Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Toyota Highlanders Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlanders Issues (1143 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Highlanders Issues by daddyshubby(m): 1:46am On Dec 17, 2013
pls guys help me, i drive a toyota highlander jeep (03/ V6) i have series of issues with it. first it consumes alot of fuel and my engine check light is always on, after scanning it i gave this code p1725. pls ur advice on how to go about this is welcome thanks.
Re: Toyota Highlanders Issues by 9icetoo(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2013
I guess it has to do with ur transmission. Probably it is stuck in lower gears and as such is putting a lot of stress on the engine and using up more fuel since it can't get into higher gears. Look for the input shaft speed sensor and the turbine shaft speed sensor. I read they are easy to get to. get them out, clean them and swap them. If the issue continues, u might need to replace the sensors. (So i read). There are tests that can be done on this sensors to determine if they are still okay but i doubt if thas something our mechs will be willing to do with u. un;less u have the time and skill to do it.
it was also written that the ECM could be a culprit but i wouldn't change the ECM until it is confirmed the sensors are good.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlanders Issues by daddyshubby(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thanks 9nicetoo, but pls can u give me more details on how to lacate this sensor and how to go about the whole thing, i have a mechanic who is willing to help but not knowlegeable on how to go about it. And if the sensor is bad how do i get a new one to replace it.
Re: Toyota Highlanders Issues by nissparts(m): 10:09am On Dec 18, 2013
If you are in Lagos, you can give me a call and bring it over this weekend
Re: Toyota Highlanders Issues by daddyshubby(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Thank for ur help but sorry am not in lagos, I stay in kaduna state but I believe u can still help me by sending me full description on what I should do.

(1) (Reply)

Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed / Can You Identify This Ride? / Too Much Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.