Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,114 members, 7,828,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Nigerian Rock..who knew? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rock..who knew? (696 Views)

Who Is Your Best Nigerian Rock Musician? / Nigerian Rock Band " 1 Last Autograph" Releases New Single / Nigerian Rock Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Rock..who knew? by Feministic(f): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2008
I found these in a local record store of mine.

The first album (Nigeria Rock Special) is the one i bought and took home to listen to, LOVED IT! I was especially excited since it was my first time in that particular store and I didn't even know that Nigerian's had their had in rock music.

The second album (Living Is Hard: West African Music in Britain 1927-1929), was played for me by the shop boy, and is a collection of West African music played in Britain during the late 1920's. Very melodic and extremely fascinating. I do hope to return and purchase it soon.

Has anyone else heard of or listened to these? If not you may want to look into it smiley

(1) (Reply)

Forgive Me By Drama ! / New Alaye And 9ice - Excuse Me / 80's Rare Track

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.