Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition (2437 Views)

Miss Centenary Nigeria Beauty Pageant And Fashion Show Will Hold On 14 Dec. 2013 / Jogs Centenary!!! / Insight: Anc Centenary Cleansing (south Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 11:10am On Dec 17, 2013
The Background:
In light of the celebration of the 100 years amalgamation of Nigeria (1914-2014), TGIC Quiz Show is the 2nd Season of the TGIC Competition that had been going online. It intends to provide edutainment to Nigerians between the ages of 18-39. The Quiz show is an integral part of the Social media platform of the Nigeria Centenary Celebration.
The TGIC Competition Season 2 is in two stages/categories

(1) Entry stage is: the Essay category

(2) Competition stage is: the Quiz category.

The Format:
The show will be held in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria and hosted in six cities: Yenagoa (south-south); Akure (south-west); Enugu (south-east); Kaduna (north-west); Makurdi (north central); Bauchi (north-east). The grand finale is to hold in the federal capital, Abuja.

How to enter:

1. 'Like' the NIGERIA CENTENARY Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/nigeriacentenary100 )

2. Write a 100 (one-hundred) word essay on the subject/theme: “I Know My Country” and email it to: TGICQUIZ@NIGCENTENARY.COM

Timeline for the competition & Dead line are as follows:

Zone 1) South-South January 14, 2014 at Yenagoa;

Zone 2) South-East January 18, 2014 at Enugu;

Zone 3) South-West January 21,2014 at Ondo.

ENTRIES for zone 1-3 will CLOSE by December 31, 2013.

Zone 4) North-West January 25, 2015 at Kaduna;

Zone 5) North-East January 28, 2014 at Bauchi;

Zone 6) North-Central, February 1, 2014 at Markudi.

Entries for zone 4-6 will close by January 15, 2014

A press conference will be hosted in the federal capital on January 9, 2014 while the grand finale, also in Abuja, will hold on February 8 2014.

Short-listing procedure:
All entries will be assessed by an in-house panel of judges comprising historians, academics and political scientists who are all professors in their various fields; 20 entries will be shortlisted for the regional Quiz contest.

Final Competition:

One winner will be selected from each geo-political zones, making a total of six

(6). All six finalist will be invited to Abuja for the grand finale and will receive a centenary award.

Prizes:

*.Grand Prize - One Million ( N1,000,000) Naira

*.2nd Prize - Five Hundred Thousand ( N500,000) Naira

*.3rd place – Two Hundred Fifty Thousand ( N250,000) Naira

*.The three winners in each geo-political zone will receive N250,000, N150,000 and N100,000 respectively.

*.Many other consolation prizes, including N10, 000 for each of the 20 regional participants etc.

For further information check the official Nigeria centenary page

Goodluck!

Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2013
Welcome to the Centenary TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW thread.

Please feel free to drop your Questions, Comments or Remarks about the show. And in so doing, Please let us exercise some level of moderation.

Let the discussions begin.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thank God. I have submitted my Essay Entry for the TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW.

Has anyone else submitted His/Her Essay entry?
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by maleeqobems(m): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
Owk.

NOTED.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
@maleeq thanks for following the thread. Have you submitted your essay entry for the competition?
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Kenexcel(m): 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hi panoply...u doin a great job...nice one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ken excel: Hi panoply...u doin a great job...nice one

Thanks boss!cool
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
@Ken, have u submitted your essay entry?
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by maleeqobems(m): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=Panoply]@maleeq thanks for following the thread. Have you submitted your essay entry for the competition?[/quote

I'm still on it bro.
Thanks. smiley
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
maleeq obems: I'm still on it bro.

Thanks

Alright, you're welcome. And best of luck with that.

Cheers!
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by tr3y(m): 10:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
100 words small for 1million naira!!!
Anyway the people wey don send their own make una support me by sending a copy to my email so that when I win una be shareholder.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by tr3y(m): 10:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
100 words small for 1million naira!!!
Anyway the people wey don send their own make una support me by sending a copy to my email so that when I win una be shareholder for the money.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
tr3y: 100 words small for 1million naira!!!
Anyway the people wey don send their own make una support me by sending a copy to my email so that when I win una be shareholder for the money.

Lol @tr3y...This got me laughing for real.

Well, no problem boss. Thanks for stopping by anyways.

