
If God is objective, it is safe to say we will all hold the same concepts of him. No man would need to describe who or what he/she/it is. The fact that people daily feel the need to 'evangelize' this God or prove his existence only shows that God is and will remain an idea that will continue to evolve with us, as long as we do not have all the answers.

Unfortunately, when we do have all the answers, then we would be come God.

5 Likes

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
aManFromMars: If God is objective, it is safe to say we will all hold the same concepts of him.
well, it is unsafe of course. We can easily lie to ourselves and for our convenience, but our lies don't change the truth.

And btw, didn't you notice the joke I just made? Or do you think its easy to tailor that kind of complex joke?
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
aManFromMars: If God is objective, it is safe to say we will all hold the same concepts of him. No man would need to describe who or what he/she/it is. The fact that people daily feel the need to 'evangelize' this God or prove his existence only shows that God is and will remain an idea that will continue to evolve with us, as long as we do not have all the answers.

nope. The fact that people evangelize this God shows that we must break through the god-lies and god-delusions people like surrounding themselves with and speak the reality of God to them. His largeness and life, confirmed in our words and lives.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
aManFromMars: If God is objective, it is safe to say we will all hold the same concepts of him. No man would need to describe who or what he/she/it is. The fact that people daily feel the need to 'evangelize' this God or prove his existence only shows that God is and will remain an idea that will continue to evolve with us, as long as we do not have all the answers.

Well said ,Mfm
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: nope. The fact that people evangelize this God shows that we must break through the god-lies and god-delusions people like surrounding themselves with and speak the reality of God to them. His largeness and life, confirmed in our words and lives.
I wish you would read your posts to see all the contradictions and circular reasoning.
So, in other words you admit that there are god-lies and god-delusions, but it is only yours that just happens to the true god-lie and god-delusion?
Well done, Josh, well done.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton:
I wish you would read your posts to see all the contradictions and circular reasoning.
So, in other words you admit that there are god-lies and god-delusions, but it is only yours that just happens to the true god-lie and god-delusion?
Well done, Josh, well done.
yes. Because the very objective God backs me. It rhymes with his revealed word.

How do you know which is right? By their fruits. The fruit of their lives.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes. Because the very objective God backs me. It rhymes with his revealed word.

lol
If by your cuckooness we know your god, then your skydaddy must be doubly cuckoo.
lol

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by DeepSight(m): 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
plaetton:

shocked

My head is hurting.
I think he is right.

Oh my lawd. You are more lost in your delirium than I thought. That is not what I said at all. I hope you read it again and feel embarrassed. I hope you then see what your obsessive desperation is doing to your brain.

You need to take a full step back, and start your life musings all over again.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Redlyn: 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes. Because the very objective God backs me. It rhymes with his revealed word.

grin Unveliveable so many otherwise smart people talk and reason like this.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Deep Sight:

Oh my lawd. You are more lost in your delirium than I thought. That is not what I said at all. I hope you read it again and feel embarrassed. I hope you then see what your obsessive desperation is doing to your brain.

grin grin grin

Lolololololololololol

Over-exposure to wordplay like yours does this to people.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
Redlyn:

grin Unveliveable so many otherwise smart people talk and reason like this.
what is this one saying? grin
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Deep Sight:

grin grin grin

See how I'm laughing like a mad man in the middle of the night. grin

Chei.
Una no go kill peson.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 7:45am On Dec 20, 2013
Deep Sight:

Is it not possible to know of
the existence of something
without understanding its full nature? .

This is what you wrote.

If it is not possible to know of the existence of something, then who's full nature or what full nature is there to understand?

Perhaps you wrote it with an accent, and that is why it sounds different to you than it reads to me.
Maybe you should translate it into real english, without the accent.
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by plaetton: 7:47am On Dec 20, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin

See how I'm laughing like a mad man in the middle of the night. grin

Chei.
Una no go kill peson.

You are just an "oh yes" member in this discussion.
A yeoman, a backbencher.

So you laugh whenever we tell you to laugh.
Understand? embarassed
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by MrTroll(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Deep Sight:

CHAI!

Ignorance, illiteracy and st.upidity spoken with confidence.

You see those last two words in your post? You are the ringmaster of those.

Edit: PS:

By the way: since you still don't get it I have highlighted the words in yours above for your attention. Your disgusting logical gaffe is repeated in it: you set about explaining causes of death. Lol. That was never the question, nor was that raised. I am really shocked that that could be your come-back. Really trying to explain causes of death? You are a true and well bred clown.

Really, I thought only Logicboy was capable of this kind of thing.

The sickening bit is the delusion of enlightenment or exposure you live under. You are as dim witted and as ignorant as the laziest area boy I ever came across.

CHAI!
mcheew! And he just said nothing.

Bros, I saw through your bullshit of a corpse analogy. A corpse is VERY different from a living man and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with spirit or breath of life. This is exactly the type of ignorance our ancestors used in trying to explain thunder and lightning.."just hear the roar of the thunder, Sango must be angry" Nonsense!
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by MrTroll(m): 8:03am On Dec 20, 2013
grin grin grin

@plaetton, so you funny like this? Chai!
Re: Questions For Logicboy and other Atheists by Joshthefirst(m): 9:18am On Dec 20, 2013
plaetton:

You are just an "oh yes" member in this discussion.
A yeoman, a backbencher.

So you laugh whenever we tell you to laugh.
Understand? embarassed
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS / @ / The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.