Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Arik Air:incompetence,deceit,lack Of Accountability,criminals - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air:incompetence,deceit,lack Of Accountability,criminals (783 Views)

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arik Air:incompetence,deceit,lack Of Accountability,criminals by balila: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2013
I bought Arik Air ticket from Lagos to Kaduna- Monday 16/12/2013.Departure 15:20 and Arrival 16:40. On Sunday I received an SMS that the flight will depart by 14:20 which means it's 1 hour early. Nice I thought and I prepared and left my house on the Island by 11:30. 12:30 I was in the airport and promptly checked in one luggage,while holding another as hand luggage. After passing through security screening,I sat down hoping to depart soon as expected. Precisely at 12:41 I received another SMS that the flight has been rescheduled for 18:05 and I knew that the game of deceit and lack of accountability has started. At 18:10,an announcement that the flight is delayed for 30 mins. We were later called to board and were told to identify our bags before entering the aircraft which was a Boeing 737-700 series. I identified and took my seat praying for safe flight to Kaduna. We eventually took off around 7 and landed around 8. We proceeded to the makeshift terminal to wait for our luggages which came a few minutes later. After dropping a few bags the handlers said that's all the luggage on ground. Passengers were left stranded- no luggage. Half of the passengers who waited patiently for over 6 hrs still ended up without our bags with no explanation. Bags we identified at the point of entering the aircraft. A high ranking air force officer who is to attend a conference today landed without his uniform and even cash for accomodation which was in his luggage. He was so mad he rushed back to the aircraft to return to Lagos. Didn't know how he finished. Another lady with some iced soup in her luggage was scared it may melt an spilled on her clothes. Yet another lady who was supposed to fly on Sunday- but on getting to airport the flight was cancelled and was told to come on Monday complained about her dry fish which has being delayed for 2 days and with this development only God knows what will happen. I just washed my trouser and shirt because all I have is in my bag which is not even locked. My hand luggage contained only my PS 3,my DSTV decoder,my laptop and the 3 jean trousers I put in between the items to prevent their rubbing or scratching another. I am advising my other friends and colleagues to go for Aero.

(1) (Reply)

Info is needed in getting Japanese visa / Why Men Never Ask For Direction / I Need To Know How Much Is The Flight From Lagos To Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.