Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School (821 Views)

Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True / 19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 10 Misused English Words That Make Smart People Look Silly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Sagytarius(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2013
Funny but Silly things we did during high school. I go first.

As an alumnus of a pro-unitate, I recall the Red Nights. The Red Night is the eve of students' departure to their respective homes after a spell of 3-4 months in the Boarding school environment. During this period of confined learning, we do get punished and bullied by our senior ones, both for genuine and flimsy reasons.

After enduring this period of 'torture', the Red Night presents itself as one of the opportunities to strike back at our oppressors. During this particular night, movement within the school premises is unrestricted to a great extent. It becomes sort of rowdy. You can find the jubilant ones (most probably because of good end-of-term academic results), as well as the saddened ones (you can tell why). Whatever the reason might be, the oppressed students capitalize on this rowdy period to device wicked means to pay back their oppressors. The tactics are numerous. But mine was exceptional!.

While everyone was away from the dorm, I went to my Room-Rep's bed corner. He's a 'professional' bully! So I decided to pay him back for his oppression. I looked for some electric cable; connected one end of it to a power outlet, and the other nakëd end was in contact with his bunk. "Perfect! ", I thought to myself. I then alerted few of my close roommates, who also wanted some pounds of his flesh. They bought the idea. We also made sure his bunk mate didn’t lie on that bed.

So we patiently waited for him to return and retire to his bed. It was getting very late into the night, but eventually, he came into the room. Ghen Ghen! We became silently observant. Lol. Soon as he sat on his bed and made contact with the metal part, you could imagine the kind of body movement that followed grin . It was sweet for us to behold. I had a good silent laugh, but some of my friends couldn't help but laugh out loud!

That outburst of laughter sold us out and we got duely punished for it.
However, it was fun to me; but in hindsight, it was a very silly and dangerous game.

Now your turn. Can you share your experience in the boarding school?
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by mikael78: 7:49am On Dec 16, 2013
L
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by stefikal(f): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2013
Me I was a gentle gal in skl oooo...#shrugscheesy
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Sagytarius(m): 8:11am On Dec 16, 2013
I hear u @Stefikal. Na who we go ask?
Oya, tell me the truth, I won't tell anyone.
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Spencer63(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2013
Sagytarius: Funny but Silly things we did during high school. I go first.

As an alumnus of a pro-unitate, I recall the Red Nights. The Red Night is the eve of students' departure to their respective homes after a spell of 3-4 months in the Boarding school environment. During this period of confined learning, we do get punished and bullied by our senior ones, both for genuine and flimsy reasons.

After enduring this period of 'torture', the Red Night presents itself as one of the opportunities to strike back at our oppressors. During this particular night, movement within the school premises is unrestricted to a great extent. It becomes sort of rowdy. You can find the jubilant ones (most probably because of good end-of-term academic results), as well as the saddened ones (you can tell why). Whatever the reason might be, the oppressed students capitalize on this rowdy period to device wicked means to pay back their oppressors. The tactics are numerous. But mine was exceptional!.

While everyone was away from the dorm, I went to my Room-Rep's bed corner. He's a 'professional' bully! So I decided to pay him back for his oppression. I looked for some electric cable; connected one end of it to a power outlet, and the other nakëd end was in contact with his bunk. "Perfect! ", I thought to myself. I then alerted few of my close roommates, who also wanted some pounds of his flesh. They bought the idea. We also made sure his bunk mate didn’t lie on that bed.

So we patiently waited for him to return and retire to his bed. It was getting very late into the night, but eventually, he came into the room. Ghen Ghen! We became silently observant. Lol. Soon as he sat on his bed and made contact with the metal part, you could imagine the kind of body movement that followed grin . It was sweet for us to behold. I had a good silent laugh, but some of my friends couldn't help but laugh out loud!

That outburst of laughter sold us out and we got duely punished for it.
However, it was fun to me; but in hindsight, it was a very silly and dangerous game.

Now your turn. Can you share your experience in the boarding school?
#Adonbelieveit!!!
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Sagytarius(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2013
Spencer63:
#Adonbelieveit!!!
U better believe smiley
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by stefikal(f): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2013
Sagytarius: I hear u @Stefikal. Na who we go ask?
Oya, tell me the truth, I won't tell anyone.

well, if moving d chair away when ur classmate wants to sit is counted as a silly stuff...I guess I'm guilty..

Or putting a piece of chalk into their mouth when they are asleep.

Or cleaning their seats with the chalkboard duster and afterwards they seat on it while getting their clothes stained with chalk dust.

Are these sillygrin
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by stefikal(f): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Sagytarius(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2013
There u are @stefikal! Whoah! shocked All these coming from a lady; that is even more cruel. Good thing u've confessed. Oya, go and sin no more. grin
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by stefikal(f): 9:23am On Dec 16, 2013
Sagytarius: There u are @stefikal! Whoah! shocked All these coming from a lady; that is even more cruel. Good thing u've confessed. Oya, go and sin no more. grin

haha! Dts not cruel now...I know of a friend, his sec skl uniform den was white, a time came when they placed a compass on a seat, a dude sat on it and mehn the blood stained his white trousers..

Instead of d classmates sympathising with him, dey were laughing saying tinz lyk 'a boy is seeing his period'... Now thats what I call cruel

1 Like

Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Sagytarius(m): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2013
stefikal:

haha! Dts not cruel now...I know of a friend, his sec skl uniform den was white, a time came when they placed a compass on a seat, a dude sat on it and mehn the blood stained his white trousers..

Instead of d classmates sympathising with him, dey were laughing saying tinz lyk 'a boy is seeing his period'... Now thats what I call cruel
Yeesu! Compass? shocked
Mhen, my own evil came a distant second in this case.

The "period" thingy got me cracked up, though. cheesy
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by christejames(m): 9:56am On Dec 16, 2013
Thank God i didnt attend high school, from primary to university straight... It was cool!!!
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Sagytarius(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2013
christe james: Thank God i didnt attend high school, from primary to university straight... It was cool!!!
shocked for which country, Bros?
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Ruq: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2013
I'm sure one of the silliest things will be 'Digbe' where you stick out your thumb or some object like a pen forcefully into someone's butt which makes you adjust your butt in an akward position. Someone once told me of a Case of Digbe gone wrong where the victim bled from the butt, it's very dangerous but funny.

And i remember 'lighting' this happens when you skin your hair. It gets worse if you're small person, you could be concentrating on work and suddenly you here 'lighting', even your friends will join in the tapping, the headache you'll get after this eehn. And the crazy thing when you want to report they beg you like mad or they make you feel like reporting makes you not cool.

Another one is tapping current while separating females while fighting.
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by stefikal(f): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sagytarius: Yeesu! Compass? shocked
Mhen, my own evil came a distant second in this case.

The "period" thingy got me cracked up, though. cheesy

u see! Am a good girl

christe james: Thank God i didnt attend high school, from primary to university straight... It was cool!!!

ehn :-/ bros ur lie fit wake dead body
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by Sagytarius(m): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
stefikal:
u see! Am a good girl
After you had removed their chairs when they wanted to sit down? cheesy
Re: Funny But Silly Things We Did During High School by stefikal(f): 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sagytarius:
After you had removed their chairs when they wanted to sit down? cheesy

sad I'm a good gal jooorr

gringrin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Award For The Year 2014/2015 / Candidate Accuses JAMB Of Issuing Him Conflicting Results / Federal Poly Ilaro 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.