Cheers! cool
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 10:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
REMINDER:

Please note that the deadline for the submission of entries in the SOUTH SOUTH, SOUTH EAST & SOUTH WEST is 31st december 2013.

You have just 12 days left to send in your essay entry, if you are residing in any of the afforementioned zones.

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Pokemon43(f): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Av submitted mine but couldn't keep it down to 100 words but 250 but it was worth trying,pls make me clear,we are submitting essay to qualify for quiz?pls show me examples of d kind of questions for d quiz
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Panoply: REMINDER:

Please note that the deadline for the submission of entries in the SOUTH SOUTH, SOUTH EAST & SOUTH WEST is 31st december 2013.

You have just 12 days left to send in your essay entry, if you are residing in any of the afforementioned zones.

Thanks.

Update: 2 days to go.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Pokemon43: Av submitted mine but couldn't keep it down to 100 words but 250 but it was worth trying,pls make me clear, we are submitting essay to qualify for quiz? pls show me examples of d kind of questions for d quiz

Yes, A successful essay entry is the qualifying criterion for the quiz competition.

As for ur second Question, based on my understanding of the whole event, The questions for the quiz is going to zero in on the history of Nigeria

Then coming to the word length, the instructions says 100, It is expected of us to abide by it no matter how incomplete we feel our essay would be.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by maleeqobems(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2013
Pokemon43: Av submitted mine but couldn't keep it down to 100 words but 250 but it was worth trying,pls make me clear,we are submitting essay to qualify for quiz?pls show me examples of d kind of questions for d quiz

Did you read the instructions at all??
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by maleeqobems(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2013
Panoply:
Yes, A successful essay entry is the qualifying criterion for the quiz competition.
As for ur second Question, based on my understanding of the whole event, The questions for the quiz is going to zero in on the history of Nigeria
Then coming to the word length, the instructions says 100, It is expected of us to abide by it no matter how incomplete we feel our essay would be.

Thumbs up man.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 10:53am On Dec 30, 2013
maleeq obems:

Thumbs up man.

Thanks my brother. Your contribution to this thread is highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Pokemon43(f): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2013
maleeq obems:

Did you read the instructions at all??
no i just wanted to av fun writing d essay love to write
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by maleeqobems(m): 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pokemon43: no i just wanted to av fun writing d essay love to write
As a friend,I would advice you to write another one. U kind of funny though. grin

Panoply:
Thanks my brother. Your contribution to this thread is highly appreciated.
Cheers!
U r welcome.

Cheers.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by tr3y(m): 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
Sent finally!!!
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
tr3y: Sent finally!!!

Wow! Thats good to know. So, which geo-political zone are u entering the competition from?
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
Essay entries for the south south, south east & south west zones ends today.

If you haven't submitted yours, you still have between now and 23:59 hours (11:59pm).

Happy new year eve.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by tr3y(m): 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
Panoply:

Wow! Thats good to know. So, which geo-political zone are u entering the competition from?

South south... Do we choose the zones ourselves?
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
tr3y:

South south... Do we choose the zones ourselves?

No, the zone which your state of residence falls into, automatically becomes your zone.
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by tr3y(m): 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
Panoply:

No, the zone which your state of residence falls into, automatically becomes your zone.

Living in Lagos, serving in bayelsa, state of origin ekiti so which one

Did they replied you when you send yours to
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by Panoply: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
tr3y:

Living in Lagos, serving in bayelsa, state of origin ekiti so which one

Normally, it should be Lagos (i.e South-West zone), but thats only if you had indicated it as your State of Residence on your essay.

Did they replied you when you send yours to

Yes they did. It was an auto response, requesting for additional info.

Did you not get the auto response?
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by tr3y(m): 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
Panoply:

Normally, it should be Lagos (i.e South-West zone), but thats only if you had indicated it as your State of Residence on your essay.

Yes they did. It was an auto response, requesting for additional info.

Did you not get the auto response?

Nada... At all
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by maleeqobems(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2014
Essay submitted. wink
Re: Nigeria Centenary: TGIC TV QUIZ SHOW Competition by tr3y(m): 10:31am On Jan 05, 2014
maleeq obems: Essay submitted. wink

Guy.. Them reply you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relaxation Centers In Gwarinmpa Or Kubwa. / Beautiful Cakes For Your Next Event / The Nigerian Telecom Awards At The Incubator Event Centre {6pm }

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.